Rumor: CBJ interested in Ryan Callahan

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Could be Perron.

Perron probably makes more sense than anyone that's been discussed. He's a scoring forward that can play the Jackets style of hockey and is on a reasonable contract. However, I do agree with Viq, that the Oilers will want a huge return for him. If he truly is a target, we're going to have to give up something of value to get him. I don't know from the young core who we could live without. I think you have to hold onto Jenner, Calvert, Atkinson and Murray. Perhaps one of the guys from last year's draft would interest them? The deadline is going to be interesting, especially if we are all in and going for the playoffs.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I would be shocked if the Oilers traded Perron. I think they'd sooner move Eberle or Yak.

IHeartZherdev*

Perron probably makes more sense than anyone that's been discussed. He's a scoring forward that can play the Jackets style of hockey and is on a reasonable contract. However, I do agree with Viq, that the Oilers will want a huge return for him. If he truly is a target, we're going to have to give up something of value to get him. I don't know from the young core who we could live without. I think you have to hold onto Jenner, Calvert, Atkinson and Murray. Perhaps one of the guys from last year's draft would interest them? The deadline is going to be interesting, especially if we are all in and going for the playoffs.

Um, Perron was traded for a 2nd round pick and Magnus Paajarvi. I don't see why his value would have vaulted to the "huge" realm since then. Especially with his injury/concussion history.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Um, Perron was traded for a 2nd round pick and Magnus Paajarvi. I don't see why his value would have vaulted to the "huge" realm since then. Especially with his injury/concussion history.

Probably because he's had a pretty productive season.

Hell, Sergei Bobrovsky was acquired for a 2nd and two 4ths. What happened to his value in a single year?

IHeartZherdev*

Probably because he's had a pretty productive season.

Hell, Sergei Bobrovsky was acquired for a 2nd and two 4ths. What happened to his value in a single year?

That's when Bob was known as an inconsistent backup goalie who hadn't proved to be an NHL starter yet.

Perron is producing just like he did in 2011-12. The league isn't just discovering what a solid player he is, the issue for him is health.

bizzz*

Wow, hon. Hopefully there's no Oil fans glancing around here to see that one. They'd eat you alive. Perron is to the Oilers as, say, Dubinsky or (formerly) Prospal is here - capable, inspiring, turning the culture around, and contributing very very well. They love him to death.

No one ate a single Oilers fan for all the ridiculous Joey offers they were making for 3 years in a row. We actually owe them a couple hundreds of such offers.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I perpetually want to trade Tyutin. I don't think it's irrational. I'm not sure what the "in love" comment is about.

It's a shame that you can't admit to yourself that it is irrational. As far as the "in love" comment goes, it's in your profile name. No mystery here, you've been on the same rant for almost a decade now.

Not sure why we are talking the value of Perron. Sure, we could very well be interested in him; but it sounds like Gagne would be the first guy on the way out before that NMC clause kicks in next season.

If I were Edmonton, Perron would be part of my future plans.

Is health all that much of a concern? Well more than anyone else who's had a concussion at some point in their career? He's a couple of years removed from the concussion issue and he's been pretty healthy the last couple.

Last edited:

skimp

Dec 19, 2006
It's a shame that you can't admit to yourself that it is irrational. As far as the "in love" comment goes, it's in your profile name. No mystery here, you've been on the same rant for almost a decade now.

Not sure why we are talking the value of Perron. Sure, we could very well be interested in him; but it sounds like Gagne would be the first guy on the way out before that NMC clause kicks in next season.

If I were Edmonton, Perron would be part of my future plans.

Is health all that much of a concern? Well more than anyone else who's had a concussion at some point in their career? He's a couple of years removed from the concussion issue and he's been pretty healthy the last couple.

His join date is September 2009, which is less than five years ago...

Are you from the future?! Are you guys still arguing on the internet in 2019?? ARE WE STILL PAYING FEDOR TYUTIN IN 2019??

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
His join date is September 2009, which is less than five years ago...

Are you from the future?! Are you guys still arguing on the internet in 2019?? ARE WE STILL PAYING FEDOR TYUTIN IN 2019??

Hyperbole. We traded for Tyutin in 2008.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
They'd probably LOVE to get rid of Yakapov for something more useful that doesn't have the leverage of leaving for the KHL.

Three #1 picks in a row and Edmonton is still many light years from being a competitive team... too much northern inbreeding in that organization.. They need to open up Alberta to the world... (and that includes Calgary too)

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
They'd probably LOVE to get rid of Yakapov for something more useful that doesn't have the leverage of leaving for the KHL.

Speaking of what a difference a year can make ...

Biggest draft mistake ever? May be right up there with the Canadiens not drafting Denis Savard... talk about a guy tailor made for the Edmonton Oilers in Ryan Murray. But no, they took Nail Yakupov instead.

Never forget this face:

tambellini1.jpg

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Speaking of what a difference a year can make ...

Biggest draft mistake ever? May be right up there with the Canadiens not drafting Denis Savard... talk about a guy tailor made for the Edmonton Oilers in Ryan Murray. But no, they took Nail Yakupov instead.

I thought FOR SURE they'd take Murray and we'd still get Yakapov - both teams would get what they needed at the time. Yes, that was a big blunder by Edmonton - and that actually worked out well for us.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I thought FOR SURE they'd take Murray and we'd still get Yakapov - both teams would get what they needed at the time. Yes, that was a big blunder by Edmonton - and that actually worked out well for us.

Dead on, LeeSmith...glad the "Fail for Nail" never became the final chapter.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It's easy to look past Nail right now with how he's performing but keep in mind he had an impressive rookie season and sophomore slumps happen. He's also turning it around recently (Thanks for the goal vs NYR), so I wouldn't write him off already..

But I'd still rather have Murray

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
It's easy to look past Nail right now with how he's performing but keep in mind he had an impressive rookie season and sophomore slumps happen. He's also turning it around recently (Thanks for the goal vs NYR), so I wouldn't write him off already..

But I'd still rather have Murray

While I agree that sophomore slumps do happen, I think Yakupov's struggles are far more dangerous - he's a -29 and only has 11 goals. One more year and his contract is up ... does he think he deserves $6m/year like Eberle, Hall, and co. ... and if he doesn't get it, does he bolt to Russia?

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
:huh:

Don't see them as similar players at all. But eyes of the beholder and all.

Well. In terms of pt production, size, grit, leadership I do. Callahan blocks more shots, Foligno drops the gloves more.

One plays in a big market and is overrated. One plays in a small market and is underrated.

This would be a bad move as a UFA signing. Yet alone, moving someone.

Wouldn't it be something though if it was Marian Gaborik going the other way lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad