Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Thought I would give you guys an update on Peter Quenneville

35 points in 30 games so far. Really playing well the last 10 games or so though. Adjusted well to the league. Great passer and vision and sneaky hard shot. Enjoying himself it looks like playing with his younger brother. Excellent powerplay man. A big reason the Wheaties are the 2nd hottest team in the WHL the past 2 months.

Is he on the Blue Jackets radar at all? Well he get signed this summer or do you guys think he will come back as an overager to the Wheat Kings?
Awesome.

Given our contract situation, I'd presume he gets that overage year, but I can't predict JK the same way I could Howson.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Thought I would give you guys an update on Peter Quenneville

35 points in 30 games so far. Really playing well the last 10 games or so though. Adjusted well to the league. Great passer and vision and sneaky hard shot. Enjoying himself it looks like playing with his younger brother. Excellent powerplay man. A big reason the Wheaties are the 2nd hottest team in the WHL the past 2 months.

Is he on the Blue Jackets radar at all? Well he get signed this summer or do you guys think he will come back as an overager to the Wheat Kings?

Have to think Quenneville sees his 20 year old season in Brandon ... it'll be tough for him to crack the AHL roster, with the handful of guys we have coming in next year. Being more of a long-shot prospect, I certainly think he benefits more from another year in the WHL, than he would spending time either riding the pine or in the ECHL.

He's definitely adjusted to the league nicely, I agree with you there. Thanks for the update!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Wennberg, Soberg, and Forsberg will probably all be on Frolunda next year...will be kinda interesting to watch them all play together...I'd love to see Forsberg come play in Springfield, but in talking with CBJProspects, it sounds like he feels they'll give him another year over there before bringing him here...

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Personally, I think pretty slim. He will need some time to adjust to NA rinks and culture. II also don't see where he fits next year. Maybe the following year. If he forces his way on, great.

I agree that I don't think he will be, but not because he would need to adjust to NA rinks or our culture. I just don't see room for him right now.

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
I agree that I don't think he will be, but not because he would need to adjust to NA rinks or our culture. I just don't see room for him right now.

Agree. Maybe on teams of old. Excited about the kid though.. he is pretty small. When I met him as an intern, he was smaller than me for sure and I am 6 foot 190.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
C - Boone Jenner (Columbus - NHL) - 45gp, 9g, 7a, 16pts, +6, 35pim
C - Alexander Wennberg (Frolunda -SHL) - 41gp, 16g, 4a, 20pts, -5, 8pim
C - Marko Dano (Bratislava Slovan - KHL) - 37gp, 2g, 2a, 4pts, -12, 34pim
C - Michael Chaput (Springfield - AHL; Columbus - NHL) - 26gp, 10g, 10a, 20pts, +0, 43pim; 17gp, 0g, 1a, 1pts, +0, 2pim
C - Jonathan Audy-Marchessault (Springfield - AHL) - 44gp, 12g, 18a, 30pts, -6, 47pim

LW - Kerby Rychel (Guelph - OHL) - 40gp, 22g, 37a, 59pts, +25, 23pim

RW - Cam Atkinson (Columbus - NHL) - 55gp, 17g, 14a, 31pts, +1, 14pim
RW - Oliver Bjorkstrand (Portland - WHL) - 50gp, 37g, 39a, 76pts, +26, 22pim
RW - Daniel Zaar (Rogle - Allsvenskan) - 42gp, 13g, 16a, 29pts, +0, 22pim
RW - Nick Moutrey (Saginaw - OHL) - 51gp, 12g, 18a, 30pts, +6, 60pim

D - Ryan Murray (Columbus - NHL) - 55gp, 3g, 16a, 19pts, +2, 10pim
D - David Savard (Columbus - NHL) - 43gp, 3g, 8a, 11pts, +7, 18pim
D - Tim Erixon (Springfield - AHL; Columbus -NHL) - 27gp, 4g, 20a, 24pts, +4, 10pim; 2gp, 0g, 0a, 0pts, +2, 2pim
D - Dalton Prout (Sprinfield - AHL; Columbus - NHL) - 5gp, 0g, 0a, 0pts, -2, 2pim; 27gp, 0g, 2a, 2pts, -6, 33pim
D - Cody Goloubef (Springfield - AHL; Columbus - NHL) - 41gp, 6g, 14a, 20pts, +9, 61pim; 3gp, 0g, 0a, 0pts, +0, 2pim
D - Dillon Heatherington (Swift Current - WHL) - 51gp, 5g, 26a, 31pts, +21, 47pim
D - Mike Reilly (Minnesota - NCAA) - 26gp, 8g, 14a, 22pts, +18, 12pim

G - Oscar Dansk (Erie - OHL) - 30gp, 22-6-1-0, 6so, 2.15gaa, 0.919sv%
G - Anton Forsberg (MODO - SHL) - 46gp, 10-3-7, 1so, 2.49gaa, 0.919sv%
G - Joonas Korpisalo (Jokerit - Liiga)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
BTW, let me know if there are any prospects you would like me to add to the list.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I think Wennberg's chances are going to depend heavily on the roster changes we make at the trade deadline, draft and free agency as well as if we want Wennberg to play wing or center.

Gaborik, Comeau, and D-Mac are all UFA which Wennberg could replace for cheap. However, the addition of a forward or two could make Wennberg's chances exponentially harder.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think Wennberg's chances are going to depend heavily on the roster changes we make at the trade deadline, draft and free agency as well as if we want Wennberg to play wing or center.

Gaborik, Comeau, and D-Mac are all UFA which Wennberg could replace for cheap. However, the addition of a forward or two could make Wennberg's chances exponentially harder.

I don't think he's ready to be a scorer for us, and he can't replace what Comeau and D-Mac do. Nor would he necessarily save money on Comeau and D-Mac, Rychel signed for almost the same they did and Wennberg is a better prospect.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Count me in the minority that thinks Wennberg will be in the NHL next year.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I don't think Wennberg makes the team - at least not full time. For the first time (ever) we have a roster that allows us to not have guys rushed to the NHL. We simply don't need Wennberg to be here, and for that reason, I don't think he will be.

Next year, we have at least 72 centers signed to play on our team - or, at least, guys who have been centers in the NHL.

Ryan Johansen, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Derek MacKenzie, Mark Letestu, and Boone Jenner will all be on the team again next year. Hard to see Wennberg displacing any of those guys, unless he's absolutely dominant in camp.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I don't think Wennberg makes the team - at least not full time. For the first time (ever) we have a roster that allows us to not have guys rushed to the NHL. We simply don't need Wennberg to be here, and for that reason, I don't think he will be.

Next year, we have at least 72 centers signed to play on our team - or, at least, guys who have been centers in the NHL.

Ryan Johansen, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Derek MacKenzie, Mark Letestu, and Boone Jenner will all be on the team again next year. Hard to see Wennberg displacing any of those guys, unless he's absolutely dominant in camp.

He could break in as a winger but I agree I don't see it happening. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dano get a game or 2 though

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
As I said before, I believe its all going to depend on roster moves for Wennberg to get a chance at a roster spot next year. Assuming only Gaborik is traded or leaves in FA I think he is going to be hard pressed to make the team unless they are willing to put him on the fourth line due to an impressive camp. However if there is a significant trade and we move additional forwards outside of Gaborik (i.e. Umberger and/or Anisimov) I could see Wennberg pushing for a spot.

Personally I would like to hold him back another year and keep him a center rather than using him on the wing. I am hoping that a few of last years guys (Rychel, Dano, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand) will emerge and we can move some salary from the forward corps (i.e. Anisimov and Umberger)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
As I said before, I believe its all going to depend on roster moves for Wennberg to get a chance at a roster spot next year. Assuming only Gaborik is traded or leaves in FA I think he is going to be hard pressed to make the team unless they are willing to put him on the fourth line due to an impressive camp. However if there is a significant trade and we move additional forwards outside of Gaborik (i.e. Umberger and/or Anisimov) I could see Wennberg pushing for a spot.

Personally I would like to hold him back another year and keep him a center rather than using him on the wing. I am hoping that a few of last years guys (Rychel, Dano, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand) will emerge and we can move some salary from the forward corps (i.e. Anisimov and Umberger)

That'd be ideal.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I kind of see Anisimov and Wennberg filling the same spot. I don't think Wennberg will be ready next year, though.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Tynan and Soberg are probably the only other 2 worth following

getting info on Soberg is a bit difficult. I try to connect with some contacts on twitter but it isn't always easy to get information beyond a few stats (also not always easy to find for lower tier prospects like Soberg). The elite prospects site can help with stats.

bizzz*

Seth Ambroz leads U. of Minnesota in goals this season. He's 1 year younger than Tynan and scored twice as many goals as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad