LeBrun: CBJ likely to trade Josh Anderson

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
I’d say he’s a 2B 3A winger, and unfortunately Teams rarely give up big pieces for truculence

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Player A - Career high 32 points, then a season with 30 goals 46 points... physical winger, intangibles, can fight. Player A had a bad season after that, dropped down to 15 goals, 24 points, season injury shortened.
Player B - Career high 30 points, then a season with 27 goals, 47 points... physical winger, intangibles, can fight. Player B had a bad season after that, dropped down to 1 goal, 4 points, season injury shortened.

Player A got a $5.25 million contract for that performance 8.6% of cap, equivalent of $7.224 today.... Player A's best season after that was 10 goals, 15 points.

Buyer beware. Until you back up that "one" good year, it's a one hit wonder, and not the value of that one hit.

Reactions: Fro

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Player A - Career high 32 points, then a season with 30 goals 46 points... physical winger, intangibles, can fight. Player A had a bad season after that, dropped down to 15 goals, 24 points, season injury shortened.
Player B - Career high 30 points, then a season with 27 goals, 47 points... physical winger, intangibles, can fight. Player B had a bad season after that, dropped down to 1 goal, 4 points, season injury shortened.

Player A got a $5.25 million contract for that performance 8.6% of cap, equivalent of $7.224 today.... Player A's best season after that was 10 goals, 15 points.

Buyer beware. Until you back up that "one" good year, it's a one hit wonder, and not the value of that one hit.
27g 2018
19g 2017
17g 2016

Just stop...

Reactions: mikeyp24

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
27g 2018
19g 2017
17g 2016

Just stop...

As opposed to backup years of 17 and 15 goals, for player A?

Point being, his value isn’t that of the one good year. Sure, maybe that of a 30 point guy, with physicality and more of a goals guy, than assists.

Let’s say you obtain him, then you have to deal with Ferris on a new contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Quincy

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Player A was also three years older than Player B is now, and never had anywhere near the number of assists. And his "bad season after" wasn't injury shortened, it was shortened by the lockout; he actually played in every game that season. And Player A took more games to score fewer goals in the seasons prior.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Not reading through the whole thing here to find out if it was suggested or not. But wouldn’t a 1 year deal be the most sensible for everyone involved here?

I get guys get injured, have off years, etc. But how does his agent or the team properly evaluate his worth at this point.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Not reading through the whole thing here to find out if it was suggested or not. But wouldn’t a 1 year deal be the most sensible for everyone involved here?

I get guys get injured, have off years, etc. But how does his agent or the team properly evaluate his worth at this point.

Sounds like both sides don't trust each other at this point, and a one year deal will be difficult.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017

They take the best offer and move on. Nobody is going to offer a ton for a player who has 4 points this season. If Columbus was smart they'd keep him and rebuild his value next year.

No team is going to break the bank for him. As for the leafs I wouldn't want to give up more than Bracco for him.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Sounds like both sides don't trust each other at this point, and a one year deal will be difficult.
That’s too bad really. For everyone involved.

Odd coming out of Columbus though. They don’t strike me as an organization that is unfair in their player dealings.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
That’s too bad really. For everyone involved.

Odd coming out of Columbus though. They don’t strike me as an organization that is unfair in their player dealings.

Darren Ferris is involved.... It's his M.O., that he will be asking $6-7 mil per, with term.... Columbus probably, and rightfully so, said pound sand.

Even the most optimistic fan of his, I mean, you'd have to admit that his value isn't that... and unfortunately with Ferris, he's going to be saying, 30 goal scorer, with the physical edge.... compare 30 goal scorers contracts...

Reactions: Merrrlin

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Darren Ferris is involved.... It's his M.O., that he will be asking $6-7 mil per, with term.... Columbus probably, and rightfully so, said pound sand.

Even the most optimistic fan of his, I mean, you'd have to admit that his value isn't that... and unfortunately with Ferris, he's going to be saying, 30 goal scorer, with the physical edge.... compare 30 goal scorers contracts...
Ya have heard some of the Ferris stories before. Reminds me of Boras. Just throw out reality land with those guys.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Would love him on the Leafs. Having Hyman on one line and him on the other would really balance things out. Problem is, I have no idea what his value is. There arent many comparables. Hes had a strange start to his career. You hope if you brought him in he could be a 20/20 power forward.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I get this gross feeling like he's going to end up on the Bruins or Lightning, and somehow they are going to get him for scraps. He will then proceed to score 30 and become a beast.

Darren Ferris. You may remember him from the Mitch Marner negotiations. ;)

And he'd probably get a raise based on last season alone. He's got a $1.85m AAV.

Oh God not Ferris.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Would Columbus entertain a Pearson for Anderson swap? It would help the Canucks' cap problems (assuming Anderson signs for a bit less than Pearson). Canucks could throw in a B prospect/mid round pick if the value is off.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
most definitely not

Might make for a better discussion if you provided reasons why not.
I figured Columbus wants to make a hockey trade when they deal Anderson, receiving a player to fill the void he leaves and keep them competitive. Pearson is on pace for 55 points and 26 goals this year. You could do a lot worse than him. And like I said, from Vancouver's perspective, it's mainly about cap and not because Pearson is a bad player or anything. Benning has just mismanaged the cap to the point where we need to get creative with solutions to free up cap space.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Might make for a better discussion if you provided reasons why not.
I figured Columbus wants to make a hockey trade when they deal Anderson, receiving a player to fill the void he leaves and keep them competitive. Pearson is on pace for 55 points and 26 goals this year. You could do a lot worse than him. And like I said, from Vancouver's perspective, it's mainly about cap and not because Pearson is a bad player or anything. Benning has just mismanaged the cap to the point where we need to get creative with solutions to free up cap space.

Columbus needs centers. As well if Anderson is signing for under 3.75 million, you keep him.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad