Confirmed with Link: [CBJ -->TOR] TOR Claim G Curtis McElhinney

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
That was more like it: a backup with experience who plays a game similar to the starter.

Actually, I made that remark in the GDT, that he looked a lot like Andersen, looks like we got 1A and 1B Goal Tending tandem.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Actually, I made that remark in the GDT, that he looked a lot like Andersen, looks like we got 1A and 1B Goal Tending tandem.

nothing 1a/1b about this- mchinelly was brought in as a back up, who i expect gets 10-12 starts the rest of the way.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Nobody cares about Clarke MacArthur that much.

CMac is for Curtis McElhinney.

The End.

No, how about Hiney? Or even Courteous Hiney? I expect he has been called worse. Solid start and what I had been hoping for. To expect him to be any closer to Bobrovski is unreasonable. That is what a veteran guy playing with some confidence looks like. If he keeps it up he could even be back next year which would be one less headache for all. He has had good small samples before on teams that weren't great. Don't want to jinx it but "go Hiney!" Please do it twice in a row.

Silent Knight

45 RULES
Nov 6, 2010
Cypress Creek
There isn't even an A in McElhinney...
OK, seriously let's end this now. :laugh:

Source: http://www.scottishhistory.com/articles/misc/macvsmc.html

They are both EXACTLY the same word, the Mc is actually the abbreviated form of Mac (and sometimes meic) and was usually written M'c (sometimes even M') with the apostrophe indicating that the name has been abbreviated (there are many other characters indicating abbreviation including two dots under the c).

There is however one distinction you can make as far as differentiating between a name being Scottish or Irish. If it is an O' name it is always Irish (those in Scotland are mostly nineteenth century emigrations), but if it is a mac, mc or other variation it can be both Scottish or Irish!

He is CMac. :yo:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Played well enough, great debut.

Found it odd while watching but there is something about him that doesn't inspire confidence, not sure what it is.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Played well enough, great debut.

Found it odd while watching but there is something about him that doesn't inspire confidence, not sure what it is.

There were times where he was kind of swimming around and it looked like he was a bit lucky at times. But that's how I felt with Bibeau except it was even more magnified with him.

As long as McElhinney is capable of playing ~10 games and can win 5 I'll be happy.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
631637936.0.jpg

Curtis McElhinney
Goalie -- shoots L
Born May 23 1983 -- *London, ONT
33 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 205

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Columbus Blue Jackets - NHL
32 Games... 12 Wins.. 14 Losses... 2 Ties...
.914 SV % ... 2.88 GAA..
----------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 - Columbus Blue Jackets - NHL
18 Games... 2 Wins.. 7 Losses... 3 Ties...
.890 SV % ... 3.30 GAA..
*2016-17 - Columbus Blue Jackets - NHL
7 Games... 2 Wins.. 1 Loss... 2 Ties...
.924 SV % ... 2.39 GAA..
*2016-17 - Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL
1 Game... 1 Win.. 0 Losses... 0 Ties...
.946 SV % ... 2.00 GAA...

The Other Side Of The Pine: Curtis McElhinney Extended 2014-2017 Highlights - TML (HD)

*a.k.a.: "The McBack-Up Montage" :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad