Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
supposedly its out there that he asked for the trade...

guessing he wanted to be closer to home???

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I know some of you don't get to watch him every weekend. Reilly hasn't been very good this year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I know some of you don't get to watch him every weekend. Reilly hasn't been very good this year.

:huh:

"Pre-Game Note: #Gophers All-American @mreilly93 is now tied for the @NCAAIceHockey lead among defensemen with 20 points and 16 assists." From gophers account

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Really?... dang. I was always told that a stat line of: 20 points in 17 games, +7 for a collegiate defenseman is pretty incredible. Predicted hobey baker finalist too. But yeah, your right. I'll take your word for it. He hasn't been very good this year... 21 points in 17 games? He should be putting up 42 points in 17 games!!! Kid has no touch whatsoever......... Mike Reilly, get with it. geeeeesh.

:help: ....................................

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Just a little tidbit... Bjorkstrand's career in the WHL has went a little something like this:

164 games played, 104 goals, 113 assists, 217 points, +100...

All hail, King Bjork.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
You think the official team account is going to tweet about how he has been defensively? Come on over to our message board if you don't believe me. If you think +/- is a powerful stat, well...

My point is he shouldn't be in the NHL next year, as many of us thought would be the case before this year.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
If he had progressed this year, he could have had a shot to break in. He hasn't progressed, and his defensive shortcomings will become even more obvious in the A next year. I'm not saying he's terrible, but he has not lived up to expectations this year, hence "not very good".

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If he had progressed this year, he could have had a shot to break in. He hasn't progressed, and his defensive shortcomings will become even more obvious in the A next year. I'm not saying he's terrible, but he has not lived up to expectations this year, hence "not very good".

You should be specific then. "Not very good" implies his entire game. If you say "He hasn't been very good defensively" then you will be understood more.

Either way, I just want him to sign a contract.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Another 3pts for Oliver last night in the 5-3 win over Vancouver.

2g +1a one of the goals was another shortie.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You think the official team account is going to tweet about how he has been defensively? Come on over to our message board if you don't believe me. If you think +/- is a powerful stat, well...

My point is he shouldn't be in the NHL next year, as many of us thought would be the case before this year.

Do you have a link to your board? I looked at the gopherhole but couldn't find anything about Reilly in particular just a thread title "Our D Sucks".

From reading that it appears the Gophers are digging themselves a bit of a hole (pun intended) and the D in general is not very good.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Kind of an odd comment. I heard he is dominating and easily one of the best dmen in the NCAA this year.
Offensively he's great. Overall, he isn't living up to his high expectations and isn't in the Hobey discussion as I thought he would be.

We're at Gopherpucklive.com. Gopher hole is not the place to talk about hockey. ;-)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Rychel with a goal and an assist today... now has 22 points in 34 games for Springfield. He's being developed the ideal way, getting as many games in as possible with AHL. Much rather prefer his development than Wennberg's thus far. Truly believe Rychel will make the team out of camp next year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Offensively he's great. Overall, he isn't living up to his high expectations and isn't in the Hobey discussion as I thought he would be.

We're at Gopherpucklive.com. Gopher hole is not the place to talk about hockey. ;-)

Think it was a mistake for Reilly to play NCAA this year? Maybe he should have signed and played AHL for a tougher challenge? Some players when they choose to stay another season to win the title, they pick up some bad habits due to not being pushed.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

LOL. I watched one of his games in the last week and he was the best player on either team.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I have a question. On CBJ prospects tweet read that among us prospects this summer necessary recall Heatherington. Why summer'15? He is from draft'13. Must be summer'16 as recall.
I'm wrong?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I have a question. On CBJ prospects tweet read that among us prospects this summer necessary recall Heatherington. Why summer'15? He is from draft'13. Must be summer'16 as recall.
I'm wrong?

i'm checking with him...sent him a FB msg...will relay what he meant when he gets a chance to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad