CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Or a North (Highway 417)/South (Highway 401) divisions:

Wellington, Kingston, Brockville, Cornwall, Kemptville, Carleton Place, Smiths Falls

Rockland, Cumberland, Ottawa, Renfrew, Pembroke, Nepean, Hawkesbury

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Or a North (Highway 417)/South (Highway 401) divisions:

Wellington, Kingston, Brockville, Cornwall, Kemptville, Carleton Place, Smiths Falls

Rockland, Cumberland, Ottawa, Renfrew, Pembroke, Nepean, Hawkesbury

That could work too. I believe it would be beneficial to have 2 less teams in Ottawa and a team in Rockland and Renfrew. The addition of Kingston a storied franchise such as the Wellington Dukes would be amazing for the fans.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
That could work too. I believe it would be beneficial to have 2 less teams in Ottawa and a team in Rockland and Renfrew. The addition of Kingston a storied franchise such as the Wellington Dukes would be amazing for the fans.

Casselman works for the 417/401 set up as well.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
changes

I think we're going to see the Junior hockey landscape change in the very near future; either through teams moving and league realignments etc.

Here are some of the facts as I see them:

The GOJHL has made an application to OHA to become Junior A classifed.
The OJHL did some contraction a few years ago because the teams were watered down a bit. I believe they will do some more cutting back.
The CJHL is making a move to almost eliminate imports and too many Junior teams are losing money so the status quo is just not going to cut it.

Wellington and Kingston moving to the CC is most probable. And they are about the only 2 in the OJ that have a paying fan base.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
I think we're going to see the Junior hockey landscape change in the very near future; either through teams moving and league realignments etc.

Here are some of the facts as I see them:

The GOJHL has made an application to OHA to become Junior A classifed.
The OJHL did some contraction a few years ago because the teams were watered down a bit. I believe they will do some more cutting back.
The CJHL is making a move to almost eliminate imports and too many Junior teams are losing money so the status quo is just not going to cut it.

Wellington and Kingston moving to the CC is most probable. And they are about the only 2 in the OJ that have a paying fan base.

GOJHL has been turned down, now appealing to OHF. Apparently OHA has a deal with OJHL making them the only Jr A league in that district. IMO adding 27 new Jr A teams (all of GOJHL) is ridiculous, if they were smart they would have the top programs join the OJHL and the rest stay Jr B.

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
CCHL Entry Draft Tonight

League Camp is over, now the all of the teams have a chance to rebuild for the Future....Draft begins at 6PM at Earl Armstrong, but you can follow on Fasthockey.com or the CCHL Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCHL-Draft-2014/1446440822255846?ref=hl

Hawkesbury trades the #1 overall pick (and a 9th Round) yesterday to Cumberland for the #3 overall pick and a 3rd Round pick).

So who is Cumberland taking with the first pick??

Last edited:

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
After looking for 10 minutes I still can't find the 2014 protection list. I see some Twitter announcements but nothing easy to summarize. Anyone have the list ?

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
That's the one, thanks. Why is their a "round 3" ?

Previous Protects who sign as a 16 year in OHL result in supplementary protects.
Gloucester: Liam Murray
Pembroke: Ryan Orban

Teams also receive supplementary draft picks for players that sign as 16 year olds in OHL.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Previous Protects who sign as a 16 year in OHL result in supplementary protects.
Gloucester: Liam Murray
Pembroke: Ryan Orban

Teams also receive supplementary draft picks for players that sign as 16 year olds in OHL.

Great info, thanks !

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
League Camp is over, now the all of the teams have a chance to rebuild for the Future....Draft begins at 6PM at Earl Armstrong, but you can follow on Fasthockey.com or the CCHL Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCHL-Draft-2014/1446440822255846?ref=hl

Hawkesbury trades the #1 overall pick (and a 9th Round) yesterday to Cumberland for the #3 overall pick and a 3rd Round pick).

So who is Cumberland taking with the first pick??

Not familiar with the CCHL draft process. WHy is there both a 10 round draft and also Bantam Protected List?

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
Shady67

Not familiar with the CCHL draft process. WHy is there both a 10 round draft and also Bantam Protected List?

The CCHL conducts a “Bantam Protect" draft, Each team gets to add two bantam players to their protected list for the future (If by chance the player signs with a Major Junior team, the League will award the team a compensatory pick the following year. This is why Pembroke and Gloucester had 3 Bantam Picks, everyone else had two.

There is also an Entry draft for players (15-18) who have not been previously drafted and are from teams within the Ottawa District Hockey Association (ODHA). These players range from those who were not drafted during the Bantam Protect draft to those players who were late bloomers maybe playing Midget AA or Jr B.

Grabbers

Jan 7, 2012
Ottawa, On.
CP at the Fred Page Cup: It appears the Canadians are doing just fine representing us in St. Jerome this week. With two wins in two games they only need a tie in game three to garner the bye into Sundays final. Good luck to them today, into the weekend, and all next week as well. ; )

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
CP at the Fred Page Cup: It appears the Canadians are doing just fine representing us in St. Jerome this week. With two wins in two games they only need a tie in game three to garner the bye into Sundays final. Good luck to them today, into the weekend, and all next week as well. ; )

CP wins 2-1 over Truro. Will play in the final on Sunday (2:00 PM).

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
Well someone said CP wouldn't have discipline to win our league yet the Fred. Well guess what? RBC next step. No matter what, well done JC!

BackDoorSauce

Nov 4, 2013
Looks like Todd Gill is coaching Brockville next year? Good for the league and the players for Brockville... if he comes back.

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
Congrats to the CP Canadians. First time CCHL Championship/First time Fred Page Cup Champion/???National Champion....going to be fun watching the CCHL be represented by this team.

I bet JC is feeling pretty good as a lot of nah say'ers out there.

Funny how the guys that took all the shots at CP for years have said nothing on this blog.
The reason why....they know nothing about hockey and don't respect the game.

Could have been my Kings at this tourney. CP had to beat the best to be the best. Good for them. Good Luck in RBC.

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
CCHL Players taken in USHL Draft

Some decisions to be made on where to play next season..

1. Andrew Sturtz - CPC - Drafted by Tri City Storm
2. Darren Smith - PLK - Drafted by Madison Capitols
3. Andrew Peski - Brockville - Drafted by Tri City Storm
4. Mark Petaccio - PLK - Drafted by Tri City Storm
5. Brett Magnus - Nepean - Drafted by Waterloo Blackhawks
6. Chris MacMillan - Smith Falls - Drafted by Youngstown Phantoms

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
USHL Draft

Some decisions to be made on where to play next season..

1. Andrew Sturtz - CPC - Drafted by Tri City Storm -Round 2, #31
2. Darren Smith - PLK - Drafted by Madison Capitols -Round 4, #72
3. Andrew Peski - Brockville - Drafted by Tri City Storm -Round 5, #76
4. Mark Petaccio - PLK - Drafted by Tri City Storm -Round 5, #86
5. Brett Magnus - Nepean - Drafted by Waterloo Blackhawks-Round 10, #167
6. Chris MacMillan - Smith Falls - Drafted by Youngstown Phantoms -Round 17, #265
Added the Round & Position the above players were selected to the previous posting by ECS Scout. Thanks.

In the Bears acquisition of D. Plouffe back in Jan. '14, who was returned to Kanata? The USHL draft link shows C MacMillan as being a Kanata Laser. The hometown is the same on the USHL draft link as on the SF Bears roster info.
http://ushl.rinknetcloud.com/draft41.htm

Some interesting selections. Selected 4th overall was Dan Del Paggio who was a finalist for the CJHL MVP. In the 6th round of the USHL Phase 1 draft, Victor Mete was selected. He was the 8th choice in the first round of the OHL & has stated he would not play in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad