Confirmed with Link: [CBJ -->TOR] TOR Claim G Curtis McElhinney

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Well we could start a whole thread on the woes of romanuk yuk yuk :laugh:

I think Romanuk is to be congratulated for not playing into the stupid superstition of not talking about a shutout. And I seriously hope that no one here actually believes that nonsense.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Had a great game.

Can't understand people calling gim CMac. We had and the league still has a CMac.. His name is Mc and not Mac so I don't get it.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
No it doesn't do that at all.

This move just means more playing time in the AHL for Beib's...a great locker room presence veteran for the kids and a back up that's large and reliable.

It doesn't mean anything other than that.

i disagree- if it was soley about player development, they would have kept enroth and kept bibeau in the ahl. the goal is both, develop the players while also push the playoffs, lou/mike clearly thought a) enroth wasnt cutting it and b) bibeau is better off getting lots of games in the ahl vs 1 start every 3 weeks in the nhl.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Had a great game.

Can't understand people calling gim CMac. We had and the league still has a CMac.. His name is Mc and not Mac so I don't get it.

the name that has 'mc' in it is usually called mac (for short) in most cases. for example, mcmaster university, everyone refers to it as mac.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Never really watched him before intently but he was good tonight.

Think at worst it is an upgrade on any other option we currently have.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
the name that has 'mc' in it is usually called mac (for short) in most cases. for example, mcmaster university, everyone refers to it as mac.

And of course another famous Mac as in Big Mac, you know, from that joint called McDonalds, or is it spelled MacDonalds - I don't even know, haven't been to one for a couple of years.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Regardless CMac belongs to Clarke MacArthur so stop being lazy! You can't steal the guys nickname, you can't do that!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think Romanuk is to be congratulated for not playing into the stupid superstition of not talking about a shutout. And I seriously hope that no one here actually believes that nonsense.
Tradition is hard to shake off.

That said do you think Romanuk is a good commentator?

I mean he did call a couple nice plays from Nieuwendyk a few games back.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Tradition is hard to shake off.

That said do you think Romanuk is a good commentator?

I mean he did call a couple nice plays from Nieuwendyk a few games back.

I see no reason why that tradition shouldn't stand. It's just a fun superstition.

Also, watching the Habs and Rangers highlights makes me miss Bob Cole so badly...

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I see no reason why that tradition shouldn't stand. It's just a fun superstition.

Also, watching the Habs and Rangers highlights makes me miss Bob Cole so badly...
Bob is so animated and passionate! He makes you want to cheer for the team.

As for the shutout tradition I'm all for it. It is fun.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
McBackup looked pretty solid.

Couple shaky moments, but solid none-the-less

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
McBackup looked pretty solid.

Couple shaky moments, but solid none-the-less

I was so happy to see such a solid performance.. and I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but he had played Friday night, too...
So, the entire team played a double-header... and won... :)

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I thouhgt he looked more confident in net than any other guy we had this year. Good game, that's all we need from him, give Andy a break and try to play .500

Yup for sure
There is something to be said for bigger goalies. Babcock has it right there I think

This team is for real

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That "Oh Baby" used to drive me nuts though... like nails on a blackboard...

What about that noise he made when a player almost loses the puck in a dangerous spot?
I don't even know how to type it haha

Yaghyaghyaghyaghyagh?

Still would take him over Romanuk 10 out of 10 times.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
What about that noise he made when a player almost loses the puck in a dangerous spot?
I don't even know how to type it haha

Yaghyaghyaghyaghyagh?

Still would take him over Romanuk 10 out of 10 times.

Oh ya - if that's the only choices - happily listen to Oh Baby Cole over nuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad