Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois and 2022 3rd round for Patrik Laine (26% retained) and Jack Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
It finally happened. I don't love this deal its nothing against Laine. CBJ now has terrible center depth and will likely expose them down the road. Jarmo got the best player he could, so its not on him..

I'm rather shocked at all the comments about how Winnipeg was fleeced though. I think they made out rather well, I'd rather have PLD. Premium position with size and intangibles.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Bold prediction: Laine will power struggle Torts out at the end of the season. Dubois will be content for a while but won't stay longterm because of the toxicity of the Jets locker room and the fact that he wont get the jump on Scheifele to be the #1C

I think both teams walk away weaker with this trade anyway

What's that about? Never heard of that mentioned before

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I find both Dubois and Laine to be overrated (Excessively so)

I like this deal for Jackets a little more because I think they gain depth adding Roslovic while not losing much swapping out Laine/Dubois

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I have zero doubt that PLD will be better for the Jets than Laine was. In the long term, I think Columbus got worse, especially when it's unlikely Laine will resign.
They're used to trading for players that don't resign. They'll get over it.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Leaf fans hate of Laine is so funny. Columbus won this trade, no contest. PLD is going to montreal and Barkov is going to be CBJ in summer 2022 with Laine. Winnipeg did not learn eanything from Selanne trade. Housley to Selanne, Werenski to Laine ❤️

I feel the same. It`s a shame some ppl can throw this crap in any thread about Laine and if you name what fanbase it is that all the time do this you get infractions...

Reactions: D Wakaluk

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
how does dubois have this much value? he's hit 60 once and laine has consistently been in the 30 to 40 goal range. Not to mention roslovic is easily a 3c right now and who knows could even become a 2c.
The rest of the hockey world has a very high opinion of Roslo. He was given every chance to succeed in Winnipeg. He couldn't cut it playing with very good players for long stretches in Winnipeg. What makes people think he will do better with lesser talent around him all the sudden?

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Well, at least he didn't go to the Habs. The media would have torn him apart after every bad play and hyped him up like crazy.

Columbus got a good return all things considered. Obviously better to have a center but at least they didn't move him for picks and prospects.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Getting a better C than Domi/Texier should have been easy as neither are very good C's.
Problem is the Jackets thought they were going to hit a home run in acquiring an equivalent C. The rest of the board know it was never going to happen so they took the next best thing....Laine.

Was any C better than those 2 being offered in here? I certainly never saw one. I would assume no better C was offered in reality either.

Laine and Roslovic was a huge get for them.

Both teams did well consider the situation.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Weren't Winnipeg fans telling us Laine was a good two-way player and has been improving every year? Why do people think he wouldn't play for Torts? I thought the main concern for him was his usage.

That's correct. And watching Kekalainen tell the press they have a PP weapon now suggests his usage will be fine. Might even see him out there for full PP's like Ovechkin which was missing from Maurices toolbox.

No worries about Laine's two way game. He needs to be in an offensive role that utilizes his skills and good things will happen. Kekalainen knows what he got.

Reactions: Opado

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Leaf fans hate of Laine is so funny. Columbus won this trade, no contest. PLD is going to montreal and Barkov is going to be CBJ in summer 2022 with Laine. Winnipeg did not learn eanything from Selanne trade. Housley to Selanne, Werenski to Laine ❤️
Barkov should honestly sign with Columbus. Columbus is a good team that lacked goal scorers.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Don't discount the possibility of Columbus trading Laine for a center, essentially replacing PLD with a different C in a roundabout way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad