OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Wow. Kobe Bryant killed in a helicopter accident. Sad 41 years old. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Edit: Just wanted to edit my post. There were four other people aboard the plane. At this time it is unknown who these people are but they deserve the same respect from me. RIP.

yeah just read one of the other passengers was his 13-year-old daughter?
Again, there are presumably others not Bryant or those related who also deserve condolences.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
awkward transition...

....I got a new toy

82849792_10215607796803657_414510746890665984_n.jpg

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
At least the Indy car race is still on this weekend. .. no spectators but they running in Tampa / St Pete ..
Least they aren't shutting down like the rest of the sports world. Something to watch too.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I turned 30 on January 4.

And my 30s are so far off to a rough start.

I had to leave the condo I had spent my entire adult life in during that month, as it was falling apart, and perhaps more importantly, my father, who I've been taking care of for years, couldn't handle stairs anymore. We moved into a ground-level apartment in the county I had spent my entire life in, but in a different school district than the one that had been my home.

I hadn't even lived there for 2 weeks when on January 23, my father went into cardiac arrest and was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was 63. He also had many other health problems, like lung cancer, but ultimately it was his heart that failed him.

So for the second time in a month, I had to move. I moved in with my mother, who left my dad over 5 years ago, and her boyfriend, in another county.

My troubles were not over.

As the year progressed, the COVID-19 situation got worse and worse. A lot of things in my life have been affected. I can't go shop at the grocery store for the things I want. I have to order online (well my mother does all that work). And oftentimes, I don't get everything I ask for because of stock shortages. I also can't go out to eat at a restaurant. I can't go out to do anything. I have a health condition that puts me at high risk for COVID-19.

Frankly, I did not anticipate it getting this bad. I thought it was gonna be another one of those things like Ebola which was restricted largely to third world countries. But this virus is smarter than the average virus.

One year ago, if I said "I was never going to live during a pandemic", I would have been wrong.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I had to leave the condo I had spent my entire adult life in during that month, as it was falling apart, and perhaps more importantly, my father, who I've been taking care of for years, couldn't handle stairs anymore. We moved into a ground-level apartment in the county I had spent my entire life in, but in a different school district than the one that had been my home.

I hadn't even lived there for 2 weeks when on January 23, my father went into cardiac arrest and was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was 63. He also had many other health problems, like lung cancer, but ultimately it was his heart that failed him.

So for the second time in a month, I had to move. I moved in with my mother, who left my dad over 5 years ago, and her boyfriend, in another county.

As the year progressed, the COVID-19 situation got worse and worse. A lot of things in my life have been affected. I can't go shop at the grocery store for the things I want. I have to order online (well my mother does all that work). And oftentimes, I don't get everything I ask for because of stock shortages. I also can't go out to eat at a restaurant. I can't go out to do anything. I have a health condition that puts me at high risk for COVID-19.

Frankly, I did not anticipate it getting this bad. I thought it was gonna be another one of those things like Ebola which was restricted largely to third world countries. But this virus is smarter than the average virus.

One year ago, if I said "I was never going to live during a pandemic", I would have been wrong.

Prayers and good thoughts your way, Big Man. Take care of yourself.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Sorry to hear. May your father's memory be a blessing, particularly during these tough times. (I've had lots of worries about my parents lately as well, but they beat cancer about the same time that COVID-19 showed up, so it's been less "everything piling up" and more "one after another".)

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Sort of Random - but does anyone have a extra Columbus Dispatch newspaper of the Sweep of the Tampa Bay lighting ? I’m from Syracuse and had a copy- some how it’s missing (pretty sure my wife threw it away) anyway - I’d be willing to pay for it- thanks

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I don’t have one, but I’ve eaten steak and burgers at a friends house cooked on a pellet grill. I thought the taste was underwhelming. The presentation or look was off, too. Coulda been the chef, though.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I don’t have one, but I’ve eaten steak and burgers at a friends house cooked on a pellet grill. I thought the taste was underwhelming. The presentation or look was off, too. Coulda been the chef, though.

Depending upon the pellet grill, it might not have been hot enough. I was looking to use more for long smokes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad