CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

AliensPlayHockey

Jan 13, 2014
One of my favorites, hard to beat the character and history in Pembroke though. I also think Armstrong would be great if it was ever filled.

Some of the House League finals last weekend had Armstrong full, and when the Minor Rangers get into the last rounds it gets pretty packed in there too depending on who they're up against. Quite the atmosphere, and some loud.

I'm cheering for Ottawa, but either team would give CP a challenge in the final, which will no doubt will be a great series in itself. Should be a thriller tonight.

RonBurgandy13

Apr 1, 2014
Congrats to the Smith Falls Bears on making it to the finals. Great to see Karson McCartney come up with some big assists. I think he is one of the most underrated players in the league. You'd be hard pressed to find a kid with more grit and heart on any team. Great kid too.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Congrats to the Smith Falls Bears on making it to the finals. Great to see Karson McCartney come up with some big assists. I think he is one of the most underrated players in the league. You'd be hard pressed to find a kid with more grit and heart on any team. Great kid too.

Hope it's a good final.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Hope it's a good final.

It will be ... wait for it ... wait for it ... L-E-G-A-N-D-A-R-Y.

The Lanark series will be very exciting.

It is only fitting that the # 1 and # 2 teams duke it out.

The teams are evenly matched. Perhaps home ice advantage will favour CPC.

CPC or SMF as the Bogart champions, the CCHL will be represented at the Fred Page Cup.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
One of my favorites, hard to beat the character and history in Pembroke though. I also think Armstrong would be great if it was ever filled.

I really hope Armstrong does get filled at some point soon - would think that the Rangers will have to make a run for it to happen.

From my own experience that rink is LOUD already, with the big arched wooden roof sound bounces everywhere. Would be a deafening atmosphere to play in if full, tough for the opposition.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Have heard rumour that people were turned away the last CP game at home. Does anyone know if there is advance ticket sales, and where to get them.

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
Have heard rumour that people were turned away the last CP game at home. Does anyone know if there is advance ticket sales, and where to get them.

Ya they had to turn away people because of the max cap on the building. They usually post on twitter when they will be selling tickets. For game seven they sold them Saturday night then started selling them at 12 on Sunday. If you are smart you will be at the rink at 12 just to get a seat. I showed up at 2 for the last game, which was at 3, and the rink was packed before warmups. There was a girls practice before and they had a full crowd to watch them.

newfan

Jun 6, 2009

^^^agreed.....has he had any interest from any schools post cchl?

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
Pembroke Vs CP series was one of the best I have seen in a long time. Kings had CP on the ropes a few times but CP came back swinging every time. As a Kings fan I am disappointed to see them lose, but as a hockey fan it was great hockey. Both teams really put on a show!

Next rd prediction.
CPC in 6.

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
CP 6-0 in regular season against SF ( 3-2ot,3-1,5-3,5-4,3-2 & 5-2)
All games close, so if either one blinks, the other could exploit on that. If CP flexs their muscles, and stays the course , should win series. If not....?

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Ian Henderson ‏@Hawks_JrA_GM Apr 12

Hawks trade Faucher, Car, Cranford and picks to Ottawa for Racine, Crete, Rheaume and player to be named later. Welcome aboard boys!

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Peter Goulet

Is it just a coincidence that you ask about Peter Goulet.

His name has been mentioned in this new league that Tim Clayden is starting up called the Canadian International Hockey League. CIHL

It resembles a lot like the GMHL in that it is a pay to play model accross the board with as much as 15 imports. Mr clayden doesn't like that Hockey Canada is reducing the number of imports in Tier II so his team has left the NOJHL and started their own league.

They are having recruitment camps all over the world and some interesting names are involved with this concept; Peter Goulet is one of them. Others involved are:

Marty Abrams-Wellington Dukes
Zane Neilly-NB Trappers
Mark Seidel-North American scouting
James Richmond-Aurora Tigers
John McDonald-Hamilton Redwings

http://worldhockeyprospects.com/

My opinion is that on one hand HC is trying to keep spots on teams to develop Canadian kids but at the expense of owners losing money and on the other hand we have groups who are trying to start leagues using the pay to play model to at least break even but at the expense of developing Cdn players.

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
More to come.....

New ownership in Ottawa making their mark....

OJS acquires Jim Pearson (F) from CPC (9 games) for a 3rd round 2015 pick and a 20 yr old card...

OJS trades (D) Zac Tierney to Cornwall for (D) Matt Cruickshank

OJS trades (D) Chad Millett to Kanata

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Is it just a coincidence that you ask about Peter Goulet.

His name has been mentioned in this new league that Tim Clayden is starting up called the Canadian International Hockey League. CIHL

It resembles a lot like the GMHL in that it is a pay to play model accross the board with as much as 15 imports. Mr clayden doesn't like that Hockey Canada is reducing the number of imports in Tier II so his team has left the NOJHL and started their own league.

They are having recruitment camps all over the world and some interesting names are involved with this concept; Peter Goulet is one of them. Others involved are:

Marty Abrams-Wellington Dukes
Zane Neilly-NB Trappers
Mark Seidel-North American scouting
James Richmond-Aurora Tigers
John McDonald-Hamilton Redwings

http://worldhockeyprospects.com/

My opinion is that on one hand HC is trying to keep spots on teams to develop Canadian kids but at the expense of owners losing money and on the other hand we have groups who are trying to start leagues using the pay to play model to at least break even but at the expense of developing Cdn players.

Zane Neilly former Saint John Seadog. Was just curious on Goulet Yarmouth Mariners big franchise in MHL searching for coach/gm big fanbase here.

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
CP up 2-0.
Have been at both games, nothing like the Kings/CP semis. What an epic series.
Not surprised CP is up after going thru a series like that.
CP looks very confident and in control with and without the puck.
Bears work hard but seem to be getting not much accomplished.
JC seems to like these games bunched up. Next three games in 4 days. He did this in Kings Series.
Will be interesting on how both teams come out tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad