Proposal: Ceci + Duchene

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Did I stutter?

Duchene would be a wing on the Leafs and I would much rather have Nylander over him. He's on team control, is much, much younger and has put up more points than Duchene in the last two seasons despite it being his first two seasons.

A lot of Sens fans wanted the team to pass on Ceci after his arbitration number came out. Why would we want him over a very young defenseman who has progressed very nicely, looked great down the stretch for the Leafs and was great for the Marlies in their Calder Cup win? And he's from Toronto to boot.

So yeah, this is a hard no for Leafs fans.
kinda hard to tell if you stuttered on an online forum but I am sure you thought it was funny when you posted that.

duchene>nylander

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hyperbole, thy name is Kamiccolo.

0 Hyperbole. Dermott is better TODAY than Ceci and is several years younger. Duchene needs a UFA contract and could walk after 1 year. So instead we move a stud guy with two first line seasons at 20 and 21. Not only that, Nylander at 20 scored more than Duchenes in his last FOUR seasons. He is also a RFA.

All that for the sweet price of moving a guy on LTIR who's cap hit doesn't even count against us.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
kinda hard to tell if you stuttered on an online forum but I am sure you thought it was funny when you posted that.

duchene>nylander
I wasn't trying to be funny. Sorry for disappointing you, though.

Feel free to provide some insight into why Duchene is better for the Leafs.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
I wasn't trying to be funny. Sorry for disappointing you, though.

Feel free to provide some insight into why Duchene is better for the Leafs.
ya you were, why else would you write some dumb ass comment like "did I stutter" lmao dont take it back now ;)

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
Why don't you respond to the topic at hand instead of getting fixated on something so trivial?
Because he's a habs fan and is just trying to stir the pot.

No rational or knowledgeable hockey fan actually believes that Duchene is better than Nylander.
That's without even taking into consideration the fact that Nylander is much younger, and is going to be on a better contract than Duchene.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Not a chance for the Leafs.

Duchene has 1 year left and will want to get paid, and Ceci isn't that good.

Hortons contract really doesn't effect us much, and I'd take Nylander over Duchene, and bet on Dermotts potential over Ceci.

Like I said, not a chance.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lol
I’d say the opposite, Dermott hasn’t even played a half season yet

Dermott was arguably the best 3rd pairing defenseman last season while being dragged down by Polak.

Ceci was one of the worst 2nd pairing guys in the entire league.

If I was Dubas, i wouldn't even entertain the thought of letting Babcock play Ceci for a minute.

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
giphy.gif

Reactions: Raymoondo

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
What in the actual ****

And Leafs fans wonder why everybody hates them :laugh:

I am so bumping this thread if the Sens have a great year and, *gasp*, finish ahead of the Leafs (or maybe even beat them the playoffs, one can dream!)

Please remove the speculation tag, this is insulting
L

I can’t take anything you have said here seriously.

Do you honestly, realistically think there is any way Ottawa finishes ahead of the Leafs?

Good luck with that, and bump away, but the likelihood is much higher that Ottawa finishes in the bottom 5.

At least you didn’t call Leafs fans delusional, just hated, and then proceeded to post drivel.

Well done.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm confused as to how this is speculation. This is a proposal and a crazy one.

Ottawa needs to go out of their way to get Cici and Duchene RESIGNED even if it means overpaying them by a mill per year each.

NHL needs to scare that dumb owner into selling his franchise before he runs it so far into the ground that Oil fans like myself come to realize that things could have actually been worse.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I love how Toronto needs to upgrade their defense yet in this deal they lose Nylander and somehow downgrade on the back-end :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad