Confirmed with Link: CBJ trade Gavrikov and Korpisalo to LA for ‘23 1st (conditional), ‘24 3rd And Quick

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Probably it's better then to Boston. Kings maybe even won't play in PO. And if yes I doubt they can play in the second round.

Reactions: BB88

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Wondering if you guys would be willing to give me Mateychuk and that LA pick for Chychrun? I know it’s a lot to ask but we’ve been waiting awhile…

:)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Wondering if you guys would be willing to give me Mateychuk and that LA pick for Chychrun? I know it’s a lot to ask but we’ve been waiting awhile…

:)
We told you many times, Mateychuk is not available, but Ceulemans is

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Feel like we missed the boat on this. I guess not a bad recovery given the musical chairs game started earlier this year than normal. But I think if you said a week ago that Gavrikov and Korpi together would only fetch a first (particularly when the other side also added a cap dump), it’d be a bit underwhelming. I think Jarmo would’ve moved Gavrikov earlier, in hindsight.

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Good trade. Now you that 1st to make a move for some roster player who can help next year

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Fyi, Quick’s salary is only $2.5M this year. And given there’s only 25% left in the season, that’s not a huge chunk of change, pro rated. So if he chooses not to report, great. But if he does, it’s not that bad either. And maybe Elvis could learn a bit from him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Feel like we missed the boat on this. I guess not a bad recovery given the musical chairs game started earlier this year than normal. But I think if you said a week ago that Gavrikov and Korpi together would only fetch a first (particularly when the other side also added a cap dump), it’d be a bit underwhelming. I think Jarmo would’ve moved Gavrikov earlier, in hindsight.
Considering the market, getting a first is a pretty big win. The kings were literally the last team left standing with a D need and interested in Gavrikov (that we knew). The fact they needed a goalie probably helps this deal quite a bit.

And plus I’m not sure the whole trade is known yet

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
My guess is that the Jackets don't give a rat's ass if Quick ever plays a game here. They know he's at the end of his contract, so that's less salary tied up in the GK position next year/moving forward.

Gavrikov moving to LA gets us the first round pick. Fine.

What I don't get is what LA is thinking. I haven't seen too much of them this season, but they're squarely in the picture for the playoffs. Are they assuming that Quick isn't the goaltender to make another Cup run, so they're trying to get competent goaltending that's still under contract? That seems like waving a white flag to build for the future, and I didn't realize they were at that point yet.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Yes Quick is bad now but any chance any playoff teams want him as an insurance goalie? Can Jarmo get a 7th round pick for him or some sort of conditional pick? And if the conditions don't reach, oh well, no big deal.

Reactions: LJ7

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Now the only question is, does that pick get sent somewhere before the TDL or after. We all know when it should likely happen. But if Jarmo doesn't think someone of Chychruns caliber will be available this offseason he might make the move now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Now the only question is, does that pick get sent somewhere before the TDL or after. We all know when it should likely happen. But if Jarmo doesn't think someone of Chychruns caliber will be available this offseason he might make the move now.
What's better than one disgruntled new player who doesn't want to be here?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00