Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Speaking of defensive prospects Werenski is still playing at a PPG pace despite shooting a low percentage IIRC. Gavrikov was expected to be on his teams top line before his injury from what I read, the FO (torts not included) actually loves this kid and think he can be a top 3 defender if he develops his offensive game and at worst a top 4/Pk guy. They are high on him as they are Carlsson

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Kevin Stenlund just scored a great goal in the 1st period for HV71 to put them 1-0 up vs Brynas.

Worth checking out later when highlights are up.

Muscled his way past one man on left halfboards, drove in towards net, took puck past Dman with a nifty move and slotted home.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
In the case of Werenski we at least get the first pick back. No, seriously. I think he really did not sign with us.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The difference between the two is monumental. I mean Werenski already said "some days I would wake up a Jacket and others I would wake up a wolverine"

With Zach we're hearing all the things we wanted to hear from Reilly, but he never actually said. Which is a great sign.

Like the reason we went back. He wants to win. He wants to get Michigan back on track before leaving.

I think the most impressive thing is in his sophomore season he's still the 2nd youngest kid on the team after being one of the youngest kids on campus last season.

"It was definitely a tough decision because your goal is to make it to the NHL one day," said Werenski. "To see Dylan go kind of makes you want to go, but you have to realize what is best for you. And for me, it definitely was coming back here. I'm still young, and didn't want to rush anything. It's about development. I play the game with a lot of confidence, but there are still a lot of things I wanted to work on.

"I can get bigger and stronger. In the NHL, you're going up against men. I talk to Dylan all the time, and he says, 'The game is just stronger.' I want to physically mature and grow off the ice as well. I wanted to come back and have a good impact on the team. It was a tough decision, but coming back for me was best."

"It's tough being a first-rounder. Sometimes you wish you'd never been drafted, but I think he's handled it pretty well. He didn't get carried away by it and feels good about it."
-- Coach Red Berenson on Zach Werenski

This kid has fire and drive, something we never saw from you known who.

Last edited:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Markus Nutivaara having quite the improved season in Finland's Liiga. 4 goals and 8 assists through 29 games. Also looks like Gavrikov is doing decent in the KHL. Both could be bottom pairing options in the relatively near future it seems.

KlichkoBro*

In the case of Werenski we at least get the first pick back. No, seriously. I think he really did not sign with us.

Jeez. Off course he would stay in Michigan for 3 more years and play for free instead of playing in the NHL and making millions.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Keegan Kolesar 8th in WHL scoring :amazed:

While hes not top 10 anymore, hes still top 20 in scoring. Just for comparisons sake, heres his last season versus only half of this season

GP G A PTS +/- PIM​
15-16 27 15 18 33 12 52
14-15 64 19 19 38 -7 85

That plus minus is the best on the team. Now I havent watched him at all, but from my understanding he plays a very physical type of hockey. Could he be another player in the Hartnell/Jenner mold? One where you dont necessarily expect him to put up points because of the physicality he brings but finds a way to put up a solid chunk of points? My expectations of Kolesar is a bigger version of Calvert.

Last edited:

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Markus Nutivaara having quite the improved season in Finland's Liiga. 4 goals and 8 assists through 29 games.

He is playing his first National Team games for Finland next week (EHT tournament). His development has been outstanding and I can't wait to see him play against the top competition in Europe.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
He is playing his first National Team games for Finland next week (EHT tournament).

I remember that after Nutivaara was finished with his SM-liiga rookie season, he wanted to get drafted into the NHL. He wanted to be a star in the NHL. Everyone had the same mind that it can’t be done. Just look at his body. You have this huge monstrous body, overly developed, it doesn’t fit into the NHL. But you know, he didn’t listen to all this, this was their rules. I was convinced he could do it. And then Nuti got the big break in the Finnish national team.

Trust yourself no matter how or what anyone else thinks.

"A year ago, at this time of the year I was still battling for even the first pairing position in A juniors. I wouldn't have believed that during next season I'll be invited to EHT games. Slowly, while getting league games under my belt you'd start to notice that you can cope in these games just as well. A day at a time I have tried to work and develop as a player and maybe this is kind of a reward for it."

Markus Nutivaara, 7.12.2015, Oulu, far end of the Baltic Sea.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Why isn't Sherwood being talked about much around here? Sure, he plays on an offensively powerhouse team but in his first year in the OHL, he has 26 points in 26 games. That's a pleasant stat line, at least to me.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Why isn't Sherwood being talked about much around here? Sure, he plays on an offensively powerhouse team but in his first year in the OHL, he has 26 points in 26 games. That's a pleasant stat line, at least to me.

He was being discussed. About his healthy scratch.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He can score 100 pts in 50 games this season, doesnt mean a thing until he starts producing in the AHL. Unless hes making the OHL look like childs play its hard to put a lot of stock into points. Especially with SOOOOOO much talent around him.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Right now, Sherwood is 6th in scoring among Knights' forwards. I'll get a little more excited when he passes some guys.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Yeah, London leads the OHL in goals, and by a substantial margin. It seems like every time I look at one of their game sheets, it's 6-1 in the third or something like that.

KlichkoBro*

Sherwood still puts decent numbers. He doesn't play with Dvorak, Marner or Tkachuk cause they play together. We gonna find out more about him in a month since those three are going to the World Juniors and he probably will get a 1st line duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad