CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
CPC Wins !!!

Congrats to CPC. They played a classic game tonight defeating the Daphin Kings 5-3. Good luck in the National Championship game on Sunday. Bring the cup home.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Ouch,That hurts up 3-1 with 3 minutes to go and lose in OT. Feel bad for the kids but they had a pretty good run this year....Congrats CP keep your chins up...:cheers::cheers::cheers:

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Ouch,That hurts up 3-1 with 3 minutes to go and lose in OT. Feel bad for the kids but they had a pretty good run this year....Congrats CP keep your chins up..

A fairy tale season ends in a nightmare !! It was a terrific season less 3 unexplained minutes. I also feel for the young men that played their hearts out. This was a very special team and they were so close to a National Championship. Jason is a top rated coach and recruiter, he will have other opportunities. I agree everyone should look at the positives and cheer the 2013-2014 edition of the Carleton Place Canadians. Job well done.

Last edited:

newfan

Jun 6, 2009
Great run for CP! Congrats!

I think they are poised to be very strong again next yr as well....are there many returning?

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Great run for CP! Congrats!

I think they are poised to be very strong again next yr as well....are there many returning?

Probably only 8-10 coming back but I'm sure Clarke already has some new players in mind. Main camp starts June 13th, so we'll know more then.

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
Probably only 8-10 coming back but I'm sure Clarke already has some new players in mind. Main camp starts June 13th, so we'll know more then.

Losing 9 players of this caliber will be tough to replace, sure two of their key players return (Sturtz & Baylis) but it will be hard to replace all of the talent they will lose, especially on the blue line.......

Gareau, Dylan - C
DAndrea, Brett - C
Summers, Kelly - D
Peterson, Evan - C
Roll, Jim - D
Edwards, Luke - LW
Smith, Larry - LD
Ghantous, Elias - RD
McVeigh, Anthony - C

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Losing 9 players of this caliber will be tough to replace, sure two of their key players return (Sturtz & Baylis) but it will be hard to replace all of the talent they will lose, especially on the blue line.......

Gareau, Dylan - C
DAndrea, Brett - C
Summers, Kelly - D
Peterson, Evan - C
Roll, Jim - D
Edwards, Luke - LW
Smith, Larry - LD
Ghantous, Elias - RD
McVeigh, Anthony - C

He does this every year, and never struggles to replace with equal or improved talent. How many TOP guys on that roster this year were first year CCHL players brought in from other leagues...

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013

Gareau, Dylan - C
DAndrea, Brett - C
Summers, Kelly - D
Peterson, Evan - C
Roll, Jim - D
Edwards, Luke - LW
Smith, Larry - LD
Ghantous, Elias - RD
McVeigh, Anthony - C

Do not be surprised if Sturtz leaves also to go to USHL.

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
Leapin' Lou lands

Hawkesbury adding to their Staff, first it was Dorval as Asst Coach, now it's Nistico as Asst GM.

The Hawkesbury Hawks have added former Kanata Stallion GM Lou Nistico to their staff today as Assistant GM.

Lou has been involved in Jr."A" hockey for over 15 years and brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and contacts to the team as the Hawks look to get back in the running for the Bogart Cup.

On top of his experience in Jr A management positions Lou himself had an impressive playing career. Lou was drafted in the 7 th round in the NHL to the Minnesota North Stars and in the 5th round of the WHA draft to the Toronto Toros.

He played 3 years in the OHL for the London Knights appearing in 170 games scoring 64 goals 105 assists for 169 points and had 410 PIMS. In 186 WHA games Lou scored 44 goals, 72 assists for 116 points and added 375 PIMs. Lou also dressed in 3 games in the NHL for the Colarado Rockies.

The Hawks are very excited to have Lou on board and keep watch for new player signings in the near future.

newfan

Jun 6, 2009

Gareau, Dylan - C
DAndrea, Brett - C
Summers, Kelly - D
Peterson, Evan - C
Roll, Jim - D
Edwards, Luke - LW
Smith, Larry - LD
Ghantous, Elias - RD
McVeigh, Anthony - C

looks the rebuild has begun....Brett Garvey has been obtained from Brockville as per the Canadians Twitter account.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Gill never coached him, it was Hawkins before last season.

Wasn't he still the owner though when Garvey was a 16 year old ?

Anyway, it was Gill who drafted him out of AA and saw the potential and brought him there as a 16 year old. He's got a deal with Clarkson for the 2015 season and I hope surprises people.

Jason Clarke is not often wrong when he picks these guys up....

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Wasn't he still the owner though when Garvey was a 16 year old ?

Anyway, it was Gill who drafted him out of AA and saw the potential and brought him there as a 16 year old. He's got a deal with Clarkson for the 2015 season and I hope surprises people.

Jason Clarke is not often wrong when he picks these guys up....

Gill is still the owner now and he was coaching Kingston when Garvey was a 16 year old. I think you are probably overestimating Gill's involvement in scouting.

Garvey was originally supposed to go this season to Clarkson, school pushed him to a later date.

JC does a good job but he is not perfect either.

Hopefully the kid does well in CP, time will tell.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Gill is still the owner now and he was coaching Kingston when Garvey was a 16 year old. I think you are probably overestimating Gill's involvement in scouting.

Garvey was originally supposed to go this season to Clarkson, school pushed him to a later date.

JC does a good job but he is not perfect either.

Hopefully the kid does well in CP, time will tell.

Thanks for the info....he also was/is on the NHL scouting list so somebody must see something.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=683040

Zola

Feb 8, 2008
Sad to see Garvs go, really nice guy in person, but incredibly frustrating on the ice. Flashes of brilliance but lots and lots of giveaways (hence the name Giveaway Garvey). New team may be just what he needs to reach his potential.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
Scouted him a couple times this season and I have to say Garvey is probably the best defenseman in the league when it comes to handling the puck. The only thing I noticed with him was that his minutes were very sheltered. Wasn't used to kill penalties but when he was I noticed that he had a hard time getting the puck out. If Jason Clarke can help improve Garvey's defensive side to the game then this is going to be a really good deal for Carleton Place. Unlikely he'll get drafted but there's always a chance! A real sleeper for the draft is Veronneau from Gloucester. I've talked to a few guys who really like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad