Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I think people are sleeping on Marchenko. To me, he has the highest ceiling of our forwards.
Unfortunately him being bought by SKA put his development in stale. Last year was basically a waste.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
State of the Organization: CBJ Prospects Breaks Down The Blue Jackets' Pipeline, Including Names to Watch in 2019-20

Here are the Blue Jackets’ top 10 prospects. In parentheses, you'll find where they rank in the magazine's overall top 100 list.
1. Liam Foudy (51)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov
3. Elvis Merzlikins
4. Gabriel Carlsson
5. Daniil Tarasov
6. Alexandre Texier
7. Andrew Peeke
8. Emil Bemström
9. Veini Vehviläinen
10. Trey Fix-Wolansky

With 3 of those being G's and 2 guys most likely on the team next season and 2 more with at least a reasonable chance to be in Columbus in 2019-20 and a third round pick not looking too good on the prospect front.
Either one of two things - either Gabe Carlson is a total miss by the author or we have only three legit prospects and all below Carlsson are dead ends. I’ll opt for Carlsson's placement being a total miss and the authors being total bozos......or maybe just a flashback to Firesign Theater - “I think we’re all bozos on this bus”.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't know much about Sherwood but he just put up about .5 ppg in Cleveland. He's 6'1' and weighs north of 200 lbs. Him and Robinson plus ? conjure up an image of the 4th lines for the Bruins & Blues. I think I'd rather see that than Dubi &. Maybe Nash as their C for 2 years could work? Just spit ballin'

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The Ekholm thing I was going off your statement and didn't review the information myself. So, apologies there. But the point still stands that he has stagnated ever since he came here and has been passed over by people who shouldn't be ahead of him (Kukan, Harrington, Clendening, etc). It's concerning. Too early to give up on him, but its also too late to keep giving him opportunities to bounce back. Sometimes they just don't have it. Next year is a big one for him because he could easily push out Harrington or Kukan if he has a better camp than them (assuming all three are still on the roster).
Kukan, Harrington, and Clendening also looked like they were all falling behind a couple years ago, when they were around the same age that Carlsson is now.

Savard, at around 22-23, was on the verge of getting chased out of the organization. John Moore actually was.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know much about Sherwood but he just put up about .5 ppg in Cleveland. He's 6'1' and weighs north of 200 lbs. Him and Robinson plus ? conjure up an image of the 4th lines for the Bruins & Blues. I think I'd rather see that than Dubi &. Maybe Nash as their C for 2 years could work? Just spit ballin'

The exciting thing is that Kole is just beginning to learn how to use his body that way. He's very strong, but he came up as a pure sniper that didn't seek contact. His brother Kiefer had to make the transition to a more complete physical player in order to make the pros, and had a decent rookie year for Anaheim this year. Kole has better starting tools. I could see him potting 20 goals someday from the third line wing.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Kukan, Harrington, and Clendening also looked like they were all falling behind a couple years ago, when they were around the same age that Carlsson is now.

Savard, at around 22-23, was on the verge of getting chased out of the organization. John Moore actually was.

It would be different if Carlsson was getting held back by something stupid he was doing like Savard was. (IIRC, Savardopenly said he ddn't care for conditioning until he got to the pros, and it showed until the meeting he had with JD). Calrsson just might not be very good.

He's got an NHL body, no doubt about it. I don't believe he has the NHL ability or physicality, as of now, to make it. He has size, and a shot, but that's all. I hope he proves me wrong, I really do, but I don't anticipate much more than an AHL journeyman with some recalls if theres injury, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Do you have any more information on this? I haven't seen any news about this.
There is no more information. SKA bought him along with Podkolzin in 2018. "Surprisingly" they both had terrible seasons. Marchenko was bounced between 3 teams last season, all in SKA system but still. This is last year of his contract, but i haven't heard anything about going to NA from him. Saw him playing live once, he's very lanky, built like a goalie, almost 6.2' height but 164 lb weight.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Emil, TFW, Tex and Peeke have been training together for some time lately before camp. Also Marchenko is in NY right now in some training facility, hope it means he will also attend the camp.

62506732_341888059821524_8544896133925207509_n.jpg

Reactions: Doggy and Jackets16

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Emil, TFW, Tex and Peeke have been training together for some time lately before camp. Also Marchenko is in NY right now in some training facility, hope it means he will also attend the camp.

Who is the Buckeye?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Has Marchenko commented anything about the CBJ in the year since he's been drafted?

Reactions: Palm Tree

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Is it normal that the prospect camp has more free agents than actual draft picks or is our prospect pool so weak right now that it is just more obvious?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
If he is under contract to SKA is he even allowed to come over and participate?

Sure he could. Texier was under contract with his Finnish team and he was over last year IIRC.

There is convo under that post of his in the comments. "I'm training. Thats why i'm not coming".

I would be okay with this if he was there last year. Or at least if we have heard about him at all this year. Could be the fault of our media for not talking about him or whatever you want to say, but he's a 2nd round pick and you would think pretty important to the franchise.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Alex Romanov is under contract with CSKA. He is participating in Habs camp. This guy is bolting for 2 straight years. Besides he's already here in US, why not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad