Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Curveball. Do we still take Matthews if we know there's something going on?

Two Team USA prospects, including Blue Jackets prospect Sonny Milano, “scuffled” at the end of a practice session on Wednesday in Buffalo, the Buffalo News reported.
No big deal. These things happen in hockey.
But Milano better be careful. The player he tussled with is Auston Matthews, the presumed No. 1 overall pick in the NHL draft next June.
If the Blue Jackets continue on their current pace — they are last in the 30-team NHL — Milano and Matthews could be teammates in Columbus as soon as next season.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

This was a brief scuffle. He probably said the Blue Jackets are terrible and Sonny took it personally and then reminded him he's probably headed here and they resorted to fisticuffs

:laugh:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

lol you trade Milano way before you pass on Matthews. Thankfully these things just happen and if they became team mates I'm sure it would all be water under the bridge.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
lol you trade Milano way before you pass on Matthews. Thankfully these things just happen and if they became team mates I'm sure it would all be water under the bridge.

I'd make them work that **** out if I'm the GM. They're way to talented to act little kids or frat boys fighting over ********. Be men, mature the **** up and play for the name on the front.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If we had a chance to draft Matthews and he and Sonny turn out to be Umberger-Kessler part deux its amf Sonny. :laugh:

And I doubt seriously a brief scuffle would have a lasting impact.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I already question if we should draft him. Something just rubs me the wrong way about him leaving NA to play. I always question when there is that one kid who does something different than everyone else. Obviously, it probably is nothing, but it still would make me ask him a few extra questions when interviewing him.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Veeti Vainio has so far played in seven games SM-liiga games for Espoon Blues, averaging 15.11 minutes. One assist, +3 and two penalty minutes.

Blues has had player firesale and many have left but the team has now won four out of the last five so something positive there besides their December wages being covered. The team could still collapse in financial duress although SM-liiga might prevent that.

KlichkoBro*

In his last game Gavrikov has played 19 minutes alongside Gorokhov, who is 18 years older than him. And Loko is a good team, currently they possess the 2nd best record in the entire KHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Really interested to see how Milano does for the USA (as well as Werenski obviously).

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Due to the lottery that's not happening. IDC where we finish. We never win lotteries
It's not just a question of whether the Blue Jackets win lotteries; the last-place team has a 20% chance of winning the first overall pick. I'm not getting attached to any prospect, at least not until we announce his name from the podium.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
If we had a chance to draft Matthews and he and Sonny turn out to be Umberger-Kessler part deux its amf Sonny. :laugh:

And I doubt seriously a brief scuffle would have a lasting impact.

One of my closest friends is a college buddy who I was introduced to through a "brief scuffle" that we had during an intramural basketball game. **** happens on the field of play; the quality of person that you are is reflected once the final whistle blows.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I wasn't a fan of the pick, but he has been proving me wrong. Hopefully he keeps it up.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I wasn't a fan of the pick, but he has been proving me wrong. Hopefully he keeps it up.

I personally loved it. the fact he wasnt fully invested in hockey until a few years ago and had a huge offseason which is now paying off big is awesome. Im hoping his downside is Matt Martin like and upside is between him and Jenner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad