Series Discussion CDF/WCSF: Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues (Stars eliminated)

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I told myself about two weeks ago that I was happy and satisfied with the Stars season. Not anymore. I’ve never wanted to beat a team or city more than these clowns. Proud of the guys, but give me one more win.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes, emotions running pretty high, esp. With blues fans in these boards. We are now fully invested in the Stars advancing.

Will be only 2 consolation if they dont

1. Keep the 1st round draft pick (minor)

2. No false sense of security that Stars are competitive without offseasons Improvement. (Major)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean the defense was allways going to need upgrades from #4 to #6 even if the team randomly wins the cup . Fourth line was also a major weak spot but that can probably be fixed internally.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Due in no small part to his contributions we are one game away from being in the final four. **** first round picks and magic beans, give me playoff wins every day. What percentage of late first round picks will turn out to give you ~3.3 years of Zuke level play? (Small)
Who says the 2020 first that we give up for him will be late?
Benn already sucks, radulov is going to start declining soon. Bishop too.
You're gambling a unprotected first for about 2-3yrs of good production for Zucc. And if Bishop and khudobin had gotten injured this year for an extended period of time we'd be closer to a lotto pick than wcf birth this season. But yes we should gamble away a potential lotto pick in what is supposed to be a very deep draft for a 32yr old because he had a strong 14-15 games

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Some people, like the guy above, obviously don't know much about Mats Zuccarello.

Perhaps Shapiro's article today will help you understand.
Also in that comment Zucc basically makes it clear where he wants to stay.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Some people, like the guy above, obviously don't know much about Mats Zuccarello.

Did you even read that article?

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014

And this has what do with an unprotected 1st round pick in a deep draft for a player that'll be 32 before opening puck drop next season?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And this has what do with an unprotected 1st round pick in a deep draft for a player that'll be 32 before opening puck drop next season?
Some kid drafted mid-late 2020 won't offer any help to the team until after Radulov and Bishop are no longer Stars and after Benn has declined past the point of being any good.

I want wins now.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Some kid drafted mid-late 2020 won't offer any help to the team until after Radulov and Bishop are no longer Stars and after Benn has declined past the point of being any good.

I want wins now.
Why is there this assumption it'll be mid to late?
This team was 1 long term injury away from a Lotto ticket this year, suddenly we're going to be contenders year in and out?
This year has been a big fluke for the western conference. it is an anomaly and by sheer luck of injuries and Randy Carlyle that we even made the playoffs.
It literally took Vezina quality goal-tending to even lock up a wild card spot, and we have no difference makers incoming(prospect wise). Sure maybe Nill adds talent in FA, something he's done once with Radulov, but more likely that not we're looking at roughly the same roster +/- a Zuccarello. I'm glad everyone is buying into this PO high, but people seem to think the holes this team has just magically disappeared.

We've picked late once in Nill's tenure, literally once. all those mid picks as people like to chalk them up to (#10-14) would actually be difference makers if our scouting department (and McDonnell) had a f***ing clue (or even went with consensus picks).
Literally could have had
Larkin, Barzal, or Connor or even Debrusk,
It took them all 1-2yrs to jump to the NHL as difference makers.
and 2020 is supposed to be really deep.
So 1-2yrs(from 2020). Bishop is still here, Radulov maybe on his last year. Benn is already garbage most days so we're already in that one
But yeah they won't help until long after.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Ugh why do I feel so sh***y about this game ? I just don’t see them winning especially if we get the same refs .

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I feel bad because the only 2 Stars game 7 wins came in 99 and 2000, with a super talented and mentally tough team.

Does this team have what it takes?

They are the most suited group of guys since the '08 squad. They at least overcame bunch of tough situations and have held on with late game (defensive) heroics

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hope Hanley will be healthy enough to play today. Gives the third pairing the best shot to not suck. Well outside of Oleksiak playing but he didn't travel with the team so that ain't happening.

What the f*** happened to Oleksiak in Game 6 against the Preds that he hasn't seen any action in this series ?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Hopefully Hintz is ok and wearing a boot because it’s sore/bruised and L ‘Esperance is traveling to St. Louis to keep them guessing. That’s my guess.

I don’t think at this point the Stars would put L ‘Esperance in over Dowling but who knows.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Ok seriously this is litterally the worst timeline now for Game 7

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Only slightly positive is Ritchie is likely / hopefully just placeholder since there is no reason to put him in over Pitlick or Val.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
Bishop is 2-0 in game 7 and has more points (2) than goals against (0)... I know where i´m betting my money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad