LeBrun: CBJ likely to trade Josh Anderson

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Columbus fans please help with 411 for information. If anderson signed a make good 1 year deal after 2020. Would be he a ufa after 2021? Determines a whole lot of the value you get back and or risk other team must make in giving Anderson multi year deal after the trade..

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Columbus fans please help with 411 for information. If anderson signed a make good 1 year deal after 2020. Would be he a ufa after 2021? Determines a whole lot of the value you get back and or risk other team must make in giving Anderson multi year deal after the trade..
He would be. That's a large part of why we don't want to trade him and why the discussions are so consistently problematic - it puts a great deal of risk on anyone possibly acquiring him, and so folks would want to bring the price down accordingly. Given the choice between us assuming that risk in the form of such a reduced trade value return, or just gambling on keeping him ourselves, the latter seems the better bet. We've got steady depth already, after all; we need guys who are special. Having a legit power forward would qualify.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
He would be. That's a large part of why we don't want to trade him and why the discussions are so consistently problematic - it puts a great deal of risk on anyone possibly acquiring him, and so folks would want to bring the price down accordingly. Given the choice between us assuming that risk in the form of such a reduced trade value return, or just gambling on keeping him ourselves, the latter seems the better bet.
IF Anderson doesn't extend long term and will only sign 1 year deal with new team then you are only getting a 2,3 for Anderson. And if wanted to keep and gamble instead of a 2,3 deal I completely understand.

Reactions: Fro and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
IF Anderson doesn't extend long term and will only sign 1 year deal with new team then you are only getting a 2,3 for Anderson. And if wanted to keep and gamble instead of a 2,3 deal I completely understand.
Yeah; the gamble is preferred to that kind of return. If we wanted picks, we'd offer other depth guys - particularly on the blueline.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'll take a swing at this (especially since I think the E Kane return is the approx value so I've not stake in a 1-1 trade).

I'd probably look at someone like Iafollo (year older, slightly less production totals prior to Andy's lost season but a position of need). I feel like I want to say JPG, but at the end of the day Andy does still have an RFA year vs a UFA.

Not an easy task when trying to factor team needs for the CBJ and a prospective partner in. CBJ doesn't really need another RW or D, or G. C is the real need or a LW improvement. Likely need someone in the mid 20s to have a similar contract situation or else you end up with a younger palyer than performs less or an older player about to see a drop in production. It's a lot easier to go for that Kane return or to add Andy to a package (but NOT like that one proposed in another thread with Savard and Vornokov for Marner); maybe Andy + pick for Domi.
That pick better be your unprotected 1st or get lost.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Stop right there. The point is that there are no Jackets fans who want to have that conversation anymore, because we've reiterated our position on the matter over and over and over and over and over and people still refuse to listen.

In the last four months...
  1. Proposal: - Nylander,Johnsson,Robertson,Bracco to CBJ (borderline, since Andy is a throw-in rather than the centerpiece)
  2. Proposal: - Montreal & Columbus
  3. Value of: - Toronto Maple Leafs are too soft - need a Tom Wilson/Josh Anderson/Patric Hornqvist type player
  4. Value of: - Josh Anderson to BOS
  5. Value of: - Josh Anderson - Columbus
  6. Value of: - Bruins RW need
  7. Proposal: - Tor & Cbj
  8. Speculation: - Josh Anderson is on pace for 10 points, time for a change of scenery?
  9. Proposal: - CGY/DET or CGY/CBJ
  10. Proposal: - EDM - CBJ
  11. Proposal: - Leafs-Jackets (not in the OP, but the thread got hijacked by Andy talk shortly thereafter)
  12. Proposal: - CBJ - TOR (ditto above re: hijacked by Andy talk)
  13. Proposal: - J. Anderson for Jankowski
  14. Proposal: - Nick Foligno and Josh Anderson to the Sabres
  15. Proposal: - Columbus - Rangers
  16. Speculation: - CBJ Asks from EDM for Josh Anderson...
  17. Value of: - Josh Anderson
  18. Proposal: - Sam Bennett for Josh Anderson
  19. Proposal: - Habs & Columbus
  20. Proposal: - Mtl/Clb
  21. Value of: - Josh Anderson (CBJ) To Vancouver
  22. ...and now this thread.
Saying "every fanbase gets bad offers" with regard to Anderson this season is like telling a cancer patient that everybody gets health problems now and again. Trade proposals for Rick f***ing Nash did not receive this level of obsessive persistence.
Proposal 2 was someone offering Bryon and the Habs 1st rd pick.Disgusting for the Habs.
Proposal 19 was made by the same poster that made that awful #2 proposal .

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I'd love Anderson on the Avs, but I don't see a trade being there if CBJ is dead-set on getting a 2C in return. And as much faith as Sakic has shown in Jost over his short career so far, I doubt Joe would send Kadri to CBJ.

If you guys decide to do something based around futures, though, Sakic should be able to offer a decently attractive package. I just know Bednar will be banging on Joe's door to trade for Anderson if he does become available.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Apparently Buffalo was close to getting Anderson...I'd bet on it happening at the draft.

Spacehabs

Mar 3, 2020
As a Habs fan I would give nothing more than a late second round from STL and a third. Maybe CBJ want to recoup some draft capital if not it's too much of a risk in my eyes.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
As a Habs fan I would give nothing more than a late second round from STL and a third. Maybe CBJ want to recoup some draft capital if not it's too much of a risk in my eyes.

If we are to move him bc he wont re-sign, and a pkg for a 2C isnt able to, yeah 2 2nds, a 2& early 3...probably would be it...but those are if we are unable to keep him...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If we are to move him bc he wont re-sign, and a pkg for a 2C isnt able to, yeah 2 2nds, a 2& early 3...probably would be it...but those are if we are unable to keep him...
...and that's a decision that's likely not going to be made until around this time next year.

Reactions: Monk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad