GDT: CDF Game 3 • 5/5/2015 • Wild vs Hawks • 7PM CT, 3AM FIN • NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If Edmonton hadn't just hired a successful GM I'd say package Koivu, Pommer, Vanek, to give them the veteran help they need and try to get McJesus, but they're not THAT dumb anymore.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Fletcher ain't going nowhere. Book it.

Look, we all know that, just like we all know Yeo is going to be back next year, we all know we'll collapse around December, and we all know we'll lose in the first two rounds next year when we run into a half-decent team and have no ****ing clue how to solve them despite wildly outshooting them.

But at some point we just wish something would change. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing and expecting a different result. Yeo just keeps trying the same things against the Hawks and then acting shocked when it doesn't change anything. And Fletcher has stuck his neck out for Yeo so many times that something has to change.

We can either recognize our window and make a change, like LA did in 2012, or we can stay stubbornly committed to "our guy."

Like the Twins did with Gardenhire.

Billy Mays Here*

I don't want to see these guys ever wearing a wild sweater ever again especially Vanek, Pominville, Koivu, Brodziak, Vanek and Cooke.

I'm honestly going to lose some incentive to support this team next year if our top centers and overall roster are still the same. I love hockey and I've been a Wild fan since the 04 lockout but man. . . . it's hard to cheer for something sometimes when you already know for a fact that it's just not going to be enough in the end.

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
lol at all of the firing yeo stuff. Is he a great coach no, but he is far from the reason we are losing the series.

the players as everyone has listed is the reason we are losing

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
If Edmonton hadn't just hired a successful GM I'd say package Koivu, Pommer, Vanek, to give them the veteran help they need and try to get McJesus, but they're not THAT dumb anymore.

Important reminder for everyone's sanity: Koivu has a no-trade clause.

Billy Mays Here*

Important reminder for everyone's sanity: Koivu has a no-trade clause.

*Sees that Koivu is still signed for three more years and actually makes over 9 million in the last year of his contract*

*Laughs hysterically then dies a little on the inside*

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I say for game 4, flip the forwards and defensemen. At least it would be entertaining. They can't be anymore confused than they are now. And put a dog in net....a golden retriever.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Yeo did not change any line in this series. Hello it's not working! For this reason he should be fired. He cannot motivate his players to play.

Billy Mays Here*

Does Pominville or Vanek have no-trade clause?

Pretty sure they both have at a minimum a partial NTC. Why? Because **** you Wild fans that's why. We're gonna make you sit through our **** performances.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
It's kinda funny, since they played a good game after the first. If they bury their prime ass chances (Cooke, Pommer, and Granlund) it's 3-1 at least. That's the difference between us and them...they thrive on prime chances while we shudder at them once we have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad