Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Patrik Laine accepts QO with Blue Jackets (1 year, $7.5M)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Clinging onto a 1 game sample lol, of ALL the games he played last season he was underwhelming at absolute best majority of nights.
How is he gonna snipe if no one does the dirty work to get him the puck? Laine needs a elite C who is willing to play extra defense so Laine can "cheat a little" lol. We both saw what Scheif thought about this. You act like Laines the best goal scorer from his draft year, stop doing that, he's not close.

"I guess you didnt see his improved defence in his 3rd season in Winnipeg?" - You convinently didnt see this, did you? And who the f*** has talked about him beeing "the best goal scorer from his draft"? You should start writing a Disney-tale or something...

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Holy the Laine fan boiz are out and about here!

Hope he can bounceback, has regressed since his second season and had a truly disappointing year last year, but still has loads of potential.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Seems like most of the hfb Winnipeg fans like to talk about him. It really comes out as a insecurity. ”What if he becomes that elite goal scorer and PLD stay as he was this year? Better bash the guy.” I get it, it just gives weird vibes about peg’s fans. Is it not easier to just wish him good luck and move on?

I hope Laine has a bounce back year just as i hope PLD can become that second line center winnipeg has been looking for years.

I don't know if its an issue with winnipeg fans being insecure, as it is we are the only fan base that has had him as a player.. so it would stand to reason the bulk of the responses (comments) would be by that fanbase? Same issue as people feeling there isn't enough talk of Dubois's poor performance last year. This is a thread about laine and not Dubois, again stands to reason the bulk if not all of the talk would be about laine specifically. There has also been plently of bashing of Dubois when he was traded, as being a poor teammate or whatever. Its just that there has been no awkward interviews done by Dubois during the off-season (that I am aware of). If there was no doubt there would be more chatter about him, but here we are. Let us be honest here though, I think your post was more about wanting to jab the winnipeg fans with this whole insecurity thing though.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
I don't know if its an issue with winnipeg fans being insecure, as it is we are the only fan base that has had him as a player.. so it would stand to reason the bulk of the responses (comments) would be by that fanbase? Same issue as people feeling there isn't enough talk of Dubois's poor performance last year. This is a thread about laine and not Dubois, again stands to reason the bulk if not all of the talk would be about laine specifically. There has also been plently of bashing of Dubois when he was traded, as being a poor teammate or whatever. Its just that there has been no awkward interviews done by Dubois during the off-season (that I am aware of). If there was no doubt there would be more chatter about him, but here we are. Let us be honest here though, I think your post was more about wanting to jab the winnipeg fans with this whole insecurity thing though.
No jabs intended. Just wanted to point out my observations. I feel like your response solified my thoughts. I guess it is better to be hated or loved person and a player than a one that raises no feelings at all, but you are right, it is Laine thread. 7,5M is pretty high if you factor in just his last year. If you evaluate his career in NHL, it is about right amount in this point. No jabs intended here this time either.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Jesus, some people are really thin-skinned about insane predictions a few vocal posters made when he was drafted.
I see the 80-goal season stuff mentioned regularly, along with all kinds of crap about his character.

"Finnish fans this, Finnish fans that."

Stop being cringe.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
LOL! The Laine mafia will never stop making excuses for their primidone's failures. His bad play is always someone else's fault and never Laine himself.

If only NHL teams let Laine do whatever he wants and never ask him to actually play hockey he would score a gazillion goals.

:help:

It's because he doesn't have a center. You cant expect him to do anything himself. LOL

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He's definitely getting traded at the deadline. Wouldn't surprise me if Florida got him to play with Hubs and Bennett on the second line.

Nope. Thank god we acquired Reinhert to take up that money. We dont have cap space. Dont want Laine near our team

Reactions: 5 Hole

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
No jabs intended. Just wanted to point out my observations. I feel like your response solified my thoughts. I guess it is better to be hated or loved person and a player than a one that raises no feelings at all, but you are right, it is Laine thread. 7,5M is pretty high if you factor in just his last year. If you evaluate his career in NHL, it is about right amount in this point. No jabs intended here this time either.

you sure about that? Your 2nd sentence and then the closing one to bringing the attention back to "the no jabs intended" would speak otherwise. I think you forget that both players have been slagged by there post teams. 7.5M is pretty high if you factor in his last couple of years. Money like that usually goes to line drivers. Its Bang on if you are assuming he plays closer to what people hope is his potential. Also that 7.5 is a qualifying offer I doubt its what they wanted to pay him but had to in order to retain him. I myself am a fan of Laine and hope he becomes what we Jets fans hope he would become.. but he has earned the criticism.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
you sure about that? Your 2nd sentence and then the closing one to bringing the attention back to "the no jabs intended" would speak otherwise. I think you forget that both players have been slagged by there post teams. 7.5M is pretty high if you factor in his last couple of years. Money like that usually goes to line drivers. Its Bang on if you are assuming he plays closer to what people hope is his potential. Also that 7.5 is a qualifying offer I doubt its what they wanted to pay him but had to in order to retain him. I myself am a fan of Laine and hope he becomes what we Jets fans hope he would become.. but he has earned the criticism.

I dont know what to say, other than yes i am sure. Criticism is fine, i welcome it. It makes you see things in different point of view and gives a chance to work your problems, witch you might be blind on. But it seems like there are no criticism eanymore regarding to Laine, just slander. But then again if he raises emotion thats better than person who raises no emotions what so ever, i guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00