Confirmed with Link: [CBJ -->TOR] TOR Claim G Curtis McElhinney

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Didn't see that coming at all. Really thought they'd just run with Bibeau as backup.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Didn't see that coming at all. Really thought they'd just run with Bibeau as backup.

Nah, it shows they are going for the PO though for sure. Tells you will be getting a D almost certainly.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
McElhinney has been statistically one of the better backups thus far this season.

CBJ had quite a few goalie options, so more of a numbers game.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
There you go .. A proper back up and the Beebs can go back to the AHL for regular time.

Methinks Ramo's tryout is over and Enroth is relegated to third string duties for the Marlies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, I wonder if we could see Enroth on unconditional waivers soon for a contract termination.

I'm sure he could get a good deal in Europe as a starter. He probably won't get many starts in the AHL, and doesn't seem like there is any interest league wide.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There you go .. A proper back up and the Beebs can go back to the AHL for regular time.

Methinks Ramo's tryout is over and Enroth is relegated to third string duties for the Marlies.

They've all ready released Glass from his PTO with the Marlies. Ramo is likely soon. I wouln't be surprised if Enroth is also released/loaned to Europe.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Also, I wonder if we could see Enroth on unconditional waivers soon for a contract termination.

I'm sure he could get a good deal in Europe as a starter. He probably won't get many starts in the AHL, and doesn't seem like there is any interest league wide.

It would make sense to me

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Like this move. Low risk move that could end up plugging a hole for us. Better then all other options we currently have IMO.

Should see his first game this weekend.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bibeau isn't ready to sit and watch Andersen. This guy should plug alright I imagine.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Nah, it shows they are going for the PO though for sure. Tells you will be getting a D almost certainly.

no it doesn't, it shows they think bibs needs more AHL time and they wont nothing to do with enroth. They are likely hoping for playoffs but they aren't "going for it" there wont be any futures traded for a rental for instance and as many have said the signed D are a more offseason type move.

This is a very low risk high reward potential. we have 1 win from backups this year and are burning Andersen out

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Organizational Depth Chart for goalies appears to be;

1. Frederik Andersen
2. Antoine Bibeau
3. Curtis McElhinney
4. Joseph Woll

Andersen being the guy now, Bibeau seems to be the goalie management has some hope for and wants him starting, McElhinney (seriously, we need a nickname haha) is the steady backup (hopefully), and Woll being the next prospect.

I gather that Sparks and Enroth won't be here much longer.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Side Note: Would have been hilarious if we claimed Gustavsson instead.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Bibs is not ready
He needs to play a lot more hockey imo. He is hit or miss right now with the Marlies.

McElhinney could work well for us. Fingers crossed.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
no it doesn't, it shows they think bibs needs more AHL time and they wont nothing to do with enroth. They are likely hoping for playoffs but they aren't "going for it" there wont be any futures traded for a rental for instance and as many have said the signed D are a more offseason type move.

This is a very low risk high reward potential. we have 1 win from backups this year and are burning Andersen out

They care, they could have thrown anyone in there. I bet they would have even traded if need be. They ain't going to let a D or a G impede progress just watch.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im happy to see the team being ruthless with marginal players. Too much over the past decade weve accepted mediocrity.

Dont perform? Bye. Next please

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Bibs is not ready
He needs to play a lot more hockey imo. He is hit or miss right now with the Marlies.

McElhinney could work well for us. Fingers crossed.

McElhinny is about bibs ceiling. Bibs isn't much of a goalie prospect every team has an equal or better in their system.
I would say the depth chart is
Andy
Mc
Woll
Bibs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad