Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Patrik Laine accepts QO with Blue Jackets (1 year, $7.5M)

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
What about it? Laine was arguably right about the CLB PP coaching. That coaching teams record speaks for itself.

FYI Laine was the Jets best player at the time he was traded, and the only one in the top 6 except for Ehlers who showed some fight and winning attitude.

Keep on hating though, it’s entertaining.

LOL! The Laine mafia will never stop making excuses for their primidone's failures. His bad play is always someone else's fault and never Laine himself.

If only NHL teams let Laine do whatever he wants and never ask him to actually play hockey he would score a gazillion goals.

:help:

Reactions: Conbon and kp61c

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
LOL! The Laine mafia will never stop making excuses for their primidone's failures. His bad play is always someone else's fault and never Laine himself.
Nah. For example in 18-19 his bad play was solely on him alone but he answered with stepping up his game in the playoffs and followed that with his best overall season in 19-20.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The hate this guy gets is unreal. Like did he piss in everyone's mouth or something? Hearing him called hot garbage is ridiculous. I am not even that big a fan of him, but he is at about a 30 goal average for his young career which nowadays is pretty darn good.

It's a bit dumb how people talk about him, and unfairly most of it is due to the small group of people saying he was going to be a 60+ goal scorer (80 goals in one instance). He also has a personality that may run some the wrong way.

All that said he's a perfectly fine hockey player who will score you goals. Even if he isn't the best at any one part of the game he is damn good, just not 7.5M good at this point

Reactions: Auston Escobar

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
he’s a one trick pony. But the trick he possesses is incredibly important. He probably has a top 5 shot in the entire league. He’s going to sulk his way thru to FA and sign to play with his boy Barkov. And Zito is going to look like a genius, he’ll be happy and scoring and Barkov and whoever else is on the line will cover for his defensive deficiencies.
I’ve never seen a shitter all around player that’s capable of drop 50 goals on any given year.

Well, Brett Hull says hello.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
The hate this guy gets is unreal. Like did he piss in everyone's mouth or something? Hearing him called hot garbage is ridiculous. I am not even that big a fan of him, but he is at about a 30 goal average for his young career which nowadays is pretty darn good.
Actually he did piss in everybody's mouth. He threw little who worked like a dog covering up for him on every shift and was loved in the dressing room under the bus when he had a terrible season and needed to blame others. Then when he shit the bed again the following year he decided to throw wheeler and scheifele under the bus cause they were to hard on him according to him . Can you find 3 more all round pros then wheeler scheifele and Little that nobody has a problem with other then laine. He has fallen off so much I don't even think he'll make the Olympic team.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Actually he did piss in everybody's mouth. He threw little who worked like a dog covering up for him on every shift and was loved in the dressing room under the bus when he had a terrible season and needed to blame others. Then when he shit the bed again the following year he decided to throw wheeler and scheifele under the bus cause they were to hard on him according to him . Can you find 3 more all round pros then wheeler scheifele and Little that nobody has a problem with other then laine. He has fallen off so much I don't even think he'll make the Olympic team.

For a reason it was Hull and Oates, not Hull and Cavallini.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

If only NHL teams let Laine do whatever he wants and never ask him to actually play hockey he would score a gazillion goals.

:help:
"You have to cheat if you want to be the goal scoring king" -Laine.

Priorities!

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
What about it? Laine was arguably right about the CLB PP coaching. That coaching teams record speaks for itself.

FYI Laine was the Jets best player at the time he was traded, and the only one in the top 6 except for Ehlers who showed some fight and winning attitude.

Keep on hating though, it’s entertaining.

What about it? Laine just got punted from the Jets for a loser attitude and he immediately gets benched in Cbj for that shit attitude and you can't see the problem, lol.

He was your favorite player when traded, was never the Jets best. Keep praying your idol lives up to your expectations, lol.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Wheeler and Scheifele are over and over blamed for taking over the team and Wheeler of being a bit of an ahole on the Jets board.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
God, what a thread. Few Winnipeg fans bashing on laine, few cbj fans hoping for the best. Some fans have unrealistic expectations. And all these three gangs beating their keyboards to justify their own opinion. ”He said, she said, mu dad is stronger, my opinion is better than yours.”Gotta love the internet.

Hope he bounces back and i hope same to PLD.

Reactions: golgoXIII

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I hope both Laine and PLD can put last season behind them....they were both putrid.....Fingers crossed for both franchises ....

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
LOL that’s literally the definition of being entitled. It doesn’t matter who you are, the coach should be the one making those calls.

Well we are all different, some people speak out and some people talk behind your back. I assume you prefer the latter.
One, there's no actual proof that happened. And, two, even if it is true, it may have been said within a private team setting (therefore not behind Kapanen's back) but not aired publicly.

Reactions: paragon

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Wheeler admitted to treating him poorly. Also, none of the three you mentioned are fans, who I was talking about.

Nov 24, 2006
Can someone tell me the meaning of him signing a one year QO? Does that suggest he's going to walk himself to UFA? Or is he likely to sign long term in Columbus?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He's definitely getting traded at the deadline. Wouldn't surprise me if Florida got him to play with Hubs and Bennett on the second line.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Can someone tell me the meaning of him signing a one year QO? Does that suggest he's going to walk himself to UFA? Or is he likely to sign long term in Columbus?

Columbus had no choice but of give him an QO otherwise he was a UFA. By giving him an QO, CBJ at least assured themselves of a compensation would he sign elsewhere. He has one more year of eligibility as a RFA (so potentially another QO next year) and then he would become UFA.

I still don't undestand the reactions tho. The amount of the QO is written in the NHL rules and is based on the previous season salary, surely CBJ would have offered less if they could, but that was the minimum they could QO him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Only the Laine mafia think that Wheeler is a Ahole.

How dare the captain of the team come down on a player for being selfish, immature and lazy.

Wheeler and his lieutenant Scheifele are hard nosed, serious athletes. That doesn't go over well with the more sensitive modern athlete. The authority structure in sports is all out of whack just like most segments of society.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00