LeBrun: CBJ likely to trade Josh Anderson

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Might make for a better discussion if you provided reasons why not.
I figured Columbus wants to make a hockey trade when they deal Anderson, receiving a player to fill the void he leaves and keep them competitive. Pearson is on pace for 55 points and 26 goals this year. You could do a lot worse than him. And like I said, from Vancouver's perspective, it's mainly about cap and not because Pearson is a bad player or anything. Benning has just mismanaged the cap to the point where we need to get creative with solutions to free up cap space.

It makes absolutely zero sense for the Jackets to swap Josh Anderson for Pearson. Your best argument is that they could do worse. The best thing about his value is not what he’s done, but what he is on pace for. Not much else needs to be said.

I’m not buying the info in the OP to be honest. Also, Anderson has improved each season of his career, aside from the one with a cold start that was quickly derailed due to injuries.

If Tanner Pearson is their best offer, they’re better off keeping him and hoping for the best.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It makes absolutely zero sense for the Jackets to swap Josh Anderson for Pearson. Your best argument is that they could do worse. The best thing about his value is not what he’s done, but what he is on pace for. Not much else needs to be said.

I’m not buying the info in the OP to be honest. Also, Anderson has improved each season of his career, aside from the one with a cold start that was quickly derailed due to injuries.

If Tanner Pearson is their best offer, they’re better off keeping him and hoping for the best.

As a Pens fan, I can see why you feel that way towards Pearson. He’s a productive player in the right role. It’s a hockey trade to keep Columbus competitive with a good 2nd liner. The original offer I posted included a B prospect/mid round pick as well.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It seems weird that he'd need that "change of scenery", considering it's basically the same scenery that saw him "break out" as a guy who can actually score. But sometimes that stuff behind the scenes just goes sour i guess.

Hard to see a team giving up a huge amount for him, just to negotiate a risky RFA contract with him. Especially coming off an injury. He's almost in that same sort of category as a guy like Michael Ferland as a UFA last year. The big physical middle-6 winger who can maybe score you 15-20G and 30Pts if they spend enough of that time in a skilled Top-6. You want these guys in your Top-9, but you have to be so careful in what you actually pay them...because they're not play drivers, and they're not true "Top-6 Forwards". They're not even really "true" 20G scorers, if they spend their days down crashing and banging in the bottom-half of the lineup without PP time. The durability is also questionable. It's a hard style of play to sustain 82 times a year, and still be in fighting form when it comes time for the playoffs where you really want these guys.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs and CBJ seems to regularly trade with each other...I think he would be a perfect addition to the AVs amd there is a spot ready as a 3C.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Too bad Canucks moved Madden, he could have been the C prospect going back in a deal for Anderson. I would like to have Anderson on the Canucks, but don't think the GM will have the ability to make a move like this.

If we make the playoffs and we play a team like has size and hits hard Canucks are going to get injured and bullied as per usual...never addressed the need to find players with size AND the ability to contribute for 10 years. So I don't expect much playoff success with a Sedin-esque line up and mentality

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Might not be popular but if we can sign Anderson to a deal I would give up Hoglander as part of the package to get him.

You have to give up something to get something!

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Pearson+Gaudette for Anderson?

What do CBJ fans think about this?

A 2nd line winger and 3c both on pace for 40-50 points.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Without a doubt this. Not to mention Pearson has 1 year left then UFA.

Shame CBJ couldnt get hometown JT Miller last summer. Ofc hes having career year and the ask would be too high

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad