OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Has anyone seen The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix yet? That first short story with Tim Blake Nelson is top notch Coen Brothers.

I felt the same, first 2 (esp the first one) were great, the rest not so much.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Speaking of dark, if you are able to handle the subject matter, Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix is the most jaw dropping documentary I have seen in a long time.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
20190213_170207.jpg
20190213_170159.jpg
20190213_170155.jpg

Since I know from memory that 2ft of snow can be rare in Central Ohio, here's a few for you all to enjoy.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Here to admit that I have failed in my Columbus Blue Jacket fandom this week. I've been off work for medical leave since December, so I have went to a couple CBJ games in that time. I have Full STH (2.5 hrs away) so I sometimes go on a whim... Was planning on going to both games this week, but had other things come up. Went to see a dog at the SPCA on Tuesday around noon... I also happen to fall in love with any dog that I see or spend time with. Anyways, we found a mixed pit bull that was a shelter favorite and there since November that needed a home. My wife, let me adopt him. Named him Leo Marvin. Planned on going to the game on Thursday, but I felt bad about putting him in his cage for most of the day and night, when we had just adopted him. So, we visited my mom to watch the hockey game with the puppy. Hope to make it to a game next week, when the dog feels a little bit more "at home" and my wife can watch him.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
It was 65 degrees here in Northern Europe yesterday which is truly exceptional for February I must say.

Yay!

Reactions: Sore Loser

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Speaking of dark, if you are able to handle the subject matter, Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix is the most jaw dropping documentary I have seen in a long time.
As a parent I really wanted to strangle that mom. At least the dad acted like he felt ashamed. Which he should be.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Must be nice. My back yard this afternoon:

Edit: that's a 6-ft fence.

The good news is that the winter is nearly over and these are the very last weeks of your suffering. Due to the weather I mean and not for being a fan of this franchise which is something entirely different.

Its the contrast which makes the spring/summer more enjoyable so hold on, it will all be fine!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Anybody else having Power Fun with the high winds? We've been getting blinks here, my sister's house is blacked out, and I heard stories of a pole on fire along North Star Road...

jacketsgeek

Gimme some bread , man!
Sep 30, 2007
Pickerington, OH
Gang, don’t know if this is the place to post... They play a song as the Jackets come on the ice, for the first period only, with the lyrics ‘This is my time’ and ‘my heart is beating to the sound of a battle drum.’ Can some tell me the name/artist??

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Every spring, There is a poker tournament/silent auction in memory of my dear friend Kevin Coughlin that benefits a local pet rescue. Kev was a HUGE CBJ fan, gone too soon 5 years ago. I actually met him first at Black Tie BlueJackets years ago. Big Hearted guy, always out to help others. The event in his memory, hosted by his wife Barb, has a silent auction featuring tons of CBJ stuff. Last year, I picked up a signed Clitsome practice jersey and a Hockey Fights Cancer (with Foundation COA) McElhinney sweater. Other CBJ items last year were one-of-a-kind lights, signed photos, signed pucks, Signed replica jerseys, game-used sticks (Rick Nash), tickets for a game next season (116 row E), Logo wear, etc. Don't know yet what will be this year's goodies. In addition, there were vacations at a BnB, other sports memorabilia, and lots of pet-related items in the auction. You don't have to play poker to come and bid! If you do play poker... Well, that benefits the shelter, too.

I will post the flyer once it is available.
Last year, folks gave me some good-natured heat about "keeping this quiet" to increase my chances of scoring some great items in the auction. SO... Here is your heads up! JOIN US. BID on the silent auction, play poker help abused pets.... honor a true CBJ guy!

When: April 13
Where: SHARK TANK Poker Club 1508 Bethel Rd, Columbus, OH 43220
Time: Noon start for Poker Tourney (Drop in to bid any time 12-3)
Why: Support animal rescue, a cause near and dear to Kevin's heart. Get some awesome items in the silent auction

Last edited:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I got two 0.7L bottles of Beluga vodka to watch the Tampa onslaught. I know it will help.

Highly recommended btw. I mean that brand

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
For those (like me) who often spend as much time here as on any other media, the Cathdreal of Notre Dame in Paris is on serious fire, and no that's not a metaphor. Check Twitter or Google. It's tragic and somehow a comment on impermanence no matter how old or venerated a symbol something is. Or, tl;dr, Damn.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
That looks terrible. I was able to visit it about 20 years ago and it's a beautiful building. That fire looks devastating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad