Series Talk: CDSF: Nashville Predators vs Carolina Hurricanes

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I mentioned this is the Jeanott thread but thought I'd add it here too for maybe a little more discussion.
The forward lineup I'd start in the first game:
Berg Joey Duchene
Kunin Gran Hook
Jeanott Haula Tolvanen
Olivier Sissons Trenin
I'd leave this group out there until it's proven not to work. Thoughts?

I like this lineup. I think I keep Tolvanen on a short leash for the playoffs. I love what he brings on the PP but 5v5 is still not there...I think it will get there, but it's not there yet. I hate making him sit, but I feel like our PP is almost worthless and this series will need to be won 5v5. Maybe I am over thinking everything as I tend to do. If you sit Tolvanen you let Arvy play if he is healthy enough. It's a trade off of PP production for 5v5 production.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I wouldn't mix things up that much. I don't like Duchene and the last game of the season against an AHL-calibre lineup notwithstanding I don't trust him on a top line. He's just fine where he was with Haula. I like Olivier just fine, but as long as we have the full Herd Line 2.0 I don't think we need him in a playoff game. I go:

Forsberg - Johansen - Tolvanen
Jarnkrok - Granlund - Kunin
Trenin - Sissons - Jeannot
Cousins/Richardson - Haula - Duchene

If Arvy is back, I just go ahead with JoFA and have a Tolvanen-Haula-Duchene line.

Yeah I think you stick with what has been working and that lineup has done well including beating full strength Canes team. If it is Game 3 and we're down 2-0 then I'd consider doing the line mixer.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Ouch 6pm on a Friday. Was thinking of going but no way I'd make it downtown in time. That sucks.

It's weird that when the game is actually in EST it's at 7PM CST. But at home we're playing at 6PM CST. F off NHL.

Reactions: bdub24

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Lol. All the years complaining about the 830 starts now we get a 6 o clock and it’s just as bad.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Lol. All the years complaining about the 830 starts now we get a 6 o clock and it’s just as bad.

I was thinking the same thing when I wrote that. Though to be fair an 830 start on a Friday isn’t a big deal. It’s the midweek ones that kill.

Reactions: bdub24

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Playoff avatars?

I don't think we have anyone left on the board who does those. IIRC in previous years someone from outside came by and offered to make them. If we dont have avatars then maybe we can at least all change our subtitle to #164303 or some other variant

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
You can always just fill up a few bags before you head out too...

us-gas-shortage.png

f***ing Moron

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Got my ticket for fridays game, just gotta fill some plastic bags with gas and im all set! :laugh:

A few years ago, I was working on my lawn mower. I wanted to sharpen the blade. I drained the half tank of gas into a red Solo cup. That cup started to fall apart in about 30 seconds. I guess it was made from petrochemicals. You would think that a chemist would know better, but I was in a hurry and it was only going to take a minute or two.

Go Preds!!!

It isn't Hurricane season!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hey Preds Fans,

Oil fan coming in peace. Good luck with the Canes, hope you guys take em out. Curious if you guys could give me a scouting report on how Matt Benning has been this year. Doesn't look like you guys made a player thread for him so didn't know where else to ask this. How has he been? Playing 3rd pair? Any improvements? You guys want him back?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hey Preds Fans,

Oil fan coming in peace. Good luck with the Canes, hope you guys take em out. Curious if you guys could give me a scouting report on how Matt Benning has been this year. Doesn't look like you guys made a player thread for him so didn't know where else to ask this. How has he been? Playing 3rd pair? Any improvements? You guys want him back?
I feel like he's an adequate #6/7 guy who was sometimes used a bit more than we'd ideally like due to all our injuries. At $1M I don't have any problem with him. But we have at least 6 better D than him when everybody is healthy.

I'd be looking to dump Borowiecki in the off-season before dumping Benning. But I'd also take Gudbranson over Benning in that spot if we were able to sign Gudbranson to a cheap enough 1-yr deal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I feel like he's an adequate #6/7 guy who was sometimes used a bit more than we'd ideally like due to all our injuries. At $1M I don't have any problem with him. But we have at least 6 better D than him when everybody is healthy.

I'd be looking to dump Borowiecki in the off-season before dumping Benning. But I'd also take Gudbranson over Benning in that spot if we were able to sign Gudbranson to a cheap enough 1-yr deal.

Ahh so injuries got him nearly a full schedule this season at 53 games... makes sense. So still looking like a #7 I guess. Not seeing much potential there I guess. Sounds about par for the course with this player.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
anyone else LOVE the fact that it seems the media en masse lothes the Preds?
Oh I think certain people within it do, but I don't think it's all of them by any stretch. I mean Eddie O., Anson Carter, and Roenick when he was in it just can't stand it. I'm sure Milbury probably hates us with a passion. I'm sure several guys in the Canadian market just seethe about another " southern team", but the truth is the probably have a rather large dislike for most of the teams in our division this season tbh.

I mean the fact we can barely get a prime time game on NBCSN unless we are playing the Hawks and couldn't buy one with a 10 foot pole on NBC itself let's you know the network as a whole doesn't care.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Hey Preds Fans,

Echoing to what others have said. I think he's a serviceable 6-7 D, but the thing is I don't think he processes the game fast enough to be the main PMD on a pairing, nor is he physical enough to be the stay-at-home partner, either.

He's been adequate but ideally, you'd have a better/faster puck-mover or a more physical player out there instead of him.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad