Celebrating after a Goal

RJ8812*

the guys that celebrate after a goal in pick-up hockey are **********

I laugh at them

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Generally a fist pump and point at the set-up man.

Although it's pretty rare that I do score (stay at home D-man) so I'm usually left wondering how it went in. :laugh:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
the guys that celebrate after a goal in pick-up hockey are **********

I laugh at them

I scored on a shot trainer at pick up the other day and did the sliding on one knee fist pump celly. It got laughs. Just messing around though, I've never seen anyone legit celebrate a goal in pick up. Just the other players congratulating lol.

getzforfighting*

i usually take a snap of water from the gumpers bottle after i score on him. prob the best way to go about it

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Yeah, I once had a guy come right up to me and shout "YEAHHH!!11!! HAVE THAT YOU LITTLE ****!" right in my face :laugh: but I just laughed because he was a fairly old guy (mid-late thirties) and I was 19.

I play in an organised amateur league and my teammates usually just put both of their arms up in the air and shout "Yeah!" or "Woo!" when they score.

I don't really pay attention to how the guys celly when I'm lining semi pro but yesterday when a guy on the home team scored he gestured towards the fans and put his arms out and then his teammates came over for the usual embrace

I resent that remark. Okay, okay I actually resemble that remark.

Nov 12, 2010
Just a fist bump with a linemate, stick raise if it's a nice goal. If the other team's been chirping all game, I skate by their bench and put my glove out for the fist bump.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Scream "oh yeah," fist bump the linemate I passed to (I don't shoot - I set up others ala Adam Oates), then skate over to the other team's bench, look at them in the eye, and yell: "where's the D"?!?!?

All that at open hockey with the same 15-20 ppl we play each week.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I celebrated on my first ever shinny goal and first ever league goal. Minimal though.

The rest... Well, even if I'd like to celebrate I'm usually pretty winded by the time I score a goal anyway, so I just slowly skate over to the bench.

Rare for me to score early into a shift or a face off, get most of mine on breakaways or grind them out.

JR97

May 16, 2012
I don't cele' my own goals. I'll go fist bump whomever got me the puck or made a nice play leading to the goal. Although there have been a few garbage goals or puck barely over the line and the goalie moved it out where I raised my stick just so that the ref would know.

When I see my teamies score goals I'm usually pretty exuberant. :handclap:

Actually, I lied. When we've played teams made up of buddies I've taunted the bench and tried to get a high five or fist bump out of them. But I'd never do anything like that against non-buddies. :sarcasm:

PaperworkNinja

May 24, 2012
Among Bureaucrats
So, running out to the parking lot, flipping an opponent's car and setting it on fire after a particularly difficult goal would be frowned upon as a goal celebration? I'm, uhm, asking for a friend.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Worst thing you can do is do something big celly if you are winning or losing big against a non-rival. You are just embarrassing yourself and your team. Especially if you are going nuts after a goal and you are trailing by 7

the team we played two weeks ago has by far the biggest fan base of any team in my league. they scored a goal while down 4-0 and the fans went absolutely *******, i couldnt even hear what my line-mate was saying. i got a pretty good laugh out of it because there was no way they were going to win

Trevor3

Nov 16, 2010
Stephenville - YJT
I don't cele' my own goals. I'll go fist bump whomever got me the puck or made a nice play leading to the goal. Although there have been a few garbage goals or puck barely over the line and the goalie moved it out where I raised my stick just so that the ref would know.

When I see my teamies score goals I'm usually pretty exuberant. :handclap:

Actually, I lied. When we've played teams made up of buddies I've taunted the bench and tried to get a high five or fist bump out of them. But I'd never do anything like that against non-buddies. :sarcasm:

A guy taunted my team's bench after he scored (put his team up 7-0) when I was in Midget. The next shift out, he was grabbed from behind and choked into unconsciousness. Next period he was clotheslined with a stick off a faceoff.

I do not advise taunting benches.

Back to the topic at hand, I do not score, therefore I do not celebrate. In pick up games I just beaver-tap my stick on the ice like our goalie, call out to the guy something encouraging and skate back for the faceoff.

SCBruCrew4

Dec 5, 2011
Boston, Ma
I was playing pick up a couple weeks ago and did a nice spin move (think Brian Campbells) and I just undressed the defenceman. I wound up scoring the goal...never even celly'd just a lot of chatter from my teamates after. The defenceman actually passed me on my way back to the bench and he just smiled and say I really ********* him up on that lol. Maybe next time I'll ride my stick for laughs lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad