Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois and 2022 3rd round for Patrik Laine (26% retained) and Jack Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Weren't Winnipeg fans telling us Laine was a good two-way player and has been improving every year? Why do people think he wouldn't play for Torts? I thought the main concern for him was his usage.
Some perceptions are sticky and won't change. One good example is people talking about which player is dirty, even though said player might have cleaned up his act and played clean for years.

Reactions: heksagon

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Honestly think this makes Winnipeg, not Columbus, better.

I think in terms of who "won" the trade. Like value for value, Columbus got the better deal, but I think they emerge the better team out of this.

Of course it does. Center depth is king in today's NHL. How TF is Texier or Domi going to keep up with Hughes, Aho, Zibanejad, Couturier, Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Barzal?!?!?

Reactions: Futures Passed

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
It finally happened. I don't love this deal its nothing against Laine. CBJ now has terrible center depth and will likely expose them down the road. Jarmo got the best player he could, so its not on him..

I'm rather shocked at all the comments about how Winnipeg was fleeced though. I think they made out rather well, I'd rather have PLD. Premium position with size and intangibles.

People who are stat watchers are underrating PLD. He can be a dominant force on the ice when he wants to be. He'll never score 50 goals but he could become a ROR type player down the road who is a difference maker when it matters. Winnipeg is now equal to Toronto in terms of centre depth.

Laine is really flaky as a player. Runs hot and cold for long stretches and when he's not scoring he's a liability.

Roslovic is the wild card. If he can find his game in the NHL then it could be a win for Columbus. However in terms of PLD vs Laine I'd rather have PLD.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
This could look terrible for either team in a couple of years, but as of now, I think Columbus did well. We've seen Laine's potential, which hopefully hasn't been hurt much by injuries (he currently leads the league this season in PPG ;-) ) Seems to have the potential to be like the RyJo trade a few years back if PLD doesn't continue to take steps forward (which I think he will). Pressure is also off him as he's now the #2 center on the team, or at least 1a/1b. Hopefully it works out for both teams.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good Gracious. First Anderson for Domi. Now there sending the best 2 way center in the league (imop) to the Jets for a problem child in Laine. I dont get it unless its something internal that im missing. I was high on the Jackets Gm , But this is ridiculous.

Anderson for Domi was a great trade.

Paying Anderson 5.5/year for 7 years would have been very dumb.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
For everyone saying Jarmo needed to take what he can get and that PLD’s value was plummeting. Lol!

And Winnipeg retained salary as well. Incredible.

Reactions: Stubu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad