Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Seen that Carlsson is hoping for a call from Columbus to come over and play some hockey in North America to continue playing. Hope we can bring him over to play some games

From my brief research- Abramov would be eligible to play in Cleveland to finish out the season if Columbus so desires assuming Gatineau is eliminated from the playoffs and Cleveland is still playing. Read a HF boards post from 2007 regarding this issue and Boone Jenner did this even at the age of 18 still in 2012 for Springfield. I guess we'll see what we decide to do

Sherwood could obviously join Cleveland immediately as well, and I imagine this is likely to happen.

Some point of interest- I seen on twitter from Michael Russo- covers the Minnesota Wild for a newspaper- That he "is hearing the Blue Jackets may look to sign Ryan Collins" That's definitely interesting as I don't think any one of us expected him to be signed. Personally, I think we should pass on signing Ryan Collins to any sort of ELC...

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I believe he could sign an ATO for the playoffs and be returned to the Q next year, but could be mistaken.

He is 100% ineligible for the AHL next year.
Yes, I'm fairly certain he could. Jenner did in 2012, just before he turned 19.

The rule is in place so that CHL teams can keep their talent for a few years. Once a team's season is over, there's no reason a player shouldn't be able to play out the season in the AHL.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Regarding the CHLers perhaps joining the Monsters, they can do it, I'm just not sure if they're good enough to jump into playoff hockey with grown men. Carlsson is obviously good enough but the D is relatively deep. Do they still have Siebenaler at forward?

I'd be surprised if Collins is signed - I wonder if Jarmo has better options to fill out the 50 contracts. Shouldn't he have some undrafted late bloomers he wants to sign?

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Regarding the CHLers perhaps joining the Monsters, they can do it, I'm just not sure if they're good enough to jump into playoff hockey with grown men.
That's true. For that matter, I'm not sure it's the best idea to introduce a bunch of new players, especially junior players, when they are still in a tight playoff race.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
That is what happens when you have one of the youngest teams in the league. It is tough to be young/deep in the NHL and have a loaded prospect pool.

But to be a young prospect playing on a team as young as the CBJ would be exciting- living the dream with mostly guys your own age. I don't give a thought to the media down grade of Milano, Sonny, OB, PLD and VA are giving me good thoughts & Carlsson & Gabby on D.. Elvis entering the building.. ya ya ya!!
:D

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Gatineau goes ahead 4-3 in game 4 with Abramov's first goal of the playoffs, near the end of the second period. They aren't going down easily.

Meanwhile, Dubois' team has cruised to a first-round sweep, outscoring their opponent 15-4 in the series.

Last edited:

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Sherwood's team will probably go down tonight. He does seem to have had a good series, with 4 goals in 5 games.

EDIT: Flint's season is over. Gatineau, meanwhile, is making things interesting.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Assuming their season ends can Abramov play in the AHL on a tryout? I remember Jenner playing games for Springfield and then going back to Oshawa the next year.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Kolesar with an assist tonight, Seattle up 4-2. He's got 10 points already in these playoffs and Game 4 has yet to end.

And just incase anyone is worried Barzal is carrying the team just know he has yet to play and Kolesar is leading the team in points

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
And just incase anyone is worried Barzal is carrying the team just know he has yet to play and Kolesar is leading the team in points

Well...it must be someone else on his line who is making him so productive :razz:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Named Defenseman of the Month in the KHL

– Best defenseman was Vladislav Gavrikov (Lokomotiv), who played in 11 matches, recording 3 (1+2) points (including the winning goal in Game 5 of the Conference semi-final series at CSKA), 8 hits and 10 blocks. The 21-year-old D-man did not receive a single negative rating in any match, meriting a +3 for the month;

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
No points for Abramov, but Gatineau forced a game 7 with a 5-1 win tonite. He was a plus 2, his line did the early damage. Game 7 tomorrow.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I was checking on Big Thurk and looked at the boxscore for last night's Kelowna game. How does a player score a hat trick in a 4-2 game AND score the game winner (plus the EN to seal it) and NOT be one of the three stars of the game?

Edit: not sure why the mods moved my post here (Thurk didn't have the hat trick).

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I was checking on Big Thurk and looked at the boxscore for last night's Kelowna game. How does a player score a hat trick in a 4-2 game AND score the game winner (plus the EN to seal it) and NOT be one of the three stars of the game?

Edit: not sure why the mods moved my post here (Thurk didn't have the hat trick).

Idk where you posted originally, but a post about a prospect seems to belong in the prospect thread.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Are the Jackets using the ATO loophole with Sherwood, Carlsson, and Collins in Cleveland or are they burning a year if their ELCs?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Collins is probably on an ATO, then.

Not sure burning a year on Sherwood's ELC for what could be two weeks in Cleveland is a good idea.

I didn't know that the ELC slide was only for CHLers. I learned something. Thanls, WannabeFinn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad