OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I unfollowed him bc he made too many political posts...but also ppl began calling him out for not sourcing his material...and he's a UK guy...so I can't like him for SEC reasons lol
Yeah he does do the political thing quite a bit. I don’t honestly mind that for the most part. What does annoy me is the constant retweeting of the same thing. My entire feed is him. But I’ve seen a few gems from him that have me rolling so it’s worth it.

Reactions: Fro

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah he does do the political thing quite a bit. I don’t honestly mind that for the most part. What does annoy me is the constant retweeting of the same thing. My entire feed is him. But I’ve seen a few gems from him that have me rolling so it’s worth it.

Yea, re-tweeting people re-tweeting him is what is bothersome to me.....but I still follow.

Reactions: Socks

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Zoomed past a highway patrol car going 15 MPH over the limit this morning. While I am happy I wasn't pulled over, I am very disappointed in myself that I didn't notice the car. I am SUPER attentive when I drive because I do drive fast every time I drive. Clean driving record, though.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Just had this made - I think it came out pretty good.

Attachments

• 6B6CA559-5468-426F-BD0C-26BB3FB62002.jpeg
    6B6CA559-5468-426F-BD0C-26BB3FB62002.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 10

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Woo, cabin fever returns because the incautious jerks ruined it for everybody like we always knew they would:
Ohio capital city issues stay-at-home order to slow virus | WANE 15
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Residents of Ohio’s capital city and the surrounding county should stay at home as much as possible and not have guests inside their homes, including on Thanksgiving Day, according to an advisory stay-at-home order issued Wednesday by public health directors.

People living in Columbus and Franklin County are also advised to avoid traveling in and out of state, based on the order by Columbus Health Commissioner Dr. Mysheika Roberts and Franklin County Health Commissioner Joe Mazzola.

[...] It follows an increase in the local seven-day average of COVID-19 cases from 143 on Oct. 1 to 742 on Nov. 15. Local positivity rates have also jumped from 3.7% the week of Sept. to 12.5% as of last week.

Reactions: We Want Ten

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I saw (and wasn't successful with google search) on one of social medias the RBAR may be in trouble? I believe I saw a go fund me? Game day (if we ever get back to a normal game day) wouldn't be the same if true.

Reactions: koteka

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I saw (and wasn't successful with google search) on one of social medias the RBAR may be in trouble? I believe I saw a go fund me? Game day (if we ever get back to a normal game day) wouldn't be the same if true.

One of the owners posted on social media that they would appreciate if people came by because they have lost hockey traffic, other Arena District event traffic, holiday parties, etc. The owners are great people who do a lot for Columbus. I plan on dropping by for some carry out food a couple of times.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
High school hockey keeps growing in central Ohio. There are 16 central Ohio high schools with varsity hockey this season and 7 with junior varsity teams as well. Plus there are several hockey clubs for the kids at other area high schools to play high school hockey.

The CBJ have been a big part of the reason. Both by inspiring kids to pick up the game, and through donations to local hockey programs. High school hockey is not a cheap sport. Local high schools have to buy ice time for practice and games. I am glad the McConnell foundation helps support high school hockey.

McConnell Education Foundation to award grants to 36 HS hockey teams

In keeping with its mission to support the development of youth and amateur hockey, the Columbus Blue Jackets announced today that the McConnell Education Foundation will award grants to 36 Columbus-area high school hockey programs for the 23rd consecutive year.

Since 1998, the McConnell Education Foundation has offered philanthropic support for high school hockey in greater Columbus with the cumulative donations exceeding $1.5 million. Grants support varsity and junior varsity teams from the Capital Hockey Conference and the Ohio Scholastic Hockey League.

"High School sports are part of the fabric of our community and giving young people the opportunity to play hockey for their schools has been an important component of the McConnell family's efforts to grow the game in Central Ohio," said Blue Jackets President Mike Priest. "We congratulate these outstanding teams that continue to provide exemplary experiences and competition for their student-athletes."

This year's programs receiving grants include high school varsity and junior varsity teams in the Capital Hockey Conference representing Bishop Watterson, Columbus Academy, Dublin Coffman, Dublin Jerome, Dublin Scioto, Gahanna Lincoln, New Albany, Olentangy, Olentangy Berlin, Olentangy Liberty, Olentangy Orange, St. Charles Preparatory School, St. Francis DeSales, Thomas Worthington, Upper Arlington and Worthington Kilbourne.

Additional varsity and junior varsity programs in the Ohio Scholastic Hockey League awarded grants include the Athens Bobcats, the Columbus Ice Hockey Club (representing Columbus City Schools and Columbus Recreation and Parks Department), Hilliard Wildcats, Newark Generals, Northeast Storm (representing Bexley and Johnstown), PHA Prowlers (representing Pickerington, Reynoldsburg, Pataskala, Canal Winchester) and Westerville Warcats.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
So I had an injection in my eye today.

I have a central retinal vein occlusion that is causing me to lose vision in my left eye. It’s basically a blood clot. Don’t know why it’s happening. I had a branched occlusion happen last year and I lost a little vision but in the past couple weeks it’s gotten significantly worse by the day. Had all sorts of testing done then and we never figured out why it happened at that time either. Hopefully this injection will kickstart my eye into dissolving the clot.

No matter what though this really sucks.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So I had an injection in my eye today.

I have a central retinal vein occlusion that is causing me to lose vision in my left eye. It’s basically a blood clot. Don’t know why it’s happening. I had a branched occlusion happen last year and I lost a little vision but in the past couple weeks it’s gotten significantly worse by the day. Had all sorts of testing done then and we never figured out why it happened at that time either. Hopefully this injection will kickstart my eye into dissolving the clot.

No matter what though this really sucks.
Ick. :( Hope things improve for you.

Reactions: Socks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad