Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well, i don't know, not his best day i guess.

He looks to be in good position on all of these goals against. He just misses them. The first goal was pretty unlucky, but his team needs a save there. Also, the smashing/banging stick thing needs to stop.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Ska is reffed very fairly. It's really tough to root for Gavrikov for me, being from such a rotten team.

12a978af0b74a658d4.jpg

Jean Valjean

Mar 13, 2019
He looks to be in good position on all of these goals against. He just misses them. The first goal was pretty unlucky, but his team needs a save there. Also, the smashing/banging stick thing needs to stop.

I think Elvis is a very good goalie, but as some of you said, there is plenty of them in your prospects, and what you really need is someone who can constantly make the difference.

My concern is that this year he seemed not to be there with his head. He still had some outstanding games (as he had some very poor ones), but he has not made the difference (I hope he will tonight ;-) ).

His place will never be questioned in our league (our back up is pretty lousy, and that might be part of the problem as Elvis had zero in-house competition this year. Also our defence oftentimes did not help).

I will continue to follow him when he moves to North America, and I am very curious to see how he will perform, specially if he has to start from AHL (will it be the case?). Usually he steps up his game when he is under pressure, which was not the case this year (so far, but season is only over when it is over ;-) ).

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I will continue to follow him when he moves to North America, and I am very curious to see how he will perform, specially if he has to start from AHL (will it be the case?). Usually he steps up his game when he is under pressure, which was not the case this year (so far, but season is only over when it is over ;-) ).
This was mean though. :D

Jean Valjean

Mar 13, 2019
This was mean though. :D

Indeed, there are a lot of mean comments around about him this season ;-)

I hope for him that he will make it and that it will be a success for him and for you. This being said I am skeptical at present. In North America you have little time to prove your value as competition is tough.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Indeed, there are a lot of mean comments around about him this season ;-)

I hope for him that he will make it and that it will be a success for him and for you. This being said I am skeptical at present. In North America you have little time to prove your value as competition is tough.
Unless you're Brandon Dubisnky playing under Torts! :)

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
He himself admits he was affected though.

The beginning of the season was not successful for the Latvian goalkeeper, and he himself does not deny that he was distracted by thoughts about the forthcoming move to NA.

"You can’t control it. It wasn’t that I was just thinking about NHL. But it’s like if you work in a lower position, but you know that you can become a major banker in a few months. There are a lot of questions in your head that you try to erase. Of course, this is your dream and you can’t wait for the moment to try it out, but the reality is here. You can only go when you have done your job in Lugano. I’ve been working with my mental trainer for eight years now. I feel ready. It is difficult to be in my head in various circumstances. I can control my emotions, now. I will not stay in AHL long, I’m pretty good and ready for NHL. "

However, he is currently unsure how this season ends. Will he be able to play in play-offs in Switzerland? If he fails, will he debut in NHL? And what about playing in the Latvian national championship?

"I’ve talked to my agent, but he doesn’t know much about it, himself. It’s annoying!"
"In the context of the next season, Columbus is counting on me, but I don’t know what role they see me. There are a lot of questions right now: what about Bob, what about Korpisalo and a few days ago, they traded for Kinkaid . But in this sport it is most interesting – to win your spot and then defend it, " adds the 24-year-old goalkeeper.

Jean Valjean

Mar 13, 2019
Thank you. Very interesting interview. Would you by any chance have the link to it, so I can share with my friend?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Once again to the home audience!
The French athlete @ atexier99 yy is presenting for the last time to the pop audience, before joining the @BlueJacketsNHL organization.
Come and give your support for the seasonal finals, at 6:30 pm!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I would certainly think so. If his season ends he will likely play the last 10-15 games for Cleveland in the AHL. If he doesn't, then he will likely start there next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad