Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Jackets sign Anthony Duclair [1 year/$650,000 1-way]

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
He's worth more than this. As much as he might say not living up to potential he's more productive than a lot of bottom 6 players.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
LOL at everyone saying why Bergevin hasn't signed him.

It's finally a good news for us guys, enjoy.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Therein lies the problem. Duclair has first-line skills and speed, but lacks in his decision-making, and doesn't match up defensively against other teams' first lines. He certainly does not have 4th-line grit as a back-checker or penalty killer. Perhaps the right linemates and coaching can correct these problems.

Despite all that, this sounds like a great signing for Columbus.
1st line skill and speed.. not that great defensively, lacks 4th line grit and PK ability.. Sam Gagner signing 2.0

Reactions: Tripod

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Hearing why Montreal wouldn’t sign him, I’m sure they did, but the circus in Montreal doesn’t give him another contract afterward

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A fine gamble that he can finally figure it out. But, he could easily be on waivers by December.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Who cares if the habs didn't get him, the guy f***ing sucks.

Habs have no room on the wings anyways...where does he fit on the LW?

Pacioretty
Domi
Byron
Hudon

I guess you can trade Pacioretty and stick Duclair on the 4th line, or sign some other UFA for 650k. Or use Deslauriers

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Great depth signing, and could be an incredibly valuable signing if he has a season like Gagner had on his 1-yr, league minimum deal.

I think we can comfortably roll all four lines now, which isn’t a luxury we had last season.

Barring any trades:

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Nash-Anderson
Milano-Dubinsky-Duclair

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't know if I like the fit with Torts, but I wish him the best. I think his style could have been a great fit in Pittsburgh.

Very good signing for Columbus at that price though.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Great depth signing, and could be an incredibly valuable signing if he has a season like Gagner had on his 1-yr, league minimum deal.

I think we can comfortably roll all four lines now, which isn’t a luxury we had last season.

Barring any trades:

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Nash-Anderson
Milano-Dubinsky-Duclair
Also creates a competition in the bottom 6, nobody can just coast and get a spot with guys like Abramov, Stenlund, Davidsson and Robinson pushing behind them.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

Barring any trades:

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Nash-Anderson
Milano-Dubinsky-Duclair

It’s kind of sad as a Habs fan.. you’re 4th line could almost be our 2nd line :help:

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Kawzee

Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
A really really good deal for CBJ. Kind of amazing that he is fallen as far as he has. Surprised Chicago didn't bring back for at least another season, but I guess in their own mind they have seen a fair sample size. If it doesn't click for him in Columbus, will that be the end of him in the NHL if this was his best offer at the age of 22?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He’s basically still a prospect. NCAA UFAs are going to be about the same age. Low risk, high reward.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So a "5 team bidding war" ends with a 1 year deal at league minimum?
Could very well be that we were the only ones guaranteeing NHL money one way or the other. The first rumor released on this suggested that the difference between us and Montreal was that Montreal wanted a two-way contract, after all.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
I think they're dumping on Bergevin because, frankly, the same is true of the Jackets.

I was also hoping the Rangers would take a chance on him, for that money,. he could of went to the minors if it didn't work out and not cost us anything on the cap. Gorton must be on Vacation cause nothing happening in Rangerland. Either that or no one seems to want to sign here anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad