GDT: CDF Game 3 • 5/5/2015 • Wild vs Hawks • 7PM CT, 3AM FIN • NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Then fire Yeo, get a veteran coach who can get this guys to play. It's ****ing depressing. Something has to be done!!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Parise is worth the contract, Suter just proved he's not. I'm sorry. We can get serious talent for all these guys via trade before they get over the hill. Makes way more sense to get something for them now because we won't beat the Hawks or blues ever again with this lineup. Probably would have been destroyed by Anaheim anyways. **** this ****ing team. We will become the Sharks if major changes don't occur this offseason.
No, not with this lineup. But Parise and Suter are key pieces. You shed guys like Koivu first and get a new coach who knows how use his players the right way before you part with Parise and Suter.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Do people here honestly think Suter played a bad game?

Like, the Blackhawks star players didn't put up much of a threat at all today. They got one goal on a terrible rookie mistake on the PK by Dumba. IMO the ability to match Suter up against their top talent is the only reason it was even a close game.

That said, he 100% does not deserve as much power play time as he's been given--maybe none at all, even--but there is more to being a defenseman than taking clap-bombs from the point. And the fact that Yeo apparently has no confidence in his young talent on the PP (but will trot them out to get exposed on the PK...) is absolutely not Suter's fault.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
No, not with this lineup. But Parise and Suter are key pieces. You shed guys like Kiva first and get a new coach who knows how use his players the right way before you part with Parise and Suter.

Leipold will do something, I have a feeling.

Billy Mays Here*

Parise - ? - ?
Zucker - Granlund - Pominville (gotta keep at lease one highly paid RW)
Nino - ? - Coyle
? - ? - Fontaine

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - ?
Scandella - Spurgeon

Dubnyk
Kuemper

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Leipold will do something, I have a feeling.
Hope so, because Fletcher seems hooked on Yeo. I want a coach with experience to see what he can do with this club. You have to do that before moving a guy like Suter. I don't know how anyone would keep him on the PP all year. Only Yeo.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We pass, and we pass, and we pass around the perimeter. Oh, what a terrific cycle game we have.

And why does Suter even move up in the play? He can't shoot.

It's unintentionally hilarious that the PP revolves around feeding him at the point, when it's obvious he is no threat to shoot. He's worse than Ricky Rubio. The Hawks PK look at the Wild PP umbrella personnel and see Suter, Koivu, and Pominville, " threatening" them with their scarey shots, while Vanek creates "Havoc" in front. I'm sure Seabrook is shaking in his boots. All the Hawks have to do is maul Parise and they're OK.

I was going to blame Dubnyk for that weak goal, but the Wild's futility let him off the hook.

Wild are certainly going out with a whimper. This pass first mentality is killing this team.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I would rather see 6 years of 2nd round exists than a ****ing rebuild. No reason to blow this team but some players and coaches need to change.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Then fire Yeo, get a veteran coach who can get this guys to play. It's ****ing depressing. Something has to be done!!

There are going to be loads of veteran coaches on the market this summer, too. Hitchcock, Babcock, McLellan, Julien, possibly even Tippett. It's a damn shame that we all know Fletcher isn't going to do anything.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
How can you allow your team to disappear in the second round of the playoffs. You should be fired.

Babcock pleaseeeeee. Bring us a winner coach.

Well Yeo is Fletcher's guy. Leipold has to be getting mad, maybe he cans both.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
At least we made it to round 2. I mean yeah this series has sucked but idk about firing yeo. Who else is better and available? Both coaching and the players are to blame

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
There are going to be loads of veteran coaches on the market this summer, too. Hitchcock, Babcock, McLellan, Julien, possibly even Tippett. It's a damn shame that we all know Fletcher isn't going to do anything.
Excellent point. This is the year to go after a good coach.....except Hitchcock. Stay away from him! Babs would be awesome!

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
We pass, and we pass, and we pass around the perimeter. Oh, what a terrific cycle game we have.

And why does Suter even move up in the play? He can't shoot.

It's unintentionally hilarious that the PP revolves around feeding him at the point, when it's obvious he is no threat to shoot. He's worse than Ricky Rubio. The Hawks PK look at the Wild PP umbrella personnel and see Suter, Koivu, and Pominville, " threatening" them with their scarey shots, while Vanek creates "Havoc" in front. I'm sure Seabrook is shaking in his boots. All the Hawks have to do is maul Parise and they're OK.

I was going to blame Dubnyk for that weak goal, but the Wild's futility let him off the hook.

Wild are certainly going out with a whimper. This pass first mentality is killing this team.

Yeah it was one goal game and that goal was just brutal on Dubnyk but the team was so pathetic that i'm not even mad at him. Although management should know better than overpay for him now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I still think Suter is a tremendous asset to this team. I just think the coaching staff keeps putting him out there in situations he's not at all suited to.

Yup, he was our best player in the first half of the year. Yeo is playing him much more than he ever played in NSH, and the minutes have taken their toll.

ghjkfdhgfd

Jan 8, 2011
MN
this just stunk, team sucks. doobie has be figured out.

the hawks are just better then the wild in every way possibly.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Hope so, because Fletcher seems hooked on Yeo. I want a coach with experience to see what he can do with this club. You have to do that before moving a guy like Suter. I don't know how anyone would keep him on the PP all year. Only Yeo.

No complaints here. Quit hiring ****ing rookie coaches, same **** different day.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If Babcock is somehow available I say get him on the phone and tell him he's got the job if he wants it pending this series being lost.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Excellent point. This is the year to go after a good coach.....except Hitchcock. Stay away from him! Babs would be awesome!

McLellan is certainly interesting but it's not like he has good record on playoffs either.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Hell....I'd even take Tippet at this point. But I'd run naked through the streets if we could get Babcock.

And note, I felt this way BEFORE this series started. Even with the turnaround, I still don't like him as the top dog. This series just magnifies it much more.

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
Wild will never win anything meaningful with the following players on the roster:

Vanek
Koivu
Stewart
Haula
Pominville
Cooke
Leopold
Bergenheim
Brodziak

I don't want to see these guys ever wearing a wild sweater ever again especially Vanek, Pominville, Koivu, Brodziak, Vanek and Cooke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad