Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
What does that even mean? I dont think anyone gives a damn where a player is from, be good and we will like you.
Foudy takes some heat but people have been pumping Voronkov's tires massively for awhile now

Vesele is just saying Knazko should be included in that tier. That those guys are got to be good players.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If Knazko isn`t Slovak he`s in 2th round certainly. You greatly underestimate him. Similar like Voronkov and Foudy IMHO.

It has nothing to do with him being Slovak, it has to do with the league he plays in. Knazko is still playing juniors in Finland, not pro yet, so he can't yet put himself on the same level as the guys that have played well in the KHL and AHL. Perhaps when he goes pro he will put himself on the map.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It has nothing to do with him being Slovak, it has to do with the league he plays in. Knazko is still playing juniors in Finland, not pro yet, so he can't yet put himself on the same level as the guys that have played well in the KHL and AHL. Perhaps when he goes pro he will put himself on the map.
I wrote what people who know these thing, said. If they didn't say it I would never write it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With the recent influx of talent, it might be easier to rank our prospects in tiers

Tier 1:
Johnson
Sillinger
Marchenko
Chinakov

Tier 2:
Foudy
Ceulemans
Tarasov
Voronkov

Tier 3:
The rest

As excited as I am for Marchenko and Chinakhov they are still a tier down for me, closer to Foudy and Voronkov than Johnson and Sillinger. I might go:

Sillinger
Johnson

Chinakhov
Marchenko
Foudy
Voronkov

Svozil
Ceulemans
Tarasov
Angle

Dunne
Knazko
Holm
Fix-Wolansky

etc....

Or highest ceiling and highest floor.

Highest ceiling:
Johnson - elite forward
Sillinger - top line center
Tarasov - good starting NHL goalie

Highest floor:
Sillinger - greasy top 6 player with great shot
Ceulemans - 4/5 D
Foudy - defensive line NHL forward

Sounds right to me. I am a little more cautious on Ceulemans after reading more reports, some say he doesn't have an NHL floor. Voronkov certainly has an NHL floor.

Reactions: Hello Johnny

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
So I hesitate even putting it here, but it's the lead beat writer so I'll do it.

Porty said on his podcast that he did for the Athletic to not be surprised of Sillinger makes the big club.

It was met with a huge sigh from his co host Allison but he said the team loves him and may want him to be with the big club this year.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
So I hesitate even putting it here, but it's the lead beat writer so I'll do it.

Porty said on his podcast that he did for the Athletic to not be surprised of Sillinger makes the big club.

It was met with a huge sigh from his co host Allison but he said the team loves him and may want him to be with the big club this year.

I don't trust the CBJ to develop players, so that is the reason I think it makes sense for the CBJ to do it :)

I just get worried because the only guy I clearly recall (for the CBJ) going from a developing 3rd/4th line guy into a true 1st line player is Nash. I just trust the letting him develop against his peers, then the AHL, then the NHL. There have been plenty of other guys we throw into the lineup and some succeed for awhile (Zherdev notably) but seems like many just never really developed.

Not to mention he's suppose to be a C and last tiem I checked we just signed a guy to a 4 year deal to be our 4C...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

this is why we listen to Alison

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I could see him getting his cup of tea, aka 9 games and then sent back down. He's in the WHL, so it's not a big deal. I imagine they would do the same with Johnson if they could. But him playing at Michigan prevents that.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
On a completely unrelated note, is Alison back with the Athletic? I haven't seen any articles from her, but it appears she's on the podcast? Is it sort of "freelance" type situation where she just does the podcast?

Not trying to derail the thread, hopefully a quick answer if someone knows and then back to prospect talk haha.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
On a completely unrelated note, is Alison back with the Athletic? I haven't seen any articles from her, but it appears she's on the podcast? Is it sort of "freelance" type situation where she just does the podcast?

Not trying to derail the thread, hopefully a quick answer if someone knows and then back to prospect talk haha.

She seems to be doing stuff for the Kraken. while also keeping up with the jackets

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well if Sillinger makes the Big Cub out of camp, I claim dibs as the first one who suggested it could happen.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I mean did you guys see who was playing last season ? I would not be surprised if several prospects get their 9 games

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean did you guys see who was playing last season ? I would not be surprised if several prospects get their 9 games

I suppose if you have several guys like Hofmann, Danforth, and Stenlund not making the roster, and Foudy starting in the A. Otherwise there is no room in the forward ranks for more than maybe 1 9-gamer.

The one easy spot up for grabs is RD but the few RD prospects in the system are all years away.

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It looks like Alison is just doing a lot of Kraken related freelance work alongside her Jackets related freelance work. Did their org actually hire her? Maybe as a part-timer?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I could see him getting his cup of tea, aka 9 games and then sent back down. He's in the WHL, so it's not a big deal. I imagine they would do the same with Johnson if they could. But him playing at Michigan prevents that.

I don't think it's crazy that Sillinger could earn a 9 game tryout.

What I've gathered from watching more video on him is that he definitely got away with things at the USHL level, and he didn't use his teammates as much as he should have because he was just too much better than them. WHL might be a bit better level of difficulty for him, I'm not sure if there's much of a difference there. All of his basic skills are strong (stronger than PLD in his draft year), and he's already 200+ lbs and very strong for an 18 year old. I normally would rule it out, out of hand, but I look at the player and I don't see him missing anything obvious that would prevent him from keeping up. His team play and defensive play were inconsistent game to game but he had games where he was really dominant and I got the sense that he was just playing down to his team. The size, strength, and sense are all good enough. The skating is funky looking and can be improved but he is quick enough. He would have one of the best shots on the team from game 1.

Johnson though, not a chance in the world would I give him a tryout. We took a big swing on a guy that might develop into a superstar. We know he's not that good right now. I believe I picked this up from Scouch - KJ only had primary points on 37% of Michigan's goals when he was on the ice. That suggests he was mostly lucky to pick up a point per game in his freshman season. I expect big growth from there but I don't think his current form is very advanced.

Reactions: CBJx614 and LJ7201
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad