CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
So I'm commish for the Prospect League.

Still some room. Herd, EspenK have been sent invites. I think that'll leave us with one more opening to get to 10. Email will be sent through the league to set up a draft time.

Any reason I never got invited to join back up? I was in the league last year.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Nevermind. I never got an email, but I went to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey and I did have an invite. I joined up, so there are 11 teams now.

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
I have resent PM's to players about the Grinder League sign up.

Helps people get in the league if I send out the correct information. Who knew? :shakehead

Sorry about that, hope everyone who is interested can get in. Still some spots open.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Any news on the Premier league yet? Is it going to be played this season? :(

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Any news on the Premier league yet? Is it going to be played this season? :(

If there isn't one, maybe once the other 2 leagues are full everyone who isn't in a league can just start a new one.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The prospect league is going to draft before the 20th right?

It was scheduled for 7 pm (est) on the 20th when I registered. Haven't seen anything to the contrary. Just double checked. Still valid. Just pick a bunch of guys who did well on Sat.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
It was scheduled for 7 pm (est) on the 20th when I registered. Haven't seen anything to the contrary. Just double checked. Still valid. Just pick a bunch of guys who did well on Sat.

I am willing to do it at a different date/time, but I think the current date and time is good. I don't mind missing one day of the season.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
so no one is running the top league this year? and the middle league we have our draft in an hour, correct?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Regarding the prospect league, I just changed it to Wednesday. I'll send a message to the league to try to see if that works for everyone.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wasn't in last year but I see some differences from when I played "regular" Yahoo league a couple of years ago.

Roster to be 22 players?

3 IR slots? Have to be listed as IR by Yahoo to be put on IR?

Guys showing C,W can be slotted in the lineup at either position?

If Team A cuts a guy, he is immediately eligible to be picked up by anyone?

Commissioner is sole decider if a trade flies?

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
Wasn't in last year but I see some differences from when I played "regular" Yahoo league a couple of years ago.

Roster to be 22 players?

3 IR slots? Have to be listed as IR by Yahoo to be put on IR?

Guys showing C,W can be slotted in the lineup at either position?

If Team A cuts a guy, he is immediately eligible to be picked up by anyone?

Commissioner is sole decider if a trade flies?

Here are settings in the Grinder League to compare.

Trade Reject Time: 2 days vs 0 in Prospect.

Waiver Time: 2 days vs 0 in Prospect.

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports vs no list/restrictions in Prospect

Trade Review: League Votes vs Commissioner decides in Prospect

Roster Positions: Grinder shows 3 C, and 5 W, vs 4 C and 6 W in Prospect.

I thought that the standard Yahoo league allowed players to play any position they were listed as at start of season. C/W or W/D for example.

Grinder also has 3 IR spots, and player has to be listed in Yahoo to be eligible.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I didn't set it up, nor can I remember any vote on how to set it the way it is. I'll send out a group message about this.

I suspect some of the categories are a little more loose because it's the prospects league.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
For those in the prospects league, please check the league for an email about rule changes.

I doubt we have time to vote on every nuance, but please make your suggestions and we'll go from there. I would definitely think we need to trim the roster in the interests of a competitive league. Our rosters are too big for a 12 team league, IMO.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Fantastic job on fixing the rules, SG - you should have been involved in getting the new CBA done. Look out Gary B there is a new sheriff in town. :yo:

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
I was never able to figure out how to change my pre-draft rankings so hopefully I'll be able to get away from work for the first couple rounds

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
When do the leagues start? I think I remember the week starting on Monday going through Sunday but I'm not sure. Set today's lineup just in case. Anyone know? Couldn't find it on the site.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
DAMNIT SCHNEIDER

q3Hqyt6.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad