Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Jackets sign Anthony Duclair [1 year/$650,000 1-way]

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I like this signing a lot if it's true. Really helps bolster the depth and is a low risk move at the worst.

I know a lot of jackets fans want the big flashy moves to get someone to play with Panarin, but honestly it's the smart depth moves that should take pressure away from Panarin that'll help keep him.

Making teams respect all 4 lines means teams can't game plan around stopping one line to win a game.

Reactions: iSophagus

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I do not mind much... tbh we are stacked of the LW, his supposedly chemistry with domi never made them win anything and only got him 40pts.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Where does he fit in on the Jackets tho???

Panarin - Dubois - Atkinson
Jenner - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Nash - Anderson
Sedlak - Dubinsky - Milano

4th line seems like the only spot?

They also have Abramov who is done with juniors and might force himself in the lineup next year.

For a reclamation project it's a weird signing since there's a pretty good chance they can't even fit him in, so as of now just got to look at is as a depth thing. Might just end up getting waived and claimed though.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Can’t seem to find a legit source on this. Just rumourmongers retweeting each other

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Kind of interesting that he chose to play under Torts

Kinda have to like it though, maybe the kid is finally prepared to work on the things he needs to work on, whatever it takes. He's got to know Torts will push him.

Perhaps this off-season was a bit of a wake-up call. Let go by the Hawks and getting offered 2-way contracts.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

My translation
"Anthony Duclair has not signed a one year contract with Columbus as reported by others. False rumour. Duclair indicated to me he hasn't signed anything at the moment"

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Kinda have to like it though, maybe the kid is finally prepared to work on the things he needs to work on, whatever it takes. He's got to know Torts will push him.

Perhaps this off-season was a bit of a wake-up call. Let go by the Hawks and getting offered 2-way contracts.

He's had AV, a bit of a dinosaur
He's had Tippett, who helped him flourish in his first full year, but got sick of his lack of effort the next and benched him repeatedly
He's had Tocchet who's known as a players coach, but Tocchet felt the same way and sat him.
Then he had coach Q, and didn't necessarily suck under him, but didn't thrive either. Whatever it was, it wasn't enough to bring him back.

I think he's had coaches that were tough on him and pushed him, it's just the whole "lead a horse to water" argument. I hope this is a wakeup call for him. 22 and already on his 4th NHL team. I love him as a player, hope he works out.

Reactions: Goldeneye

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Duclair only makes sense in Montreal is Pacioretty gtfo. If MB is 100% sure he is gonna trade him soon no matter what, he may try to sign him.

Reactions: Morrison

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
This might sound like a stupid question but are teams allowed to ask other gms what they offered or is it the player using it as leverage? If it’s the player can the agent lie to bring up the price of the contract or would he lose all credibility?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Yikes, if this guy is right he signed for under a mill? Gotta think he's worth more than that, but wanted to play with a team with the best chance of proving himself.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Duclair and Torts? Huh, that's interesting.

I’m getting real sick of this. Every single time a player signs with the CBJ it’s always, Torts this Torts that. So many people think they know what goes on behind the scenes, as if they are in the locker room and know what players fued with Torts & such. Give me a break.

I believe he has a lot more to offer at the NHL level than what he has in the past. What I’m trying to say is that he’s got a boat load of potential that he hasn’t reached. I hope Anthony signs with us.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
It sounds like a player agent trying to shake things up by giving false infos.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I’m getting real sick of this. Every single time a player signs with the CBJ it’s always, Torts this Torts that. So many people think they know what goes on behind the scenes, as if they are in the locker room and know what players fued with Torts & such. Give me a break.

I believe he has a lot more to offer at the NHL level than what he has in the passed. What I’m trying to say is that he’s got a boat load of potential that he hasn’t reached. I hope Anthony signs with us.

It wasn't a shot at how Torts is in the room, more about how he wants his team to play and how he values certain things. Unleashing your potential as an offensive player in the bottom 6 is pretty difficult.. see Karlsson.

But all i said was that it's interesting. Maybe Torts wants a different outlook for his team and more balanced scoring.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Duclair only makes sense in Montreal is Pacioretty gtfo. If MB is 100% sure he is gonna trade him soon no matter what, he may try to sign him.

Even then the Habs have a busy left wing: Domi, Lehkonen, Hudon, Deslauriers, and now Duclair? That doesn't include playing Byron and Drouin at the left like they could. There's also Kerby but nah nevermind he can rot in Laval.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad