Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Kolesar is going to be a top six guy.

Where the hell are they all going to play?
The Monsters could use some help next year. Abramov and Dubois complicate things because they can't be assigned there, but Kolesar and Thurkauf can.

And yes, this is beginning to look like a bit of a "champagne problem" to me.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Is Kolesar another Josh Anderson? Just curious having not seen much of him.

I think he's bigger than Andy but plays like Calvert... from what I've read from those that have actually watched him. People say he looks more like a football player, but still skates incredibly well.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Is Kolesar another Josh Anderson? Just curious having not seen much of him.
I haven't seen much of him either (just YouTube highlights and stats), but in that limited viewing I suppose there were things that reminded me of Anderson, namely the physicality and the scoring touch. He also fights quite a bit. It concerns me a little that some of those fights were precipitated by things he did. He'll need to be careful not to get into trouble with his hits.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
The "pain" of drafting well is that you become overcrowded. The good thing though, is you can flip those players for picks/assets that are more valuable than the pick you originally used on them.

Pretty crazy though. Dubois, Bjorkstrand, Milano, Kolesar, Abramov, Thurkauf, etc. all look to have NHL talent and we've still got the youngest playoff roster in the league by far :amazed:

Before we pop any corks it will be good to see them produce in the NHL. No question the drafting has been very good on the whole

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Kolesar looks like he knows what he's doing in that scrap. I font know if the other guy was just standing up for a teammate or if he is also a physical guy but that was perfect technique by the big guy. I've always felt with him I want to see AHL production first just because his style of play but right now I have 0 complaints about having so many prospects with little NHL space. Let's them develop properly in the minors and get in the right shape before being forced up to the bigs.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Kevin Stenlund had a huge game for HV71 in the SHL finals with a goal and two assists in a must-win away game.

There's video highlights at the end of this article:
http://www.shl.se/gamecenter/qTI-3TESAzvs/articles/post

Stenlund is 82 white. The overall game was rather crazy. The HV goalie went for a pokecheck and slid almost all the way out of the zone. Lias Andersson (23, white) is 2017 draft eligible. He'll probably go in the top 14, but if he dropped to the Jackets it would be a great pick.
HV71 won game 7 in OT today. :handclap: Nooooo time for losers, 'cause...

BB170429PA177.jpg

We could use some more players who are champions in something.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I wonder if his skating worked back up to the level it needs to be. judging by the level of his play they must be. Pretty sure he had a couple big knee injuries a few years back that didnt do him any favors

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Seattle moves on to the WHL championship. They will play Regina.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Gavrikov thing is interesting...Porty reporting what CBJProspects had a month ago...lol

I thought he would come over, but sounds like nothings changed and he may stay

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Gavrikov thing is interesting...Porty reporting what CBJProspects had a month ago...lol

I thought he would come over, but sounds like nothings changed and he may stay

I've been incommunicado for a few weeks. Could this have anything to do with the NHL not playing in next year's Olympics? He is currently representing Russia in the Worlds, perhaps his KHL team says "re-sign with us for two more seasons and you can play for Russia in the Olympics next year...not so in the NHL".

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Zaar is a fine player, but he won't make the CBJ squad any time soon. And I say that as a fan of his game. We simply have too many good-to-great wingers either on the roster or in the system and he's 23 years old already. Glad he could help Cleveland win a Calder Cup but it's in his best interests as a player to go back to the SHL and get some top 6 minutes. Maybe he'll garner NHL attention sometime later on.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
6'2'' 223 isn't smaller than 6'3'' 221.

NHL.com lists Kolesar at 227 which I feel is closer to the truth. Kolesar is built like a tank. Whether he will use his size as well as Anderson remains to be seen but he is for sure a bit bigger. Just like some of the scouting reports say, he is a linebacker on skates

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Elvis is in the house! I know Latvia hasn't faced the strongest opponents to start the Worlds and Elvis got lucky on a no-goal call vs Slovakia today but he has still given up just one goal in two full games. Statistically he was just OK during the Swiss League regular season but he really shined in the playoffs.

Kid likes the bright lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad