OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I have a Traeger, and it's great for smoking food. For regular items like burgers or steaks, stick to a traditional grill.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Gosh, it sure is "fun" to start getting emergency alerts for things other than tornadoes.

Stay safe y'all.

I live in Grandview and can smell the tear gas from downtown wafting through my window as I type this. I'm guessing the 10pm curfew isn't going over real well.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
outside my building this morning

101296838_10216699578937528_6288851858249220096_o.jpg

...and tonite.

101755287_10216705061354585_3903204736018415616_o.jpg

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I am very interested to see if I can find out why 34-53 foot long charter buses just drove past my building downtown.

And why my co-worker's husband was called in by DHS today when he wasn't supposed to work from the office until July.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I'm just going to go ahead and presume this (the petition, not the article about it) is intended as satire, because otherwise I don't think I want to live on this planet anymore.

Since the statues of the Civil War leaders (both Union and Confederate) are now being torn down, it would only be right for the Blue Jackets to acknowledge the inherent racism in a team name with ties to slavery and change it to something more suitable for the current times.

If we are going to live in a place called Flavortown, then I would suggest changing the team name to the Flavortown Flavor Flavs. Goodbye to a team name with ugly, racist overtones and Hello to one that pays homage to a black life. The team jersey's cannon logo can be replaced by a large clock on the chest. Also, the firing of the cannon after a home team goal will be replaced by a statue of Flav yelling, "Yeahhhhh, Boyyyyyy".

If our team can't get with the times and make these changes to prove they're not racist, then I don't think that I in good conscience can follow them any more.

*end sarcasm*

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Since the statues of the Civil War leaders (both Union and Confederate) are now being torn down, it would only be right for the Blue Jackets to acknowledge the inherent racism in a team name with ties to slavery and change it to something more suitable for the current times.

If we are going to live in a place called Flavortown, then I would suggest changing the team name to the Flavortown Flavor Flavs. Goodbye to a team name with ugly, racist overtones and Hello to one that pays homage to a black life. The team jersey's cannon logo can be replaced by a large clock on the chest. Also, the firing of the cannon after a home team goal will be replaced by a statue of Flav yelling, "Yeahhhhh, Boyyyyyy".

If our team can't get with the times and make these changes to prove they're not racist, then I don't think that I in good conscience can follow them any more.

*end sarcasm*

LOL I'm not sure if I should be liking or deleting this but I'm going with like first and we'll see where that gets us.

Reactions: Viqsi

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

From one of the two main investigative reporters on the Epstein story.

Les is getting got.

Les is a strange bird. Some speculation that he was gay (just used his wife as a beard), so that is only thing I found odd about the story.
But pretty well known to get to Les in past you had to go thru Epstein. So it was a much tighter relationship than Les is saying, and that will likely come out with witnesses.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
How would the Blue Jackets be racist? We were in the north and fought FOR the freedom of slaves.

My post was meant to be satirical; you and I think alike on this topic but some in our society don't agree with us, as demonstrated by them tearing down statues memorializing Union leaders and Abolitionists who wanted to end slavery.

I understand that The Emancipation Memorial is next on the agenda of "woke" people to destroy tonight.

Reactions: thebus88

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
My post was meant to be satirical; you and I think alike on this topic but some in our society don't agree with us, as demonstrated by them tearing down statues memorializing Union leaders and Abolitionists who wanted to end slavery.

I understand that The Emancipation Memorial is next on the agenda of "woke" people to destroy tonight.

Jokes aside, I think this is a fascinating subject. We have a lot of complex historical figures in our history. How do we commemorate them for the good things they did while simultaneously condemning the bad things they did? Should we somehow contextualize statues?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad