Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I won't pretend to know much of anything about our prospect Julien Pelletier..

But, I've seen he has 6 goals and 1 assist thus far in 5 games, in addition to scoring some goals in preseason QMJHL action. Here's to hoping he can have a decent rebound years after his struggles last season.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I won't pretend to know much of anything about our prospect Julien Pelletier..

But, I've seen he has 6 goals and 1 assist thus far in 5 games, in addition to scoring some goals in preseason QMJHL action. Here's to hoping he can have a decent rebound years after his struggles last season.
Yeah, he was hot garbage in his draft+1 year. Good to see he's off to a hot start this season.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Yeah, he was hot garbage in his draft+1 year. Good to see he's off to a hot start this season.
I monitor most of our prospects pretty closely; he made my "meh, I'll check your stats at the end of the season" list last year. And trust me, you don't want to make that list. :)

Is Gavrikov injured? I see a red cross by his stat line on eliteprospects.com. Is he expected to be out long?

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I see Werenski has four points in four games. Has anyone here been watching him more closely?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Kole Sherwood has 6 Goals and 13 Points in 12 Games for London. That's sixth on the team in scoring.

I have question...he's not listed as a "rookie". Is that a mistake or is there something else keeping him from being considered a rookie in the CHL?

BTW, four of London's top six scorers are all Americans. Tkachuk (St Louis), Piccinich (New Jersey), Dvorak (Illinois) and Sherwood (Columbus).

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I have question...he's not listed as a "rookie". Is that a mistake or is there something else keeping him from being considered a rookie in the CHL?

He's too old. Rookies have to be 17 or younger at the start of the season. It was getting unfair that a 18 or 19 year old drafted player could come into the CHL from another country and win Rookie of the Year over 16 and 17 year olds. I think it was Tyler Seguin who lost out Rookie of the Year in the CHL to some 20 year old Russian player that caused the rule change.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I know this is off topic but it wouldn't have held up as its own thread.

I have guests here at my B&B from Finland at the moment. I was so excited, our first ever Fins and I was hoping to talk about Jarmo and our Finnish prospects...maybe get some "inside scoop". The husband's name even is Jarmo :yo:

Sadly...they don't appear to be hockey fans :cry:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Thanks JFW, it clarifies things but it sounds to me like an attempt to shut non-Canadians out from winning CHL ROY. Just like how they no longer allow Euro goalies from playing in the CHL because they want to protect the Canadian pipeline (hypocritical in so many ways if you ask me).

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I have guests here at my B&B from Finland at the moment. I was so excited, our first ever Fins and I was hoping to talk about Jarmo and our Finnish prospects...maybe get some "inside scoop". The husband's name even is Jarmo :yo:

Should you want to see Finnish Jorma, heat up the sauna.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Keegan Kolesar hat trick tonight. Puts him at 17 pts in 11 games.

that makes me super happy. i was one of the guys voting Kolesar in kinda early during the prospect rankings because i thought he had a lot more to give and early indications look good. To add a little perspective he has 11 more points then Gropp and 2 more then Barzal but in a few more games, hopefully he is starting a Boone Jenner like breakout year

Eikka

May 21, 2015
Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts:

28. The CHL/NCAA Cold War continued last week with two defections. Jeremy Bracco left Boston College for Kitchener, just before Warren Foegele departed New Hampshire for Kingston.

When this happens, you wonder if it is a trickle or the start of a flood. Looking into it, there are two names thrown around.

One is forward Luke Kunin, playing at Wisconsin with OHL rights owned by Sarnia. (Neither his family advisor nor the Sting responded to a request for comment.) Damien Cox mentioned Blue Jacket draftee Zach Werenski, whose OHL rights belong to London. That would be a major move, and a couple of scouts who saw him last weekend said the rumours are out there.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Espoon Blues of Veeti Vainio is currently under growing wrath of financial collapse. Although the debt might be taken care by some bad business dealing angels, couple players have already been allowed to leave despite ongoing contracts.

Too bad Vainio hasn't in SM-liiga ice time benefitted from this development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad