Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Patrik Laine accepts QO with Blue Jackets (1 year, $7.5M)

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Only the Laine mafia think that Wheeler is a Ahole.

How dare the captain of the team come down on a player for being selfish, immature and lazy.

Laine wasn't the guy fighting his own teammates during practising sessions.

Sure, Laine has his issues, but let's not act like Wheeler has been this flawless character. He probably came off as a lot more immature in his youth by refusing to sign with the team he was drafted by. And then floated aimlessly in Boston for years.

Laine played his ass off for the Jets, even in his last match before being traded. Played through injuries also. I don't see what the Jets fans have to complain about him, he sure was better for them than Dubois has been (the guy who literally quit on Columbus).

People love to label Laine a problem child but it seems like every other guy gets a pass even though they've done worse.

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This is what happens when GMs sign stupid RFA deals. Why ? They can't go anywhere else....it's absurd. Now you get these massive qualifying offers that you don't really want. Dubois is the same situation.

Reactions: Fro

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Wheeler and Scheifele are over and over blamed for taking over the team and Wheeler of being a bit of an ahole on the Jets board.
Blamed by who nobody that has ever been in that dressing room. You have guys like Dillon and Schmidt saying when they talk to players who played on the jets they all say good things. Besides they are the captain and assistant captain so yeah its their team. It's simple laine feels entitled so he throws everybody under the bus. Jets got tired of it and so will Columbus.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Blamed by who nobody that has ever been in that dressing room. You have guys like Dillon and Schmidt saying when they talk to players who played on the jets they all say good things. Besides they are the captain and assistant captain so yeah its their team. It's simple laine feels entitled so he throws everybody under the bus. Jets got tired of it and so will Columbus.
Except Laine has taken responsibility for his actions over and over again since he's come to Columbus. And what he said what not wrong. By trying to make him something he's not coaches like Torts are trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Wheeler admitted to treating him poorly. Also, none of the three you mentioned are fans, who I was talking about.

Not really.

"If I have any regrets, my regrets would be some of the frustrations that took place over the years," Wheeler said. "Every time we communicated, it's been nothing but positive. Never any fighting, never any yelling at each other. So maybe I could have communicated a little better instead of just getting frustrated. Never once was I hard on Patty — far from it. If anything, I was very respectful and coddled a young teenager and 20-year-old."

-Blake Wheeler

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
This board sucks. Everyone's a prima donna and sassy but not in a fun way.

Literally every post has some jack off making some sarcastic remark. It's truly unbearable.

and yet here are ya persisting even under these harsh conditions. An absolute warrior.

that being said I hope Laine blows the doors off of CBJ and earns his QO and a resigning. ALways enjoyed watching his one timers.

Reactions: Opado and Monk

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Ok, I didn't feel the guys on the jets boards who stated incidents with these two were Laine homers. They were often among his hardest critics. Everything has two sides I guess.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Except Laine has taken responsibility for his actions over and over again since he's come to Columbus. And what he said what not wrong. By trying to make him something he's not coaches like Torts are trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Laine lipped off the now HC when he arrived in Cbj, his entitled, me first attitude (call it culture or whatever) only lasts so long in dressing rooms.

Square peg round hole, lol. Go find a center that wants to do all the dirty work so your boy can "cheat on offense" and play however he wants. Scheif told Laine to the a lap and so too will every elite C that Laine expects to do all the work.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Good oool Canadian boys fanclub on it again. I guess Dubois is a f***ing saint, going to church every sunday and waiving the Canadian flag. He surely behaved a lot better, quitting on the team and demanding a trade? He also scored a tonne more and was the bright spot on Winnipeg with less support?

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Shame on his coaches for trying to make him improve on weak areas of his game. How dare they expect Laine to put in any amount of effort on defense!?

Reactions: tacogeoff

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Shame on his coaches for trying to make him improve on weak areas of his game. How dare they expect Laine to put in any amount of effort on defense!?

I guess you didnt see his improved defence in his 3rd season in Winnipeg? Also the one and only game he played there this season, he was the best player on ice both ways. He wasnt a fit in Columbus and Torts tried to make him into a Landeskog, which he is not. If you trade for a sniper, you usually try to use his skillset. You dont try to make the sniper a hustler. Thats plain stupidity.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I guess you didnt see his improved defence in his 3rd season in Winnipeg? Also the one and only game he played there this season, he was the best player on ice both ways. He wasnt a fit in Columbus and Torts tried to make him into a Landeskog, which he is not.
Yep he was great that 1 game this season before immediately goin back on irl. His improved d didn’t make him good at d just improved.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Laine wasn't the guy fighting his own teammates during practising sessions.

Sure, Laine has his issues, but let's not act like Wheeler has been this flawless character. He probably came off as a lot more immature in his youth by refusing to sign with the team he was drafted by. And then floated aimlessly in Boston for years.

Laine played his ass off for the Jets, even in his last match before being traded. Played through injuries also. I don't see what the Jets fans have to complain about him, he sure was better for them than Dubois has been (the guy who literally quit on Columbus).

People love to label Laine a problem child but it seems like every other guy gets a pass even though they've done worse.
That’s him playing his ass off. Eesh don’t want to see what it looks like when he slacks.

Reactions: tacogeoff

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It's calling knowing your players and how to utilize them, was Phil Kessel expected to be a stalwart defensive player? Or were his coaches smart enough to know that he's an elite offensive threat and that's it's in their best to use him as such.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
That’s him playing his ass off. Eesh don’t want to see what it looks like when he slacks.

The guy was near PPG in his last season for the Jets. How much more can you expect?

The "consummate pro" Wheeler was putting up 27 points in the Bruins at that age.

We also saw the great decision-making of ultra-professional Scheifele in his last playoff series. Never seen "unprofessional" Laine make those kinds of mistakes.

I'm not even saying that Wheeler or Scheifele aren't professional. But when people bring them up as examples of what a NHL pro ought to look like, and make comparisons to Laine, it just makes you wonder. Both of those guys have had their problems. Wheeler, without a doubt, was probably seen as an even bigger diva early on for not wanting to sign with the team that drafted him.

Reactions: Opado and robes1

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not really.

"If I have any regrets, my regrets would be some of the frustrations that took place over the years," Wheeler said. "Every time we communicated, it's been nothing but positive. Never any fighting, never any yelling at each other. So maybe I could have communicated a little better instead of just getting frustrated. Never once was I hard on Patty — far from it. If anything, I was very respectful and coddled a young teenager and 20-year-old."

-Blake Wheeler

Nice try. That is not the quote that is most recent.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
I guess you didnt see his improved defence in his 3rd season in Winnipeg? Also the one and only game he played there this season, he was the best player on ice both ways. He wasnt a fit in Columbus and Torts tried to make him into a Landeskog, which he is not. If you trade for a sniper, you usually try to use his skillset. You dont try to make the sniper a hustler. Thats plain stupidity.

Clinging onto a 1 game sample lol, of ALL the games he played last season he was underwhelming at absolute best majority of nights.
How is he gonna snipe if no one does the dirty work to get him the puck? Laine needs a elite C who is willing to play extra defense so Laine can "cheat a little" lol. We both saw what Scheif thought about this. You act like Laines the best goal scorer from his draft year, stop doing that, he's not close.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yes it actually Is cuz nobody in Winnipeg really talks about him anymore. No players do.

Not really.

-Blake Wheeler

This is just his side of it as well. Sounds to me like him admitting he wasn't very nice in how he treated the rookie he supposedly coddled. People also always remember how they treat others with much more ease than many times they actually did.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
The guy was near PPG in his last season for the Jets. How much more can you expect?

The "consummate pro" Wheeler was putting up 27 points in the Bruins at that age.

We also saw the great decision-making of ultra-professional Scheifele in his last playoff series. Never seen "unprofessional" Laine make those kinds of mistakes.

I'm not even saying that Wheeler or Scheifele aren't professional. But when people bring them up as examples of what a NHL pro ought to look like, and make comparisons to Laine, it just makes you wonder. Both of those guys have had their problems. Wheeler, without a doubt, was probably seen as an even bigger diva early on for not wanting to sign with the team that drafted him.

Near ppg, how much more can I expect? I expect those 80g seasons. Multiple rockets, more goals then Ovi at same age lol. That's what I expect and I'm sure youve made a similar claim, although toned down now.

Laine got traded because the dressing room was sick of his shitty attitude. Blame Wheels, 55, Chipman whoever you want it doesn't
change a thing.

Wheels didn't want to sign w the team that drafted him but the team that drafted Laine was sick of his shit and got rid of him promptly. 6 in one half dozen in the other.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
Yes it actually Is cuz nobody in Winnipeg really talks about him anymore. No players do.

Seems like most of the hfb Winnipeg fans like to talk about him. It really comes out as a insecurity. ”What if he becomes that elite goal scorer and PLD stay as he was this year? Better bash the guy.” I get it, it just gives weird vibes about peg’s fans. Is it not easier to just wish him good luck and move on?

I hope Laine has a bounce back year just as i hope PLD can become that second line center winnipeg has been looking for years.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Near ppg, how much more can I expect? I expect those 80g seasons. Multiple rockets, more goals then Ovi at same age lol. That's what I expect and I'm sure youve made a similar claim, although toned down now.

Laine got traded because the dressing room was sick of his shitty attitude. Blame Wheels, 55, Chipman whoever you want it doesn't
change a thing.

Wheels didn't want to sign w the team that drafted him but the team that drafted Laine was sick of his shit and got rid of him promptly. 6 in one half dozen in the other.

When the hell have I made a claim about Laine scoring 80 goal seasons? I'd be pretty damn content if he turns into a regular 40+ goal scorer and perennial Rocket Richard contender.

I've never heard of Laine being traded because "the locker room was sick of him". The locker room doesn't make those decisions. And he had good friends like Ehlers who are the future of Jets in that locker room.

Laine was traded because of cap space and because a chance opened up for Jets to address their concerns with center depth by bringing in Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00