Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Korpi with the save of the day today. From what I've read , he's looked really good . Sure hope we make a deal with Vegas for them to take Calvert or Wild Bill . He was inconsistent this year , but how many goalies as young as he is , are currently thriving in the NHL ?

I'd rather lose Korpisalo

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Korpi with the save of the day today. From what I've read , he's looked really good . Sure hope we make a deal with Vegas for them to take Calvert or Wild Bill . He was inconsistent this year , but how many goalies as young as he is , are currently thriving in the NHL ?

Andrei Vasilevsky and Matt Murray had better seasons (heads and shoulders better) than Korpi. Murray thrived even though he hasn't played in the playoffs. Vas didn't necessarily thrive but filled in smoothly in Bishops spot once he left, they're both younger than Korpi.. just saying. (And I'm a huge Korpi fan, don't get me wrong.)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The wild Bill? With Sedlak on the 4 and PLD likely to be the 3C out of camp why would you rather lose our best backup and best option outside of Bob for the foreseeable future.

Sedlak is OK. I don't belive PLD will be a center in the NHL, and I think Karlsson has more to give offensively.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Sedlak is OK. I don't belive PLD will be a center in the NHL, and I think Karlsson has more to give offensively.
See I don't see PLD as a wing. He's noticeably worse on the wing and has at worst a bottom 6 floor. He's great on the dot and is a good 2 way guy. And people have said Karlson has more offense to give since we got him. He is what he is at this point in my opinion and Sedlak is pretty similar. I'd rather bring in a more skilled prospect then waste a spot on Karlson on the 4th line or wing.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Jarmo's assurances about future players, those guys he decides to call out in those post season pressers, don't have a great track record.

????

What did he say? That they would be good? That they would play for Columbus? That they would play the following year in the NHL? If all he said was they would be good, then his track record is tremendous. Them not playing for Columbus has nothing to do with him being wrong about how good they would be.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Andrei Vasilevsky and Matt Murray had better seasons (heads and shoulders better) than Korpi. Murray thrived even though he hasn't played in the playoffs. Vas didn't necessarily thrive but filled in smoothly in Bishops spot once he left, they're both younger than Korpi.. just saying. (And I'm a huge Korpi fan, don't get me wrong.)

You could also argue Juuse Saros for Nashville as well after his very hot streak in the NHL this season as well. Hasn't played in the playoffs yet (Pekka Rinne seems to be doing a decent job in net for them lol)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
You could also argue Juuse Saros for Nashville as well after his very hot streak in the NHL this season as well. Hasn't played in the playoffs yet (Pekka Rinne seems to be doing a decent job in net for them lol)

Ah yeah, Saros! His hot streak was insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad