BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The only replacement is Gryz in for Shatty. Wonder if Shatty is banged up or if the change is a response to Toronto making a goalie change
Not to be rude but sometimes a dislike button would be great. People need to except that if Gryz is dressing for a playoff game . The Bruins D are in a very bad way. For me Gryz is the last option of the D we have

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Thank God

You feel that good about it, ehh?

Hate him all you want. Forbert has better overall defensive stats than either Shatty or Grzelcyk despite starting 70% of his shifts in his own end. Forbort is a player who can take hard minutes off of McAvoy and Lindholms shoulders. Gryz needs to be baby sat by McAvoy…unless he ends out on the bottom pair.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Exactly. I don’t think Monty’s really going to play Forbort game 5, but I hate even the idea of him being “an option.” He was awful against the Panthers and he was awful during the regular season pre-injury. I can’t imagine how bad he’d look many months removed from playing regularly.

Forbort should be this team’s very last option on D. Someone who’d only play if they’ve exhausted all other options, like in 2017 when they had Tommy f***ing Cross suiting up after that ridiculous string of injuries on defense
He was -1 entire 7 game series playing just under 16 mins per night so I think maybe you are adding your personal feelings here about him.It was not him game 5 that was mixed up with Ullmark in overtime.

Reactions: bob77

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Leafs will be desperate. Play our game and don’t fall for the scrum bullshit they will likely employ to draw penalties END IT TONIGHT!!
Leafs struggled all year with close games. Many times they have had to pull the goalie and dive for a penalty to get a 6 on 4 in the last 3 minutes this season. Tonight they will be fishing for penalties so the Bruins have to stay discipline. The 3 stooges Domi, Bert and Reaves will have their circus act going right from the start. The Leaf trainers had safety pins put on Mitch Marner's satin line gloves so he can't throw them behind the bench. Mathews had his 60s born star mustache waxed to a point and turned up on the end to make himself look more like a cartoon villain with a young maiden tied to the rail road tracks. Let's drop that puck and get it on. Sometimes I wish I had a horse tranquilizer to take so I can wake up when it's over. Hard on this old wrinkled brain.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Im a glutton for punishment.
I did the same as last year.
I went on draft kings to check the odds on the Leafs winning in 7.
Put $$ on it. So if we do blow this again, at least Im getting paid again. lol

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Some Leaf fans will get angry if Boston drags this out to game seven. The most chance of change as possible is if we loose tonight.

Heard of watertorture. It is very much like being a leaf fan. And as the Swedish saying "this is the dropplet that cause the beaker to overflow".

If we win the next few games we will not care. It is to late.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
I think Shatty may be injured or fatigued. He's played a lot in a short amount of time after being scratched for a number of games in a row
It's a thought, but with 2 games between tonight and last game I'd be surprised if it was fatigue.

Personally, I think Monty is very much over thinking this unless it comes out that Shatty does have an injury. Messing with 3 goals in 2 games on the road is certainly a decision.

Glad it looks like Swayman is starting.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I must be in the minority but I’d rather Forbort than Lohrei right now. Lohrei can move the puck like a top 4 dman but he needs to work on not turning the puck over in the defensive zone. He seems to struggle making that quick decision during a strong forecheck and it leads to turnovers/bad passes.
Normally I would agree with you, I, would prefer the experience back there, but Forbot has been out of action for quite some time, my apprehension with Loheri , is he is mistake prone, but to be honest the kid has played well and deserves to be in the lineup for now , not that it cannot change in the future

Reactions: bob77

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think Shatty may be injured or fatigued. He's played a lot in a short amount of time after being scratched for a number of games in a row
Not to be nitpicking but he just had 2 full days off .I am thinking if it's not an injury it's risky because he runs 2nd pp unit.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
For D play, I always look at the minuses at Even strength, not the PLUS/MINUS. here's your D minus chart after 4 games. There's one guy not on it that has played. Hmmm? Wonder who that might be?

game 1 12
game 1 52
game 2 25
game 2 27
game 2 27
game 2 73
game 3 12
game 3 29
game 3 27
game 3 73
game 4 06
game 4 12

I see two people with 3 minuses.
I see one person with two minuses.
I see four people with one minus.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
No more p***y footing around, Bruins will win tonight and send the Laffs packing. The 1 time I didn’t wear my filthy Salty Dog Saloon hoodie the Bruins lost, the other 3 I wore it and they won all 3 games. Yes, as filthy as that thing is I’m wearing it and when the B’s win tonight I can finally wash that thing.

Just fk’n win!! Let’s gooooooo Bruins!!!

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
You feel that good about it, ehh?

Hate him all you want. Forbert has better overall defensive stats than either Shatty or Grzelcyk despite starting 70% of his shifts in his own end. Forbort is a player who can take hard minutes off of McAvoy and Lindholms shoulders. Gryz needs to be baby sat by McAvoy…unless he ends out on the bottom pair.
Yes. 100% fine with it and feel much better.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Normally I would agree with you, I, would prefer the experience back there, but Forbot has been out of action for quite some time, my apprehension with Loheri , is he is mistake prone, but to be honest the kid has played well and deserves to be in the lineup for now , not that it cannot change in the future
When we get to Florida, it will be a whole different animal that Lohrei will have to deal with as far as turnovers and a much more down low forecheck that is very organized, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad