OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
For those who haven't asked but wondered... no, Sam is not dealing with a health or personal issue or anything that is affecting his real life. The vagueness is just because the reasons for his departure are best not discussed in an open forum. Again, as I posted in the GDT, if you are genuinely interested, shoot me a PM (that's a Conversation in the "new" platform parlance).

Reactions: Viqsi

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I will also add that I'm not wedded (not speaking for SuperGenius) to creating Game Day threads, nor to the format of the OP in them. If you're on the site and there's no GDT on a game day, feel free to make one. And if you are the creative type and want to go all-out, that's fine by me -- within site rules, of course.

Thanks, all.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Public Service Announcement: never allow yourself to have to do business with Pop-A-Lock Of Columbus. Locked my keys in my car yesterday afternoon (oops), called roadside assistance, got told someone from Pop-A-Lock would be there in 45 minutes... and then Pop-A-Lock tacked on another half hour, and then another, and another, and another... repeat until I was there for three hours, and the kid who did eventually show up was a teenage trainee whose only company-provided tools were an airbag and a length of half-inch steel cable wrapped in electrical tape which proved insufficient for opening the lock. Had to leave the car overnight and come back to it today. Fortunately my roadside assistance folks (Agero by way of Nationwide - and yes, I picked Nationwide because of the Jackets, I'm silly like that sometimes) were sympathetic to my insisting that those guys not be called in again, and the replacement guy arrived early and had actual useful tools.

Oh, and I certainly didn't hear any stories from anyone who may or may not have showed up about Pop-A-Lock dispatchers hanging up on customers or anything like that. Nope, not at all. But I will say that that trainee tried his best under the circumstances; I hope he gets a better job somewhere else someday because they seriously don't deserve him.

If you're ever in a bind and you find out that these are the guys you're waiting on, I seriously suggest you call your provider and ask them to change who they're sending.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

Attachments

• Legacy accident 12.06.jpg
    Legacy accident 12.06.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 7

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Merry Christmas you filthy animals. I hope some of you use this time to get your blood pressure down a bit :laugh:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Take care, all of you. Been a whole lot of ups and downs throughout the last 15 years but at the end, it’s been a complete pleasure on my end. Take care.

You put a lot of time into this place but good soldiers never die they just fade away... You were tough but fair, to much time on message boards can be difficult, I know... I never did meet you as I have with many here, I wish you well ... R

Reactions: pete goegan

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I have been having a recurring Blue-Jackets themed nightmare:

I'm at a Blue Jackets game and have forgotten something (coat, binoculars, souvenir cup, program) at my seat. I have to climb a labyrinth of stairs and escalators (it's always broad daylight on one of the staircases despite the nightmare occurring at a night game) to get to the upper deck. When I get to the upper deck (the seating bowl looks like a 1950s or earlier arena) I have to dodge cleaning crew to get to my seat and retrieve the item.

The comedic part of the nightmare is that there is always at least one (sometimes more) stair or escalator with ticket/Blue Line/CBJ Foundation ads being read by a creepy animatronic Nick Foligno sitting on a chairlift.

Any idea why I'm having these nightmares? I figured fellow Blue Jackets fans might be able to help me.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, my only other recurring nightmare is roller skating (old-school skates, not rollerblades) out of control off the edge of a ramp near the top of skyscrapers in what looks like a neon-heavy dystopian future from an 80s sci-fi film. I always wake up as I start to fall.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I have been having a recurring Blue-Jackets themed nightmare:

I'm at a Blue Jackets game and have forgotten something (coat, binoculars, souvenir cup, program) at my seat. I have to climb a labyrinth of stairs and escalators (it's always broad daylight on one of the staircases despite the nightmare occurring at a night game) to get to the upper deck. When I get to the upper deck (the seating bowl looks like a 1950s or earlier arena) I have to dodge cleaning crew to get to my seat and retrieve the item.

The comedic part of the nightmare is that there is always at least one (sometimes more) stair or escalator with ticket/Blue Line/CBJ Foundation ads being read by a creepy animatronic Nick Foligno sitting on a chairlift.

Any idea why I'm having these nightmares? I figured fellow Blue Jackets fans might be able to help me.

As long as Rod Serling doesn't make an appearance I think you'll be fine.

I don't recall ever having a dream good or bad about the Jackets; does that make me less of a fan than those who have lol.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Serling graduated from Antioch College in Yellow Springs and worked at Channel 10 in Columbus and a station in Cincinnati before moving to the New York area to write TV shows.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Has anyone seen The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix yet? That first short story with Tim Blake Nelson is top notch Coen Brothers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad