Confirmed with Link: CBJ trade Gavrikov and Korpisalo to LA for ‘23 1st (conditional), ‘24 3rd And Quick

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
And they literally fired the last coach for trying to hold the players accountable regarding defensive play and work ethic, along with a “defense first” mindset/strategy for the team, that the majority of players and fans seemingly felt was the wrong way to coach a winning hockey team.

Interesting spin on things :)

Reactions: LJ7

614 CBJ

Jul 12, 2022
Raleigh, NC
I am especially happy for Korpi

If I have any issues with Torts it is he rode Bob too hard and kinda shit on Korpi

then Jarmo gives Elvis a contract

there's no one I want to see have a long playoff run more than Korpi,

even though it hurts our first round draft value Jarmo is going to trade

Reactions: Doggy and thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yeah considering Torts wasnt fired.

Who knows what all went on behind the scenes, and what was and wasn’t said about the “direction” or the roster/organization. I guess “fired” isn’t the correct way to put it, but, he was pretty clearly “pushed” or “pressured” out in different ways.

People around here still act as if he retired from coaching completely, which was pretty much the popular expressed narrative at the time, along with the BOGUS idea that the game has moved past him or whatever.

He didn’t get tired and couldn’t coach in the NHL anymore, he got tired and couldn’t coach the Columbus Blue Jackets. WHY that is, is something that isn’t looked at nearly enough by the fans of the CBJ….

My ideas of WHY, are the reason why I don’t think Larsen should be blamed or looked at as the reason why this team is 1 of the worst teams in the NHL the last couple/few years.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Who knows what all went on behind the scenes, and what was and wasn’t said about the “direction” or the roster/organization. I guess “fired” isn’t the correct way to put it, but, he was pretty clearly “pushed” or “pressured” out in different ways.

People around here still act as if he retired from coaching completely, which was pretty much the popular expressed narrative at the time, along with the BOGUS idea that the game has moved past him or whatever.

He didn’t get tired and couldn’t coach in the NHL anymore, he got tired and couldn’t coach the Columbus Blue Jackets. WHY that is, is something that isn’t looked at nearly enough by the fans of the CBJ….

My ideas of WHY, are the reason why I don’t think Larsen should be blamed or looked at as the reason why this team is 1 of the worst teams in the NHL the last couple/few years.
They basically begged him to come back that last year well some of the players anyway. The team basically said finish your contract if you want to get paid. Torts wanted the seperation more than the organization. Although in the end both parties likely understood it was time to move on.
I also think Torts mailed in that last year and did not handle it gracefully at all

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Dude, he went to THEM and said he wanted to move on. Twice actually.

Did the CBJ have interest in retaining him after the COVID year? No, I don't think so.

But did he initiate the leaving process? Yes. Undoubtably.

614 CBJ

Jul 12, 2022
Raleigh, NC
LA has rotated goalies since Korpi arrived

If that pattern continues, Korpi plays Tuesday and Copley goes against the Jackets Thursday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad