Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Do you guys consider Forsberg as your future #1 goalie? I think you guys have extremely impressive prospects and could be a great team in next 3-4 years. Will Forsberg be the man in CBJ in a few years?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if he continues this way, i don't see why not...in the next year or two a 1-2 tandem of Bob and Fors sounds good to me...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I hope they do. I like him alot (not as much as Lee ;)) but I think he's got starter upside. I hope he stays in the AHL next year and takes the reigns as backup in 2 years.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Has Dansk fallen off everyones radar now? Before the season, majority of people on here said Dansk is the soon to be main man. I like Forsberg a lot and see Dansk has had a unimpressive year. Ill be curious to see the rest of Forsbergs season, I think you guys have a gem

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Has Dansk fallen off everyones radar now? Before the season, majority of people on here said Dansk is the soon to be main man. I like Forsberg a lot and see Dansk has had a unimpressive year. Ill be curious to see the rest of Forsbergs season, I think you guys have a gem

Dansk certainly has talent and could potentially turn it around but he's just not as good as Forsberg. Period. Yeah it sucks considering where Dansk was drafted but like I said, we'll just have to hope for the best.

Joonas Korpisalo has also been lights out in Finland so he's probably surpassed Dansk at this point as well. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=44198

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jackets fans paid lip service to the idea of Dansk, but I think most of us were all focused on Forsberg from the start.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Too soon to completely give up on him. He's only 20-21. But early signs are not good at all.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Too soon to completely give up on him. He's only 20-21. But early signs are not good at all.

He has the talent but i felt strongly he'd struggle going right to the AHL. He has the skill but it's all mental with that guy I think. He needs to mature if he's ever going to be the goalie he can be

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I wish Milano was on a better team, hopefully he gets traded. Seems like every time Plymouth scores lately Milano is either the one scoring the goal or assisting. Losing 5-2 vs London at the moment while being outshot 37-23 and he has a goal and an assist while being +1

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
CBJ Prospects @CBJProspects
Sonny Milano had a goal(7) and had 2
assists(22,23) and was named 3rd star
in a 6-4 Whalers loss
Whalers ever win?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Oliver Bjorkstrand, will he have a chance to play for cbj next year? besides marko, alex and kerby is Bjork got the next best shot or does sonny. Feel like Bjork could be a great scorer as well I see scouting reports saying he plays well defensively.

71 19 __/38
11 17 13
43 42 38/__
23 55 10

feel like rw is our most open position
personally would like rychel where Hartnell is and move gibbons down and play all 4 lines alot

Last edited by a moderator:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Oliver Bjorkstrand, will he have a chance to play for cbj next year? besides marko, alex and kerby is Bjork got the next best shot or does sonny. Feel like Bjork could be a great scorer as well I see scouting reports saying he plays well defensively.

71 19 __/38
11 17 13
43 42 38/__
23 55 10

personally would like rychel where Hartnell is and move gibbons down and play all 4 lines alot

My guess is that Milano and Bjork are both a couple years away. My preference, as usual, is to get them both a year of AHL time.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

71 19 __/38
11 17 13
43 42 38/__
23 55 10

Rychel will likely be the next prospect to lock up a full time spot on the team. Bjorkstrand will likely spend a year at least in the AHL. Milano on the other hand is a little bit different. I think if he come in and drops some jaws in prospect and training camp I think they would give him a shot. But if he doesn't blow everyone away he's gonna get sent back down to develop.

Tom13Falcons

Aug 16, 2013
There are people who make it happen (Forsberg starting every game), there are people who watch it happen (Scott munroe the back up goalie who rarely starts), and there are people who wonder what happens (Dansk in ECHL).

thebus2288*

Its funny bout a month ago I brought up the goalie situation. I said it then and I'll say it now. Forsberg and Korpisalo are better goalies. Not much more to say.

Tom(or anybody else watching SPR games regularly). How has Tynan looked so far this year? Also, Anderson seems to be struggling, at least on the scoresheet. How has he looked?

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting tidbit about Dansk from an goaltending article about Bob and Mason on NHL.com:

Bobrovsky also added Reverse, or Reverse-VH, as a post-integration tactic. He asked Clark to bring in Oskar Dansk, a Blue Jackets prospect who excels at the relatively new technique, so they could work on it together. Clark, who also spends time coaching in Sweden and was part of the evolution of the Reverse from a static save selection to a complete movement into and off the posts, said that wrinkle has been instrumental in Bobrovsky playing a more controlled game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=743385

With Dansk is a goalie who hasn't lacked coaching, he's jumped between teams & leagues constantly (even going to a US boarding school in high school), gone to all sorts of goalie camps. He just can't put it all together despite all the techniques he knows.

He's not even starting for the K-Wings. He's the backup and has had a couple bad games that last few times he's finally gotten ice time. Sending him back to the CHL might be a better option, but what teams have room for him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Interesting tidbit about Dansk from an goaltending article about Bob and Mason on NHL.com:

With Dansk is a goalie who hasn't lacked coaching, he's jumped between teams & leagues constantly (even going to a US boarding school in high school), gone to all sorts of goalie camps. He just can't put it all together despite all the techniques he knows.

He's not even starting for the K-Wings. He's the backup and has had a couple bad games that last few times he's finally gotten ice time. Sending him back to the CHL might be a better option, but what teams have room for him.
Keep him on as an assistant goalie coach or something? ;)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Do you guys consider Forsberg as your future #1 goalie? I think you guys have extremely impressive prospects and could be a great team in next 3-4 years. Will Forsberg be the man in CBJ in a few years?

I don't see how he surpasses Bob unless Bob completely falls off. Assuming Bob continues to play as well as he has in the last 7 games, he will get a big payday for a long term, pretty much setting him up to be #1 around here for a long time.

If Forsberg continues to progress the Jackets could be in a Luongo/Schneider situation a few years down the road where one of either Bob or Forsberg is traded away. In the meantime it looks like it will be a very good problem for the Jackets to have for the foreseeable future.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I don't see how he surpasses Bob unless Bob completely falls off. Assuming Bob continues to play as well as he has in the last 7 games, he will get a big payday for a long term, pretty much setting him up to be #1 around here for a long time.

If Forsberg continues to progress the Jackets could be in a Luongo/Schneider situation a few years down the road where one of either Bob or Forsberg is traded away. In the meantime it looks like it will be a very good problem for the Jackets to have for the foreseeable future.

I think people sometimes forget Bob is 26 and only 4 years older then Forsberg. Only way I see Forsberg taking over is if he reaches the same level and the team wants to go with the cheaper option. We really could have a pretty good 1-2 punch and that doesn't even include what Korpissalo, Merzlinkins and Dansk may do in the next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad