Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
"If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Players who sign at 18 years old are eligible to have their contracted extended for 2 seasons. This extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 in his signing year. Signing bonuses do not slide, and are paid to the player regardless of a slide, this causes the annual average of the players contract to change, and therefore the cap hit decreases for this player."

I think Carlsson will slide another year, no?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Vitallleeee!!!!! Abramofffffffffffff!!!!!!! get used to that name. This guy is going to change the organization in a very positive way

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a higher ceiling than Pld. I know its early, but Vitali's skill set was there with any top prospect in that draft, he fell solely because of his size , which is crazy when you see players like kane, Atkinson, marner all excelling in the Nhl.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I was kind of hoping he'll be something similar to a Nikita Kucherov. Similar size.

I get the sense he is more similar in size to Jonathon Marchessault. I bring him up because he was a guy we let get away without a fair audition despite playing center for a franchise - us - that needs a goal scoring center. And I think size was a part of why.

I am anxious to see how Vitali progresses. The current NHL slants toward speed so I anticipate he'll get a longer look.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Kolesar and Thurkauf will meet in the next round of the WHL playoffs (the conference finals).

Both seem to be having nice playoff runs; Kolesar has 17 points in 8 games, Thurkauf has 12 in 11.

Also, how is it that Portland loses 6-2 in the deciding game, but all three of the stars are from their team? :huh: :laugh:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Kolesar and Thurkauf will meet in the next round of the WHL playoffs (the conference finals).

Both seem to be having nice playoff runs; Kolesar has 17 points in 8 games, Thurkauf has 12 in 11.

Also, how is it that Portland loses 6-2 in the deciding game, but all three of the stars are from their team? :huh: :laugh:

that had to have been a mistake especially when a player on the winning team had 4G 2A :laugh:

Rainmaker

Apr 15, 2017

In junior hockey they often award the 3 stars of the game to the 3 overage players of the losing team when that team is eliminated from the playoffs. For many, it's the last competitive hockey game they'll play...so just a show of class.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
In junior hockey they often award the 3 stars of the game to the 3 overage players of the losing team when that team is eliminated from the playoffs. For many, it's the last competitive hockey game they'll play...so just a show of class.

Although not my inquiry, thanks for the info Rainmaker. Would never have guessed - you are right, a show of class/respect. One of the several reasons that hockey (along with golf) replaced football/basketball/baseball at the top of my list.

That and achy knee, 50+ years, extra 25 pounds and lots of LOFT. :laugh:

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Kevin Stenlund had a huge game for HV71 in the SHL finals with a goal and two assists in a must-win away game.

There's video highlights at the end of this article:
http://www.shl.se/gamecenter/qTI-3TESAzvs/articles/post

Stenlund is 82 white. The overall game was rather crazy. The HV goalie went for a pokecheck and slid almost all the way out of the zone. Lias Andersson (23, white) is 2017 draft eligible. He'll probably go in the top 14, but if he dropped to the Jackets it would be a great pick.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Dubois assisted on a goal with 54 seconds remaining and Blainville-Boisbriand wins game 2 to tie the series. Dubois also had a goal.

Kelowna won game 2 of their series, 4-3 in OT. Thurkauf assisted on all four goals. Seattle had been unbeaten in the playoffs until tonight.

Last edited:

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Vitaly Abramov while slightly undersized is a force!!! Great and I mean GREAT skater. Deadly shot and plays defense. I'm pretty excited to see him in action.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Kolesar is going to be a top six guy.

Where the hell are they all going to play?
The "pain" of drafting well is that you become overcrowded. The good thing though, is you can flip those players for picks/assets that are more valuable than the pick you originally used on them.

Pretty crazy though. Dubois, Bjorkstrand, Milano, Kolesar, Abramov, Thurkauf, etc. all look to have NHL talent and we've still got the youngest playoff roster in the league by far :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce