Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm just worried how he's gonna transition to the smaller ice, less time and space to make some of those plays
Any concern he seems to be a one trick pony from the Ovechkin spot? The highlight film from the article shows he literally doesn't move from that area of the ice. I've got to think a team could game plan for him pretty successfully.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Any concern he seems to be a one trick pony from the Ovechkin spot? The highlight film from the article shows he literally doesn't move from that area of the ice. I've got to think a team could game plan for him pretty successfully.
Even if he is, that's a pretty good trick.

FWIW, I think he's been kind of pigeonholed into that role for Djurgardens -- at the WJC, he showed a very well-rounded offensive game. His play in this video gives you an idea:

Reactions: majormajor

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I don't think he's eligible to play in AHL playoffs, if Monsters will make it.
In 2015, Z didn't play with Monsters until April 1st but he was playoff eligible. What's different for Tex?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
In 2015, Z didn't play with Monsters until April 1st but he was playoff eligible. What's different for Tex?
What PD said. Eric Robinson is not eligible either, so if Jackets won't make PO he won't be able to play for them.
Juniors and College Free agents are eligible. Players signed to SPC that wasn't on AHL roster on TDL are not.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Tarasov is heading to Double OT with Game2. Score is 2:2
OT #3. This game started 4 hours ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyp24

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So in that triple OT Tarasov made 42 saves on 44 shots. ( next to it 54 saves in single OT against Caps is pretty meh)

1 goal was allowed on 5:3 PP.

Reactions: Jackets16

Jean Valjean

Mar 13, 2019
I don't think that this assessment is very far off to be entirely honest. As of the trade deadline with Bread and Bob- We were a fringe playoff team. We are still a fringe playoff team afterwards (granted with upgrades on paper). I think if you subtract Duchene, Bread, Dzingel, Bob (remember, how good he was in the prior 2 years and his career when healthy)- I think there could be some struggles next year. People say watch us not sign any of them- I think if we can't resign any of those- We could be in for some struggles. I think we can at least sign Dzingel.

Keep in mind- Bread is a 80 point a year player, a line driver, make plays that not many people can. Losing him for nothing in the off-season is going to hurt. Cam Atkinson will still be good, but I don't think we'll see Cam get the same point totals without him.

I think we could see similar struggles in net next year as well. I don't think Korpisalo is our answer as a #1 goalie. Should he play more with Bobrovsky's struggles- Yes, but I don't think he's that much of a better goalie. Do we sign a UFA? Just rely on Merzlikins to be the answer? Maybe, I'm being a pessimist- But, I don't know whether to fully count on Merzlikins as a reliable NHL goalie- when he has no experience in the AHL/NHL. He'll be 25, but I'm cautious with goalie voodoo.

Is Texier/Foudy/Bemstrom ready to step into the NHL next year or do they need more seasoning? None have played a game in the AHL.

I don't know if we are necessarily a bottom 5 NHL team- But, I could see us being a non-playoff team. A team that finishes like 6-12 range or so. It's not the greatest of picks- But, with the NHL draft lottery, maybe you could get lucky.

Not that, I'm saying we should prepare for a tank job- Not sign any UFA's, not sign Duchene, rely on Korpi/Merzlikins- But, i think if we went down that route, we could certainly suck.

Hi everyone, I am a Lugano fans, and I follow your team as you are going to get our goalie in a few weeks time ;-)

First of all best of luck for the remainder of the season. I hope you make it to the play offs and manage to go a long way.

Elvis (Merzlikins) has huge potential and was instrumental in us reaching two league Play-off finals in the last 3 years.

This being said, he is having a horrible season, with plenty of blunders. He has taken a lot of bad decisions and seems to be very nervous. Not sure if it is because of the pressure to go to North America. Here is a star, there, at least in the beginning, he will be one of many, with everything to prove. Also money wise I am not sure what type of contract he will get there, so that he could end up making less money that he does over here.

In any case, I would be extremely scared for you, if you were to bet too much on him for the future.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hi everyone, I am a Lugano fans, and I follow your team as you are going to get our goalie in a few weeks time ;-) ...

...This being said, he is having a horrible season, with plenty of blunders. He has taken a lot of bad decisions and seems to be very nervous. Not sure if it is because of the pressure to go to North America. Here is a star, there, at least in the beginning, he will be one of many, with everything to prove. Also money wise I am not sure what type of contract he will get there, so that he could end up making less money that he does over here.

In any case, I would be extremely scared for you, if you were to bet too much on him for the future.

Rut roh.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hi everyone, I am a Lugano fans, and I follow your team as you are going to get our goalie in a few weeks time ;-)

First of all best of luck for the remainder of the season. I hope you make it to the play offs and manage to go a long way.

Elvis (Merzlikins) has huge potential and was instrumental in us reaching two league Play-off finals in the last 3 years.

This being said, he is having a horrible season, with plenty of blunders. He has taken a lot of bad decisions and seems to be very nervous. Not sure if it is because of the pressure to go to North America. Here is a star, there, at least in the beginning, he will be one of many, with everything to prove. Also money wise I am not sure what type of contract he will get there, so that he could end up making less money that he does over here.

Thanks for the honesty. While we are investing alot in him in our (immediate) future, if he doesn't perform well we have plenty of goalie prospect options behind him (and Korpisalo will get first chance at the starting job next year in all likelihood anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad