Series Discussion CDF/WCSF: Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues (Stars eliminated)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't know . I can see why Heatherington was used and will probably play again ( unless somebody gets healthy ) . For the matchup against the Blues a big guy like Heatherington has his uses . I wouldn't use him against any of the other remaining teams in the playoffs but against someone like Maroon ? Sure i take a guy for 8-10 minutes who can shove some of the big players of the Blues out the of the way.

I've seen alot of WWE scrums in front of Bishop in his series . Might as well use a guy more who is build like a Wrestler for those.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I don't know . I can see why Heatherington was used and will probably play again ( unless somebody gets healthy ) . For the matchup against the Blues a big guy like Heatherington has his uses . I wouldn't use him against any of the other remaining teams in the playoffs but against someone like Maroon ? Sure i take a guy for 8-10 minutes who can shove some of the big players of the Blues out the of the way.
Hanley was better than heatherington and he’s only 5’11” . I’d rather a guy who can quickly and easily get the puck out of his end and not have to defend as much .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hanley was better than heatherington and he’s only 5’11” . I’d rather a guy who can quickly and easily get the puck out of his end and not have to defend as much .

Hanley is better all around than both Heatherington and Bayreuther. There are some questions if Bayreuther overall can handle the defensive pressure of the Blues. Maybe he can maybe not ?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Hanley is better all around than both Heatherington and Bayreuther. There are some questions if Bayreuther overall can handle the defensive pressure of the Blues. Maybe he can maybe not ?
I thought bayreuther was our best call up of the season for defenseman . Was kinda surprised he got sent back down . Can’t they dress both though ?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I thought bayreuther was our best call up of the season for defenseman . Was kinda surprised he got sent back down . Can’t they dress both though ?

At the end of the day its for the sheltered #6 spot . The coaching staff will go with however they think is the least risky. The 12-ish minutes Oleksiak and Hanley saw is the most the player can expect and thats if he does well.

Reactions: Bfantz

RobR

Nov 16, 2018
Pretty shocked by how many Blues fans on the main board don’t think their team put in a good effort. They were flying and hitting everything that moved in the first period. They didn’t keep it up the whole game but that’s basically impossible. I get why they’re frustrated but to watch that game and think the Blues were not trying is difficult to understand.
Yeah well we've got some pretty lame fans here in St. Louis, that's for sure. As a Blues fan I saw what you saw and Bishop is a "Beast"

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
At the end of the day its for the sheltered #6 spot . The coaching staff will go with however they think is the least risky. The 12-ish minutes Oleksiak and Hanley saw is the most the player can expect and thats if he does well.
They made a point to praise Hanley’s play and to say he got more minutes than planned. Makes me think he’s the guy playing if both he and Beyruether are available.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They made a point to praise Hanley’s play and to say he got more minutes than planned.

He did . It was slightly more than 12 . Oleksiak had similar minutes against Nashville when he was playing well. It's not what is expected of the guy on the #6 spot though. That'd be around 8 to maybe 10 but if he plays well he can get more. Still #6 minutes though.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
a 1st round pick for a 32yr with maybe a few quality years left isn't a good investment, even with how terrible we are in the first round
I don’t think 3yrs from a guy like Zucc for a late 1st round pick is a bad trade off. He’s seemed to bring an energy presence much like Radulov did both with fans and the team.

He’s also seemed to really help a few of our younger guys (Hintz and Dickinson) with more on the way. I think he could really be great next season as a winger for Roope if the Stars choose to put him as our #2C; Gurianov may jump on it as well.

Last edited:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
a 1st round pick for a 32yr with maybe a few quality years left isn't a good investment, even with how terrible we are in the first round
Due in no small part to his contributions we are one game away from being in the final four. f*** first round picks and magic beans, give me playoff wins every day. What percentage of late first round picks will turn out to give you ~3.3 years of Zuke level play? (Small)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Due in no small part to his contributions we are one game away from being in the final four. **** first round picks and magic beans, give me playoff wins every day. What percentage of late first round picks will turn out to give you ~3.3 years of Zuke level play? (Small)

I'm not too concerned about losing a 28th/29th 1st round pick this season if the Stars make the Conference Finals. Odds say that is not much of a lost pick, especially with the Nill/McDonnell X factor lol. The pick in 2020 scares me a bit more, though.

It's going to be a very interesting off season. Probably the most important in Nill's time in Dallas, and one that basically sets up the future of the franchise.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Not feeling optimistic about Tuesday. I'm happy that Dallas has made it this far in the playoffs but this team needs to get their **** together if they want to move on.

Coming into the season I thought they were an 8th seed at my very optimistic best. They are about to play game 7 in the second round. Honestly, a very successful season I wasn't expecting.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m not ready to pack it in just yet. Dallas has played crap games and then come out looking amazing. Every player needs to come out with a fire under their butt, because for lots of guys it isn’t just about the season ending it’s also about getting a new contract or getting traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad