Celebrating after a Goal

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not really. Usually I just fist bump the passer and get back in to position.

If I get some crazy awesome goal (like championship game) I will raise my stick.

SCBruCrew4

Dec 5, 2011
Boston, Ma
Lol yeah. Some of the scoreboards read 4-0 or something similar. Some were in the 1st and 2nd period lol. Just ridiculousness. If I were any of the coaches I'd feel ashamed lol.

wilson1379

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
When I was younger I definitely did.

I remember one tournament we bench dove for every single goal, the entire line that was on the ice, we were like 14 but jesus haha.

Other than that nothing too serious though.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Surprise the classic raising of the hands isn't used that often. I used to do it all the time when I was younger.

Last night I had 2 goals, first one tied the game up and I was in front of the net and just stuffed it in. Did a little fist pump similar to what Gaborik does.

2nd goal was the game winner that broke a 2-2 tie with about 1:15 left in the 3rd. Came down and sniped the goalie glove side. Needless to say I was pretty pumped and raised my hands as I met my teammates.

TUCKER 06

May 22, 2012
I've always admired Mike Cammalleri for how low-key his goal celebrations were.

Someone on one of these forums said it best - "I act like I've been there before and will be there again."

keysersoze98

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I like to think the age of the scorer and the situation impact the celebration.

I don't mind a HS or below kid getting pumped up after a goal but when they do the same to make it 9-0 it's quite embarrassing. I also hate when a team has to get together for their group glove/head pat RIGHT in front of a goalie in a blow out. Have some class.

In adult league, there's very few times when much of a celebration is needed, IMO. When a guy that never scores actually does, I don't mind a team getting a bit loud to celebrate/bust on him. Besides that situation or a sick, sick goal...anything more than glove taps to team mates or a simple "YEAH!" is too much, in my opinion.

Adult league for me, I just point to a team mate that gave me a nice pass or made a nice play on the goal. Or laugh about how I was trying to shoot top shelf and fanned to score low.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
I hope the first one is a joke. Calm down Evander. ;)

yeah . . . it was definitely a joke. I keep it pretty low key though I did get pretty stoked when I scored our go-ahead goal in a recent league final that we won. But even then it was a briefly raised stick and some fist bumps. But when we won we mobbed our goalie and went a bit nuts

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I used to play indoor soccer and i scored so much that i didnt even get excited anymore.

and the team rarely cared either. hockey is such a team thing that i love scoring, because everyone is genuinely excited. at least at my level :)

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Maybe a "reserved" fist pump. Hand/arm moves downwards maybe a few inches with hand clenched.
Maybe yelling "Yeah!" or "Goal!" :laugh:
Giving fist bumps to my teammates.

When my teammates score I tend to do a more traditional hockey celebration
stock-illustration-8573729-hockey-goal-celebration-silhouette.jpg

I think I celebrate more when my teammates score than when I score :laugh:.

JR97

May 16, 2012
hockey is such a team thing that i love scoring, because everyone is genuinely excited. at least at my level :)

It's funny. I get pretty excited when my team mates scores. Some more than others. When I score sometimes I feel embarrassed. Like 'yeah, that was an accident. sorry'.

but the whole team thing is what hockey is about. To win it takes everybody doing their part and hopefully a few peeps can put the puck in the net a few times. I feel just as good with a good breakout pass that leads to a scoring opportunity as I do the no look blind drop pass setting up the open net tap in. (hopefully the opponent's net. ;))

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Usually let out a whoop or a "yeah!" when I see it go it. It's just too exciting.

I used to not celebrate if we were way up or down in goals, but last year I had a goal taken away because the refs "didn't see it go in" since the puck popped in and out and I just skated to the bench.

Yeah, that's pretty much me. I usually involuntarily yell "Yeah!" when anyone on my team scores while I'm on the ice. If I score, I raise my stick to make sure the refs know the puck went in... and so I get credit for the goal. To be honest, I get annoyed when I don't get credit for scoring.

That's all in league games, though. In pickup at most I'll touch gloves with someone if they give me a really nice pass.

SCritical

Yeah, that's pretty much me. I usually involuntarily yell "Yeah!" when anyone on my team scores while I'm on the ice. If I score, I raise my stick to make sure the refs know the puck went in... and so I get credit for the goal. To be honest, I get annoyed when I don't get credit for scoring.

That's all in league games, though. In pickup at most I'll touch gloves with someone if they give me a really nice pass.

My house team is so bad we go nuts any time any one scores :laugh:

On my first goal in women's league I made a huge d!ck of myself. In my defense, we were also playing a team who we hadn't scored against all seaon (and didn't manage to after that.)

Phil Connors*

It's a great feeling seeing someone who never scores a goal, score.

Ex: I was reffing a high school game between an experienced team (many travel/tier players) and a complete newb team (many first year/in house players, was a inner city high school team with many kids who never have had a chance to play hockey but you can tell they love it). The score must have been 9-0. Then the inexperienced team scores to make it 9-1 and they were just elated as if they just won the game in overtime, smiles from ear to ear. A few of the other team's players gave them (genuine) shin taps and congrats because they know it means the world to these guys who rarely score goals. Great thing to witness.

As a long time player I never celebrate anymore when I score, but I have no problem celebrating/congratulating (even in pick up hockey) with players who you see working hard at the game and rarely score.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I used to be quite the cellee kind of guy until I was given the role of Captain of my team this year and I've kinda toned it down since, usually when I score I'll just kinda do a small fist pump and compliment everyone on their play and give them a tap on the shins. If it's a big goal or a really pretty goal I have a signature move, go to one knee, and do a bow and arrow move, it's like Burrows celebration mixed in with the Luc Bourdon celebration.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I used to be quite the cellee kind of guy until I was given the role of Captain of my team this year and I've kinda toned it down since, usually when I score I'll just kinda do a small fist pump and compliment everyone on their play and give them a tap on the shins. If it's a big goal or a really pretty goal I have a signature move, go to one knee, and do a bow and arrow move, it's like Burrows celebration mixed in with the Luc Bourdon celebration.

And I play house minor hockey, not pick-up hockey where it's just whatever.

In pick-up hockey you drop the celebrations because no one gives a ****.

I Am Score*

And I play house minor hockey, not pick-up hockey where it's just whatever.

In pick-up hockey you drop the celebrations because no one gives a ****.

Pretty much. I never celebrate in pick up hockey unless the other team are being major douches, which i've never had the chance to light it up when they are being one.

Someone needs to do a "breaking lockout chains" celebration in the NHL.

Cattman

Laughing Skulls HC
Jul 23, 2010
Lusby, MD
I usually just skate over to the goal, and pee on the goal posts. Just to mark my territory like a wolf.

Usually it's just fist bumps for my line mates.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I played pond shinny w/a few guys the other day on a really ****** rink we were able to find and use. We celebrated more for goals there than when we play in our leagues :lol:

Stickchecked

Jun 16, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I find in my pickups the bench is pretty vocal when we score a goal while the players on the ice are pretty subdued. We don't keep score but like to make it competitive.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
I like to put the the stick next to my head and pretend I am playing the trombone but riding my stick like a horse works too. Otherwise I just do a normal fist pump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad