Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebanas

Feb 27, 2013
West St Paul MB
Just dropping in, I am always on the jets board but when I found out you guys signed Keegan I wanted to come over here and see if anything was said about him or the signing . I grew up with the guy and was friends with him throughout high school. We still remain in touch when we can but he's obviously quite busy.

I can tell you that you have a solid signing here though. Obviously I'm somewhat bias but he's a big fit dude who is committed to making the NHL now, and also a super nice guy except when he's on the ice haha. Congrats and good luck with him!

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
i just wish we could find an elite offensive dman prospect, our own Ghostisbehere, Theodore, Mountor, Deangelo, etc. Vanino could be it but he's a long ways off, Werenski could be it but i feel like he plays more of a 2 way Dman game

Id rather have a Keith or Doughty then a Klingberg

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
you mean the keith who has posted over 60 points twice and is usually in the mid-high 40s? you also wouldn't want norris winning defenders? (Karlsson types) thats kinda sad

Is that a knock on Keith or am i misinterpreting you? Keith doesn't put up the same number of points but he also keeps lots off the board. Also Keith has the same number of Norris trophies as Karlsson and also has a Conn Smythe on top of that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Honestly, he'd be on the 2nd pairing in Columbus right now. Which tells you:

a)How good he is
b)How bad the Jackets blue line is right now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good for Zach but a part of me thinks he was only named captain because he stuck with the NCAA where as Matthews fled for Switzerland.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Good for Zach but a part of me thinks he was only named captain because he stuck with the NCAA where as Matthews fled for Switzerland.
I doubt this is the reason. Is Matthews a known leader? Obviously he's a superstar but he seems pretty quiet so it's hard to tell.

Not surprised on Collins. As a Gopher fan, it's painful to watch him play. Not saying he won't turn a corner. Seth Helgeson was tough to watch and he has a one way contract next year.

KlichkoBro*

Yes, that's it.
When was the last time the Jackets didn't have a representative on the team Canada roster? I think they always had at least one since Cody Goloubef won the gold playing alongside PK Subban.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wow. Who is this Michael Spacek? Kid has got some patience and hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad