Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Jackets sign Anthony Duclair [1 year/$650,000 1-way]

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
We'll see how things turn out for Duclair long term but would be nice for the Jackets to win a 5 team fight for once.

I wouldn't mind signing with them if I were a player. I feel that they are a lot more stable than people give them credit for.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Still not sure if I believe the guy reporting this, but if true, would make for an interesting reclamation project signing. We could certainly use the scoring depth.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Where does he fit in on the Jackets tho???

Panarin - Dubois - Atkinson
Jenner - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Nash - Anderson
Sedlak - Dubinsky - Milano

4th line seems like the only spot?

Reactions: Morrison

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...There's no way a scrub like Duclair gets a 1-way deal from another team than the Ha..
Oh.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

We've done surprisingly well with scoring-focused reclamation projects on the fourth line before. (See: Gagner, Sam)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

I would anticipate the 4th line. Hopefully the kid can have a healthy season.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Lol at the Hab fans dumping on Bergevin for this. For one, Montreal has a bloody ton of NHL wingers. They have ZERO need for Duclair. And two, he is very much a borderline player. A two-way deal is reasonable based on his track record.
We do have injuries with Shaw and Byron, although your point still stands and is valid. That being said, a) Duclair has chemistry with Domi b) is a local talent and c) why do we give one way deals to guys like Terry (I know it's to make them unattractive when we put them on waivers) but become cheap for players like Duclair who have more upside?

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Lol at the Hab fans dumping on Bergevin for this. For one, Montreal has a bloody ton of NHL wingers. They have ZERO need for Duclair. And two, he is very much a borderline player. A two-way deal is reasonable based on his track record.
This. We have 10 Wingers who could play in our lineup already next year. A 2-way makes sense from Bergevin's POV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad